Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2015 6:42:51 PM EDT
Do you think the AWB could happen in VA in the future?
I don't want to lose my toys.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not with the current legislature, but if this state trends much bluer, yeah.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#3]
We need to keep our legislators aware that we are watching.
If you're not already a VCDL member, join now.
If you're already a member, please consider an additional donation.
Member or not, try to join us in Richmond for Lobby Day in January, we need a huge turnout this year.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 2:02:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Not any time in the next few years, no.  Should we eventually lose control of the General Assembly when a Democrat is governor then sure, anything could happen.

We're safe for now, though, which is really all we can worry about.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Demographicly, it is headed toward being MUCH bluer.  

It's only a matter of time until they control both houses plus governorship.

At that point, they WILL pass a Virginia AWB and limit mags to 10 rounds again.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Member or not, try to join us in Richmond for Lobby Day in January, we need a huge turnout this year.
View Quote

See bolded part.  Try to bring at least 2 of your friends, if not more.  Print out VCDL's flyer and post it at any ALL gun clubs you belong to.  

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

yes !!!  we are in the end time of Va being conservative ....
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't say this in a mean-spirited manner, and I don't meant to imply that the OP isn't fully dedicated to the cause.

But if we keep thinking of this issue as a matter of "toys", our arguments won't have as much weight.

Words mean things... this isn't just a hobby to me.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

See bolded part.  Try to bring at least 2 of your friends, if not more.  Print out VCDL's flyer and post it at any ALL gun clubs you belong to.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats the 2015 Lobby Day flier
you have the 2016?
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

All this.

If you don't get involved NOW, I don't want to hear any bitching in the future.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:22:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

All this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All this.

This.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Of course it is possible, and we had better all act like it is possible.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 8:45:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Technically, we already have an "Assault Weapon" law.

Anything can happen, particularly with "Northern" Virginia spreading further South and West.

Stay informed and stay involved.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 9:03:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Of course it is possible, and we had better all act like it is possible.
View Quote

Yep, even some of the most down to earth pro gun communities have had proposed anti2A legislation come out of nowhere....community organizing to leftist ideals is in effect. We've even seen places like Newport News think they could upstage it to the Commonwealth.  Previously, I've pointed out the very influential Virginia Municipal League is pushing stuff on us at the state level(ETA local level efforts, but statewide influence).  There's more being cooked up against us then we recognize and I would say a false sense of security here.  If we have to vote for R's like Gillespie again, we will not have the support we think.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 10:10:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Va will eventually fall, the demographics are just not on our side. While it probably won't be for 20+ years, NOVA is a cancer (no offense to our NOVA brothers) that is destroying Va's freedom. Va is becoming more liberal and the state GOP is run by GOPe, bible thumping morons who believe that GOPe/Bible thumpers can still be elected to high positions in Va.

While we have elected moron governor's before, it is a real low point to have elected Timmay not only to Governorship but to US Senate (he will most likely retain his seat in 18), then to elect a full on out and out proud anti gun dumbass like McAulife.

Join and donate to the VCDL, email, call, talk in person to your reps, even if they are not on our side. We will eventually fall, but it shouldn't be done quietly.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm afraid it'll happen eventually, but not too soon. Even when enough districts vote democrat, most Virginians are still very pro-gun at the moment. Though that is changing slowly, I think we're going to hold out for a while.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#17]
While Northern Virginia is more liberal than the rest of the state, still, it is less liberal than Maryland or D.C. The reason is that when people come from outside the region to work for the federal government (or one of its many contractors), they self-select the jurisdiction that they live in, according to their ideology. All of the more conservative newcomers locate to Virginia, while the true-blue liberals choose the District or Maryland. That's why Virginia as a whole will never be as liberal as Maryland. Certainly, gun owners, when faced with the choice, would not knowlingly locate to Maryland. (The District isn't even in the running.)
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All this.

This.

The Antis are gaining hearts and minds, not just in NoVA.  but in other areas, so we need to be active in a positive manner.  

Now is the time for all of us to be ambassadors, with the current rhetoric about gun control, I've had a few people ask about carrying or getting a gun, or counter augments to the antis.  Now is the time for the discussion if you're in an active shooter, burglary, assault,  etc, do you want to be able to defend yourself and family?

