Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2016 1:34:04 AM EDT
Bastages.

My name is clearly spelled out on my application and required training course certificate.

And they STILL managed to get it wrong on my printed card AND on the hand written address on the delivery envelope.

I mean... Just way wrong spelling of a common first name to the point of being an unpronounceable string of random letters.

I can't wait to see who my tax stamps coming back from BATFE are going to be addressed to.

Morans, all,.... I swear....

I'm beyond miffed and way passed vexxed.

And,  I got my property tax bill on my Jeep too.

I wonder how they managed to get it here correctly.....

I'm envisioning another 45 day waiting period while they research my correctly spelled name for my CCW.

< Le-Sigh.>
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#1]
1. ATF won't fuck up your NFA forms, given that you're the one who prepared them (or your dealer).

2. Take your CHP to the clerk's office and make them fix it. If the crabby lady there gives you any crap, tell her to go pull your file and look at the name on the application.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#2]
But don't do it today. Courts are closed for Jackson Lee day. Yes, that's still a thing.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Caught up with your answers this afternoon.

Thanks, guys.

I was afraid of the afore mentioned do-over process.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But don't do it today. Courts are closed for Jackson Lee day. Yes, that's still a thing.
View Quote

Its Lee Jackson Day and has been a celebrated Virginia holiday honoring two of Virginia's finest men for more than 100 years.  So yeah.... it still is a thing.

OP-  Hope you get your CCW snafu fixed with minimal headache on your part.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Well this makes me nervous. I should be getting my DL any day now and with that, Ill be ready for my CHP application.

Not that it really matters as I already have a TX permit (TX is one of the states that we still have reciprocation with right?) but it would be nice to have a local one just to make people feel more comfortable when I do face to face purchases or sales.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 6:31:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Sadly, this kind of thing seems to be common, at least with me. Now it wasn't too bad when I moved back to VA a few years ago. And I got my CHP here. Name spelled right, on the envelope and my CHP. But they spelled "road" wrong by spelling it "raod". Haven't bothered to go back to have them fix it.

Back when I lived in another state several years ago. I got my CCW permit form them. I said "holy Hell" when I opened my mail box and saw the letter. They had my first, middle and last name spelled wrong on the letter. Now I understand it on my last name. But not on the first and middle name. Anyways I opened up the letter and to my surprise everything was spelled right. But my name was spelled wrong. Way wrong. I just said whatever and it was never a problem and even the issuing party said no problem. So a couple or so years went by and I moved and I needed to update my address. I went and filled out the paper work. I clearly (once again) spelled my middle name and made a note on the paperwork to make sure to spell my whole name correctly. Guess what? The replacement CCW comes in the mail. And my middle name is still spelled wrong. Go figure.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 10:24:39 AM EDT
[#7]
At one time, I may have had a CCW that expired in 1015.  I may have been inspired to get my CCW due to threat of Dane invasions of England.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At one time, I may have had a CCW that expired in 1015.  I may have been inspired to get my CCW due to threat of Dane invasions of England.
View Quote

Impressive. The King gave you license to carry a weapon  before Henry II even signed off on the Assize of Arms in 1181.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:40:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I got my CHP (in less than 3 weeks) from Loudoun county.  No typos on my form.  

I did kinda flirt with the clerk though.  (She had a nice rack)  Might be that helped...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top