Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2016 2:28:02 PM EDT
Haven't seen the new wing yet.  I may have to push a stroller so might not bother going at all.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going. Don't let that stroller stop you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going. Don't let that stroller stop you.
View Quote

Sure as hell doesn't stop anyone else.  

Might go and take the son, but not if the lines are super long.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I took my two kids in a double stroller before, but it was an hour before closing and crowds had died down.
I'm thinking about going after work Friday...all I want is decently priced small rifle primers
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I would never bring a stroller to this show. I have taken them to other shows but never the Chantilly one.

It is just to crowded and too many people not watching where they are walking. I would not want to put my kids through that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I have gotten so sick of sloppy gun handling that I don't think I would take my young children.

But, I have spent the last couple years trying to shoot more and shop less so my "gun fund" has turned into an "ammo fund" and I can buy that online all day long.

-shooter
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#6]
We've taken our toddler to the Expo center for others shows there but would never to the gun show. I'll be there Saturday while my wife is watching our little girl.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, it's pretty crowded.  It's tough just walking down the aisles at times.  You do see folks with strollers periodically, but I suspect most don't cover much ground before they decide it's not worth it.  Hell, it's usually not worth it when you are just walking by yourself.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Side note - what are the chances I can pick up a stripped lower for $75 or less out the door (taxes, background check fee, etc)?  I had a chance to grab some Andersons during a 24 hour sale last night at $39.99 each, but when you factor in shipping and only buying one I'd still be paying about $66.  Considering the cost of the show, I figure if I can get one for about $75, I'd be A-OK if I just got one locally.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Side note - what are the chances I can pick up a stripped lower for $75 or less out the door (taxes, background check fee, etc)?  I had a chance to grab some Andersons during a 24 hour sale last night at $39.99 each, but when you factor in shipping and only buying one I'd still be paying about $66.  Considering the cost of the show, I figure if I can get one for about $75, I'd be A-OK if I just got one locally.
View Quote

Good chance. last show I picked up a stripped lower for $59.00 cash with back ground check. Quantico tactical has good deals on Anderson lowers all the time too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Good chance. last show I picked up a stripped lower for $59.00 cash with back ground check. Quantico tactical has good deals on Anderson lowers all the time too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice!  Thanks for the info!

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll be there all  three days. It's a social event for me Well, it's sorta social, I mean demented and sad, but social
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:51:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll be there Friday and Sunday with International Police Supply.  As for $75 lowers - that might be tough, dealers seem to be rather proud of them.  My dealer will have some used PD Bushmasters, but I haven't looked at them yet.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll be there all  three days. It's a social event for me Well, it's sorta social, I mean demented and sad, but social
View Quote

Yeah, its more entertainment value at this point.  I might wander out with a buddy, but still unsure as I have a bunch of things to do around the house and it looks like the weather is going to be nice this weekend...
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

QT had 2 for $80 several shows ago, but I haven't seen a similar deal since.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Our Anderson lowers are currently at $59.95.  I checked with our Woodbridge store manager and they have ~100 in stock.

Add tax and state xfer fee and you are in the $65 range.
View Quote

Excellent, thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#17]
couple hundred people waiting in line to get in today around 315-330. The line was basically the full length of the buildings, past the barbershop etc. I went home.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
couple hundred people waiting in line to get in today around 315-330. The line was basically the full length of the buildings, past the barbershop etc. I went home.
View Quote

That's around the time they opened their doors. I'm hoping its better tomorrow or Sunday.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:25:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I got there around 5 and literally walked right up and bought my ticket. No line.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I went yesterday early. Got there about 1:30. There was 1 guy in line. Plenty of front row parking . I went and got some lunch and sat in my car to read some so I did not have to stand in the rain. Went and got in line about 2:40. Was about half way down the shops by then and stopped raining. Once they opened the doors, the line moved at a steady pace. I was there for about 3 hours. I was not really looking for anything special. I was looking at availability of basic AKs. Prices for cheap new ones were $550 up to $750. For the same model. I did see a couple of I may have bought but the had canted front sights. I really did not see anything I needed.

I did see one dealer selling Anderson lowers for $50. Saw a lot of Spikes lowers for $95 to $115 depending on which dealer. Saw one guy with Aero lowers for $80. I thought the Aero was the best deal in my opinion. I did not look at any ammo.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:35:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Was there today. Good prices on ammo if you look around. Got to see a X95 and KRISS Vector gen2 9mm which was cool.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Went for the first time in awhile today.  Not too crowded at mid-day.  Glad to see the the extra space has allowed them to add pickles to the fudge and jerky selection.

Many of the same vendors and some new folks.  QT special was 5 for something PMAGs, which didn't tempt me.  

Was hoping to see some Vortex illuminated variable scopes, but Kenzie's is usually one of the few selling optics that don't suck there and I didn't see them.  They might have been hiding behind the fudge.

Left the way I came, but 13 beans lighter.  Still though, better than a day at work.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I was there from about 3:15 till closing at 5, very light attendance.  Several vendors saying this was a very slow show.  My first time to the expanded area and seeing pickles being sold now.  Not far from a jewelry display all lit up.  I found my Remington 7.5 small rifle primers, got 2 out of 3 that looked like what one guy had left, so that was my primary goal.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#24]
You guys should really stop hating on the pickle stand. Trust me, try the horseradish ones, you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:09:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You guys should really stop hating on the pickle stand. Trust me, try the horseradish ones, you won't regret it.
View Quote

The pickle stand did have the most customers around it, and I heard from one vendor who said the pickle stand was doing a great business there.  They did look good...
I almost tripped over the hoverboard on the ground in front of that stand in the same area.  I spent the most money in that new area:  primers, a gun case, and bought some of the plastic mag carriers from the guy at the far wall that seemed easy to attach to molle gear.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I went Sunday from 11:00 to 2:00.  Saw some beat up police trade in Glocks for $360, but Trader Jerry's had some really nice used G17s for $400.  Bought a Magpul D60 for $120 and a single FDE gen 2 windowed mag for $14.  I had to leave before I walked out with a damned Glock...
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Went Friday arrived around 5 and walked right in. Damn $13 the last one I went to was $11.  I was more on a mission to look for some suppressors and literally flew through the lanes only stopping to fondle a CZ Brent 805 pistol.  $1799 ouch.  Unfortunately I walked out with $600 in upper and lower parts. Was looking for a good lower to SBR. Then had to rush to Sterling to get my suppressor paperwork started. Saker 7.62 in jail.

Oh I like pickles too but couldn't bring myself to buy a pickle at a gun show. It would feel like cheating on my gun show jerky.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#28]
My wife and I just got back.  First one I've been to in while. Parking still sucked, but it is so much nicer with the expanded space - if felt like they improved the HVAC, too.  Not a single bruised shin from a stroller.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#29]
A rather slow show but we still did OK.  Most interesting sights were the folks who decided that a Wal-mart shopping cart made an appropriate stroller/crib, and the folks who brought a pet pig (very friendly).
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#30]
I saw the pet pig and was going to say something about wanting a BLT, but then thought better of it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
A rather slow show but we still did OK.  Most interesting sights were the folks who decided that a Wal-mart shopping cart made an appropriate stroller/crib, and the folks who brought a pet pig (very friendly).
View Quote

I saw BOTH of those as well

I bought a Colt SBR upper from Dennis Todd. Other than that, I really didn't see all that much that impressed me. I introduced my friend (looking for his 1st, starter, AR) to the dealer who had $550 "M&P15 Sport 2" rifles on his table but my friend "thunk about it" until they were all sold out.

I enjoy going but I find less and less that interests me with each show.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top