California has all the gun control, restrictions, background checks, waiting periods, that the antis are asking for, so its not the solution.

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Yes, especially if people here keep voting Sarvis.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yes, especially if people here keep voting Sarvis the Republican party keeps nominating people like Cuccinelli.
View Quote

There. Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There. Fixed it for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, especially if people here keep voting Sarvis the Republican party keeps nominating people like Cuccinelli.

There. Fixed it for you.

Lies and anti-gun trolls like you should be banned.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There. Fixed it for you.

Anti-gun troll? You're out of your fucking mind. I've been shooting and collecting guns since before you were born, sonny boy. And they're not just fudd guns, either.
You need to take a break. Maybe your mommy will bring you some nice Kool-Aid or something.

ETA: And not that it's any of your business, but I voted for Cuccinelli. I had to. I would much more have preferred to vote for Bill Bolling, but he got ambushed at the state convention and wasn't on the ballot.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#25]
I think we will something of an executive order from the McAwful.  Here is my reasoning, Obama and Hellary have both promised EOs and I think McAwful will allow himself and the CW with pressure from Kaine to be their petri dish for the experiment to see just how much WE will endure before demanding a repeal and a recall.
McAwful has already made on EO and most would think that "well, that is not so bad....no guns in state buildings....I can live with that as it does not affect me"..  So know a precedence has been set and others will point and use these as a reason for more erosion of our RIGHTS.
I think the VCDL got it right with their response.  I just renewed my membership, sadly I will not be able to make Lobby Day though.
M2C, thank you
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Mc Aullife cant do anything to ban magazines, or any kind of firearm with an EO.

His EO powers are severely limited.

One thing might be a problem, and thats 41p, and shall sign for NFA items. We wont see that as long as he is in office.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 8:48:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Apologies in advance to the pro-2A transplants to Virginia but the fact is it's the transplants that are the real cancer. They are not just moving into NoVA to work but to points west 60-80 miles away.

My next door neighbor is moving to the Tidewater area (job related) and have their house for sale. So far all the people I've noticed that have looked at their house have been driving vehicles with out of state tags. I've seen at least two from NY.

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 11:54:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Apologies in advance to the pro-2A transplants to Virginia but the fact is it's the transplants that are the real cancer. They are not just moving into NoVA to work but to points west 60-80 miles away.

My next door neighbor is moving to the Tidewater area (job related) and have their house for sale. So far all the people I've noticed that have looked at their house have been driving vehicles with out of state tags. I've seen at least two from NY.

View Quote

Make sure you're out doing target practice in your yard when there is an open house.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Make sure you're out doing target practice in your yard when there is an open house.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. I totally agree. If you've got enough property, I'll come over and bring my cannon. It has a 2 1/2 inch bore, and I shoot concrete-filled soda cans. Makes a hell of a noise. That ought to do the trick
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yep. I totally agree. If you've got enough property, I'll come over and bring my cannon. It has a 2 1/2 inch bore, and I shoot concrete-filled soda cans. Makes a hell of a noise. That ought to do the trick
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the potential buyers come over and spend more time gawking at a cannon than looking at  the house then they can stay.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

There. Fixed it for you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There. Fixed it for you.

I'm no fan of Cuccinelli, but the guy came very close to winning the Governers Mansion.  And that was being outspent by a mile and effectively going dark at th end of the campaign.  You and I agree on Cooch personally but his problems stemmed from his inability to raise mone not a problem garnering the votes.  He won a State Senate seat in NOVA as well as the AGs race.

Now I hope he doesn't run againin 2017.  Of course, many will roundly complain about how Ed Gillespie is a bad nominee or not conservative enough and sit the race out or vote for Sarvis.  And that will be how we get Governer Northam.

The House, and Speaker Bill Howell, are who you can thank for the current firewall (66 GOP members) against anti-2A legislation in VA for a long time.  Certainly safe until the next census.  With re-districting after that, who knows...  That is why it is important that we vote for our GOP legislators, even if sometime we disagree (or even outright dislike.)

Link Posted: 12/11/2015 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I'm no fan of Cuccinelli, but the guy came very close to winning the Governers Mansion.  And that was being outspent by a mile and effectively going dark at th end of the campaign.  You and I agree on Cooch personally but his problems stemmed from his inability to raise mone not a problem garnering the votes.  He won a State Senate seat in NOVA as well as the AGs race.

