Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2016 8:58:47 PM EDT
Sorry if this has been covered but I had thought the changes too effect 01 Feb.  Just visited the VSP web site it now says 01 March.  Is that the case?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Sorry if this has been covered but I had thought the changes too effect 01 Feb.  Just visited the VSP web site it now says 01 March.  Is that the case?
View Quote

I believe that that was one of the provisions of the "deal".
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:36:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Check on other states if you're traveling.  If they have already made the change to be effective for GFeb, they may not extend it. I believe this is the case with PA.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:18:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check on other states if you're traveling.  If they have already made the change to be effective for Feb, they may not extend it. I believe this is the case with PA.
View Quote

Thanks.  I live here in Tampa and work out of NoVa so the travel is normally limited between TPA and DCA.  The original write-ups, when this 1st passed in Oct, had an effective date of 01 Feb and it now appears that's been adjusted to 01 March between Va and FL.  The reason that I'm asking is that I have backpacking trip planned in the Shenandoah's in a few weeks and I'm not a fan of OC....  

I've also submitted for my non-resident VA CCW back in Nov but I understand there's a back log and I haven't heard anything other than receiving a letter in Dec from the VSP that the packet was received.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was an extension offered by the AG's office (the Executive Branch), to allow the General Assembly (Legislative Branch) a chance to come to a deal that the Governor would be willing to sign off on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top