Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2016 8:43:56 PM EDT
Gents,

I recall hearing some chatter over the last year about law changes regarding titling dirt bikes, i.e. making what used to be off-road dirt bikes now street legal.

Any ideas?

The google isn't turning up much...

I did a brief glance around ADVRider but no avail.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I know mopeds and small displacement scooters now have to be registered,  haven't heard anything about dirt bikes, but many other states register dirt bikes and ATV'S  even though they are still not street legal.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I would ASSume you would need a certificate of origin. Maybe not if you get LE to sign off on vin?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I read about it a little bit a while ago before I bought my DRZ, some people had better luck by going to a DMV down south somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:42:12 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.dmv.state.va.us/vehicles/#atv_offroad.asp

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:22:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I had an untitled KTM 400 with just the COO, went to sell it, guy asked dmv.   It was needing a title for anything over 50cc now.....it was a  fucking mess, they said I was in possession of a stolen bike now given the law changed 7 years after the bike was made
Had to get a circuit court judge involved to show the dmv the light....always title if you plan to sell....ride it to ashes, then fuck it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top