Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2016 7:44:07 PM EDT
I will be in the area this weekend for a hockey tournament. Any places I should visit?
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]
NRA HQ and Museum

What's the age group for the tournament? (Level 4 coach here)

Lost Rhino Brewing Company about a mile from the rink.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NRA HQ and Museum

What's the age group for the tournament? (Level 4 coach here)
View Quote

My kid is a Squirt. Not sure if other levels in tournament.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Virginia Arms in Manassas is about a 30 min trip. Best store in the area, IMO. Super helpful, good stock, although I went last week just to poke around and it was slim pickings (relatively speaking, still had more than most any store in Nova in stock) following Christmas. That said, they still had some cool stuff in, some very cool ARs, and the guys are super helpful to talk to.

And, it also happens to be next to a tap room for afterwards.....
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 1:10:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Another recommendation for Va Arms. Great guys to buy from.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Virginia Arms is a good store, but it's a bit of a drive from Ashburn.  I'm guessing you'll be at the rink off of Waxpool.  Here's a couple that are closer to Ashburn:

Bullseye Firearms (used to be TW Firearms, but they expanded and changed their name)

Loudoun Guns

Both of these shops are located in Leesburg, and they are just a few minutes drive from each other so easy to hit both.  I've bought guns at both places in the past.  Loudoun Guns has a big selection, but really high prices.   Bullseye used to be a really small one man shop.  I haven't seen the new place, but from FB pics it seems they are signficantly expanded and starting to have a fair amount of physical stock.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#6]
What?! Why no mention of S****R E***E? (self censor)
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.  Just no.  That place is very close to my house, and I went there once before I knew the full story on the owner's politics.  Once I realized what I had done, I felt dirty.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#8]
50 West Armory and F3 Tactical are nearby.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
50 West Armory and F3 Tactical are nearby.
View Quote

Yes on 50 West.

F3 does not have a FFL.

But they DO have all the other gun related stuff to go with it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#10]
So far Ive checked out Nova Armament and Sterling Arsenal.  Bought a few 308 25 round mags at both and had Nova Armament do a little bit of work on a few guns (install sights and fix a trigger issue I had on my first home build lol).  So far I liked both but I wasn't crazy about the prices of either.  Will check out the one in Manassas next even if its a little drive from me (up in sterling)
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I checked out Sterling, they had a bunch of suppressors. I also checked out the indoor range, I think  it was Eagle or something like that. It was very busy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I checked out Sterling, they had a bunch of suppressors. I also checked out the indoor range, I think  it was Eagle or something like that. It was very busy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  Just no.  That place is very close to my house, and I went there once before I knew the full story on the owner's politics.  Once I realized what I had done, I felt dirty.  

By the eagle place I assume you meant Silver Eagle Group. They  are a bunch of treacherous @$#@%$%  Unfortunately most people do not realize it.

Read through this thread here.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_24/343677_Why_are_you_not_shooting_at_Silver_Eagle.html&page=16

Notice who the owners donate to:
http://www.opensecrets.org/usearch/?q=dario+marquez&cx=010677907462955562473%3Anlldkv0jvam&cof=FORID%3A11
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 11:20:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

By the eagle place I assume you meant Silver Eagle Group. They  are a bunch of treacherous @$#@%$%  Unfortunately most people do not realize it.

They did not get any of my money.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_24/343677_Why_are_you_not_shooting_at_Silver_Eagle.html&page=16

http://www.opensecrets.org/usearch/?q=dario+marquez&cx=010677907462955562473%3Anlldkv0jvam&cof=FORID%3A11
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

They did not get any of my money.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

So I got questions about suppressors.  

I have a trust and already own 2.  Bought them years ago when I was stationed in Texas.  Silencer shop had amazing deals on cans and their brick and mortar location was only an hour from me.  

My question is, have you guys found prices of cans in local stores to be competitive with online prices and if not, what do local guys charge to transfer cans that they didn't sell themselves?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have a trust and already own 2.  Bought them years ago when I was stationed in Texas.  Silencer shop had amazing deals on cans and their brick and mortar location was only an hour from me.  