Now I hope he doesn't run againin 2017.  Of course, many will roundly complain about how Ed Gillespie is a bad nominee or not conservative enough and sit the race out or vote for Sarvis.  And that will be how we get Governer Northam.  

The House, and Speaker Bill Howell, are who you can thank for the current firewall (66 GOP members) against anti-2A legislation in VA for a long time.  Certainly safe until the next census.  With re-districting after that, who knows...  That is why it is important that we vote for our GOP legislators, even if sometime we disagree (or even outright dislike.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There. Fixed it for you.

Gillespie is a GOPe hack, but he actually would have made a decent Senator, I believe, well far better than that piece of shit Warner. It gives me hope that Gillespie didn't run a very good campaign and barely lost to a very popular Warner. Maybe we can get rid of that cock gobbling Obama bastard Timmay.

Cooch had his faults, but he was far preferable to McAwful.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Please don't lump all transplants, even those from NY, with the cancerous lepers that are Progressive Democrats! With the Northeast overrun by mindless Obama-zombies, were are patriots supposed to go but south?  Not all of us Yankees are stupid enough to drag down the same mindset that caused us to want to move to begin with!  If I wanted gun bans, high taxes, and endless PC bullshit, I would just stay where I am.  But, after spending two years in VA during two deployments with the Army, VA seems like more of the kind of place I want to live in!
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Please don't lump all transplants, even those from NY, with the cancerous lepers that are Progressive Democrats! With the Northeast overrun by mindless Obama-zombies, were are patriots supposed to go but south?  Not all of us Yankees are stupid enough to drag down the same mindset that caused us to want to move to begin with!  If I wanted gun bans, high taxes, and endless PC bullshit, I would just stay where I am.  But, after spending two years in VA during two deployments with the Army, VA seems like more of the kind of place I want to live in!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What meal are grits most appropriately eaten at?
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 11:21:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Breakfast.  That question reminds me of the scene in the WWII movies, when they are trying to figure out if someone is Nazi spy, by asking him who won the 1938 World Series!  

I was born in NJ, and reared in CT.  But, believe me, I have no desire to change VA into anything like either of those places.  Thirty years ago, CT was a prosperous, politically balanced state, that was very friendly to gun owners.  Remember, almost EVERY single one of the original gun companies were based out of CT.  Colt, Remington, Marlin, Winchester, Mossberg, Ruger, Charter Arms, were all from here.   It has changed into the CA of the east coast (without the nice beaches and great weather): an over taxed, over regulated, anti-gun, welfare state.  I have no desire to see any other state suffer the same fate.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 1:23:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Breakfast.  That question reminds me of the scene in the WWII movies, when they are trying to figure out if someone is Nazi spy, by asking him who won the 1938 World Series!  

I was born in NJ, and reared in CT.  But, believe me, I have no desire to change VA into anything like either of those places.  Thirty years ago, CT was a prosperous, politically balanced state, that was very friendly to gun owners.  Remember, almost EVERY single one of the original gun companies were based out of CT.  Colt, Remington, Marlin, Winchester, Mossberg, Ruger, Charter Arms, were all from here.   It has changed into the CA of the east coast (without the nice beaches and great weather): an over taxed, over regulated, anti-gun, welfare state.  I have no desire to see any other state suffer the same fate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See you done messed it up right there!  Grits are any meal food!  It was a trick question, and you sir have not lived until you've had shrimp 'n' grits for dinner.

Welcome ya damn Yankee, you've got a lot to learn!
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 4:52:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trick question!  All of them!

ETA - should've kept reading.  Well, atleast you admitted it was a trick question!
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

See you done messed it up right there!  Grits are any meal food!  It was a trick question, and you sir have not lived until you've had shrimp 'n' grits for dinner.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, in all honesty, I would have gotten the baseball question wrong too!  But, that still doesn't make me a Nazi spy!

Believe me, I am not an expert in anything, let alone Southern cooking!

Having spent 32 years in uniform, I am quite aware that, if the old hands don't bust the new guy's stones, they don't like him.  So thank you for the warm welcome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top