Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2015 11:41:50 PM EDT
Just as it says, I'm going to throw a lift kit on my Jeep soon and apparently it's a really "easy, bolt-on process" - per the guy at Quadratec.  Coil Springs and shocks - 2.5", nothing overly complicated apparently.  Well, looks like it's going to cost me a small fortune to have it installed.

I'm not a car guy.  Period.  There is no way I can install this on my own and I don't really want to spend $400+ to install some springs and shocks that I already bought.

If there is someone out there that wouldn't mind helping me do it we can work out some type of payment - ammo, cash, etc.

Shoot me a PM or reply.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not rent a little time in the auto racks at one of the military bases?  I have a buddy that is not mechanical at all, but the service techs guide him in getting repairs/installs done; short of an overhaul he surprisingly gets a lot done and for very little cost.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#2]
OP, where in Va are you located? If you aren't close to me, I have a large network of Jeepers who could help. If not, I can walk you through the install as long as you have jack stands and a floor jack. Trust me, it's not that difficult. It seems rather daunting at first but it's a Jeep. There isn't much to it.
I'm assuming this is Jeep Wrangler? What year is it?
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a lift and the tools,  pm me and we can figure something out.  NoVa/Summit Point area.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:30:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  I'm near Quantico, and yeah it's a Wrangler (is there another Jeep?  I'm unfamilar.  )

I don't have ANY tools other than some Harbor Freight lights, screwdrivers, a miter saw, etc.  Panta_Rei - It's my daily driver and don't under estimate my ability to disassemble and reassemble things and have 6 parts left over.  

olivers_AR - I think we might have met a Bulldogs?  Or maybe Yukon Boy's?  Anyway, I think we've met.  I'll shoot you a PM.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#5]
all you need is a floor jack, jack stands, spring compressor and a basic ratchet set. those kits are very easy to install.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 7:25:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
all you need is a floor jack, jack stands, spring compressor and a basic ratchet set. those kits are very easy to install.
View Quote

I have everything except the spring compressor.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you can "rent" one from autozone. you pay a deposit and as long as you dont destroy it you get the money back.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
you can "rent" one from autozone. you pay a deposit and as long as you dont destroy it you get the money back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Harbor Freight has them for like $11. I just bought some 2 weeks ago to work on my wife's car. You don't really need them for what the OP is doing though. With the Jeep ON THE GROUND make 3 marks on your control arm bolt heads to at least get it back in the ballpark. Lift the Jeep by the frame and place the jack stands under it. Support the center of the front axle with a floor jack and break the upper and lower control arm bolts loose. Remove the sway bar links at the axle and the track bar through bolt at the axle. Let the suspension hang and place the jack under the passenger side of the axle to force the driver's side down. You should be able to get enough space to remove the spring or slide the puck in. Remove the spring of you can't get it in due to the bump stop. Reassemble without tightening anything and repeat for the opposite side. I'm sure there are dozens or more videos on YouTube that will show you how to do it in gory detail. Just remember to snug everything up after to put the pucks in, but suspension should be tightened with the Jeep on the ground and weight on the suspension. Also, your steering wheel will most likely be upside down, so either take it to an alignment shop or look up how to do your own alignment. It's really easy on a Jeep.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I will say, K2's jeep is pretty badass.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:48:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks guys.  I'm near Quantico, and yeah it's a Wrangler (is there another Jeep?  I'm unfamilar.  )

I don't have ANY tools other than some Harbor Freight lights, screwdrivers, a miter saw, etc.  Panta_Rei - It's my daily driver and don't under estimate my ability to disassemble and reassemble things and have 6 parts left over.  

olivers_AR - I think we might have met a Bulldogs?  Or maybe Yukon Boy's?  Anyway, I think we've met.  I'll shoot you a PM.
View Quote

Yes  we did meet at bulldogs and probably at Yukon boys as well.  I have spring compressor aslo.  Will send you a pm once i get back to VA tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you!

OP, I did everything to my Jeep on my garage floor with no help and no special tools. I didn't even have a worthy air compressor then, but if you still would like to try to get a helping hand, shoot me a PM and I'll see if any of my old Fredericksburg Jeep guys are still around.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thank you!

OP, I did everything to my Jeep on my garage floor with no help and no special tools. I didn't even have a worthy air compressor then, but if you still would like to try to get a helping hand, shoot me a PM and I'll see if any of my old Fredericksburg Jeep guys are still around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you!

Thanks - sorry for the late reply.  Been enjoying some fresh air.  It's all squared away now, I appreciate it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top