My question is, have you guys found prices of cans in local stores to be competitive with online prices and if not, what do local guys charge to transfer cans that they didn't sell themselves?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My LGS has competitive prices but has a hard time keeping them in stock. I bought my last 3 and transferred them to my LGS, they treat me very good, and cost of transfer is is cheap.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:47:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Thank you.  Sterling Arsenal he a huge number of cans (though of course most of them were just waiting for their stamps to come back) and they told me they're the largest NFA dealer in nova. Seeing all those cans I didn't think it an idle boast lol.  

Anyways I'll get some ideas of competitive prices online and check how they compare to the local guys.  Both nova armament and sterling Arsenal are clearly big on NFA items.  Anybody have recommendations for other class 3 dealers in the area who I should also consider?  

I'll just spill the beans, I want to get a pair of 556 cans, a 22 can and a PWS mk111 mod2 SBR.

Oh and both of my current cans are silencerco's and have been fantastic so I'll probably be giving them my money this time as well.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I keep seeing these guys on armslist.  Has anyone ever heard of 54-17 arms

Heres their facebook page

On armslist their prices on cans are just amazing.  Like Silencershop good.  I just found it hard to believe anybody in the area could undersell their competition so much and still make a profit.  

They want like $540 for a Silencerco Specwar 556K.  Cheapest other dealer in the area is Nova Armament at $700 and EVERY other dealer I spoke to wanted $750+ to order one for me.  Almost seems too good to be true which is why I hesitate to give them my business.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thank you.  Sterling Arsenal he a huge number of cans (though of course most of them were just waiting for their stamps to come back) and they told me they're the largest NFA dealer in nova. Seeing all those cans I didn't think it an idle boast lol.  

Anyways I'll get some ideas of competitive prices online and check how they compare to the local guys.  Both nova armament and sterling Arsenal are clearly big on NFA items.  Anybody have recommendations for other class 3 dealers in the area who I should also consider?  

I'll just spill the beans, I want to get a pair of 556 cans, a 22 can and a PWS mk111 mod2 SBR.

Oh and both of my current cans are silencerco's and have been fantastic so I'll probably be giving them my money this time as well.
View Quote

Hansohn Brothers is whom you seek.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  Hanson Brothers is very reasonable.  I've bought from them, but also bought from Silencer Shop directly when the Specwar 556 was only $500.  I still don't know why everyone on the planet didn't buy one, but whatever - that's a discussion for another time.

Talk to Hanson about your rimfire can needs - they are VERY competitive, and what they don't have in stock they can get quickly.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Thank you guys!  I had already set aside my suppressor budget and looking at hansohn bros I can buy another one and still be under budget lol
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:15:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Specdive Tactical in Alexandria.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Check out Bullseye Guns of VA in Leesburg.  Dave is great to work with!!!

Lowest priced Silencerco dealer in NOVA I have found...

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Hansohn Brothers has the best suppressor prices in the state. Great customer service as well.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#24]
So I got down to Virginia Arms about a week ago to check things out.  Loved it!  By far the coolest shop Ive seen in the area.  

They had a converted Saiga in 5.45x39 for like $680 which I was amazed by (though to be fair, they probably just didnt know the prices for them have skyrocketed this year).  I swept in and bought it even though my drivers license isn't 30 days old yet so I paid for it all up front "on layaway" and will just come in to pick it up this weekend and do the state background check.  

If it wasn't for the Saiga I would have bought a BCM from them but I figured the BCM wasnt going anywhere but that AK... I just couldnt ignore lol
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So I got down to Virginia Arms about a week ago to check things out.  Loved it!  By far the coolest shop Ive seen in the area.  

They had a converted Saiga in 5.45x39 for like $680 which I was amazed by (though to be fair, they probably just didnt know the prices for them have skyrocketed this year).  I swept in and bought it even though my drivers license isn't 30 days old yet so I paid for it all up front "on layaway" and will just come in to pick it up this weekend and do the state background check.  

If it wasn't for the Saiga I would have bought a BCM from them but I figured the BCM wasnt going anywhere but that AK... I just couldnt ignore lol
View Quote

Nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top