Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:31:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Loudon was actually my guess.  What is the percentage of NY/NJ/MD people in Loudon Co?
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:23:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Loudon was actually my guess.  What is the percentage of NY/NJ/MD people in Loudon Co?
View Quote

Too damn many. No actual idea.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I swear everyone here has a NY sticker of some kind (Mets, Yankees, etc)
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WAY too many.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I am telling you guys straight up I know at least three website designer NJ domacratic activists that moved down here during the 08 election cycle. At the time they worked for moveon.org but from what little contact I can gleam from social media he is now employeed by change.org scratch advomatic. One of them married a friend of mine but after several gun discussions I stopped talking to them. She went from libertarian to frothing at the mouth liberal.

They always railed against Virginia politics, so  I asked the last time I saw them then why the fuck did you move down here. He said that since they work from home it didn't matter where they lived and that they were encouraged to move to places "Where they could make a difference". They are all very tech savy and work through a digital virtual office. He and his team designed some Clinton foundation webpage that had some grubby african hands smoking a bowl of camel dung or some shit. It was picked as a front page by Clinton for some foundation BS and he thought he was big shit. Their whole team has apparently like 60 people all transplanted to swing states. When an election is as close as a few thousand votes, having "ground teams" that can not only organize but troll and pump stuff makes a huge difference. Multiply it by hundreds of non-profit organizations BLM, ACORN ect you can easily tip the balance. Its completely llegal and is a long game strategy, like cancer pushing back conservatism one bite at a time.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Annex  Arlington and Fairfax to D.C.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm another one behind the lines.

Wonder how they'd respond to open carry.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Even though I'd suffer from such a move -- living here in the verdant hills of South Arlington, between Guatemala and Honduras -- this should be a recurring topic in the legislature. And it should be brought up every time "my representatives," that gang of fellow travelers ...

Ebbins (D), Favola (D), Hope (D), Sullivan (D), and Lopez (D)

...renew their bleating in support of Fearless Leader, especially his efforts that undercut and contravene the Constitutions of the Commonwealth of Virginia and these United States of America.

This 'Gang of Five' know they would lose their jobs if Arlington was part of that cesspool that is the District of Columbia.  They would likely become more reluctant to advocate their Marxist philosophy if such advocacy always resulted in legislative consideration of Arlington being restored to its rightful place in the "100 square miles" that was to become the seat of the government of the United States.

On July 9, 1790, Congress passed the Residence Act, which approved the creation of a national capital on the Potomac River. The exact location was to be selected by President George Washington, who signed the bill into law on July 16. Formed from land donated by the states of Maryland and Virginia, the initial shape of the federal district was a square measuring 10 miles on each side, totaling 100 square miles. ... The Virginia General Assembly voted in February 1846 to accept the return of Alexandria. On July 9, 1846, Congress agreed to return all the territory that had been ceded by Virginia. Therefore, the District's current area consists only of the land originally donated by Maryland.  (Source)
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:04:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Given how Marylanders act at Virginia gun shows (no VA dealer cares to mess with them) even their gun owners seem retarded at times. I'd rather they stay in MD or go elsewhere....You know, just to be safe.

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I live in Fairfax County just north of Ft. Belvoir, we conservatives are definitely the minority here.  We are just too damn close to MD and WDC.  Most of my neighbors are good hard working folks or are in the military.  But some of my friends are ardent dems as well.   We are cordial, but when the SHTF they are on their own.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I live in Fairfax County just north of Ft. Belvoir, we conservatives are definitely the minority here.  We are just too damn close to MD and WDC.  Most of my neighbors are good hard working folks or are in the military.  But some of my friends are ardent dems as well.   We are cordial, but when the SHTF they are on their own.
View Quote

This. Right. Here.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top