Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2015 4:35:15 PM EDT
Gunshow this weekend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the Expo center at Chantilly.

Placeholder for deal on Guns, Ammo and components, Jerkys and coins.

Is it time to stop showering and shave to fit in with the crowds yet?  

Who's going?
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#1]
First show with the new expanded building.
350 more tables of who knows what.
Might be interesting.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 1:19:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:15:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First show with the new expanded building.
350 more tables of who knows what.
Might be interesting.
View Quote

Hopefully not more junk vendors.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Hunting Friday and Saturday, hopefully there will be something to see on Sunday.

Damn, sounds like 3 good days.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Who's going?
View Quote

For sure.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 5:56:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I am going Saturday morning. I hope the extra 350 tables will be gun stuff as opposed to beef jerky, crappy knives, tazers, etc.

I'll be on the lookout for a good deal on a Ruger 77/357.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll be working it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll be by on Saturday.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll be working it.
View Quote

me too!
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Going Saturday first thing.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

me too!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll be working it.

me too!

Will you be at a booth?  If so which one? I'll be at the NRA Museum Booth.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm thinking of going.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am going Saturday morning. I hope the extra 350 tables will be gun stuff as opposed to beef jerky, crappy knives, tazers, etc.

I'll be on the lookout for a good deal on a Ruger 77/357.
View Quote

I haven't seen one at all the last few times I went.

However, if there are deals to be had, let us know.

-shooter
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#14]
May be looking for a deal on a 700 AAC-SD.  Remington with a nice $75 rebate right now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:12:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm going Saturday morning/early afternoon depending on when I can break free.  Will be trying to unload a 92FS and a CZ P01 that has become surplus to my needs...

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Any Friday night reports?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anybody see any quality AK 74's?
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 12:50:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was infuriating because everyone is in a different place now. Honestly, they added all that more space and then filled it up with booths of jewelery, jerky, ncstar optics, and various other junk accessories. All the usual dealers were there, prices were normal from what I saw (wasn't looking for anything specific).

The only reason to even go in the new section is to visit Quantico,
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Look up and wave at the FBI Cessna circling Chantilly.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Look up and wave at the FBI Cessna circling Chantilly.
View Quote

I suppose it is a good thing I drove a loaner car from the dealership then.

Overall, I wasn't very Impressed. The ratio of Junk Dealers to useful gun related stuff seems to be higher than ever. I did though find a deal on a factory CZ SP-01 Mag and on a case of small pistol primers.

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm here, gray Virginia atech sweatshirt and green 101st hat.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Other than a very nice chat with the QTS peeps, that show was a giant waste of time. I walked out $13 poorer and fighting off the start of a claustrophobia attack.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#23]
....for sure crowded...and Taylor's had very competitive show prices on if you like CAS or black powder....I got a new tumbler, but when i got home it did not work...so that sux.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Other than a very nice chat with the QTS peeps, that show was a giant waste of time. I walked out $13 poorer and fighting off the start of a claustrophobia attack.
View Quote

Sounds about right. Looks like I will save myself from wasting tomorrow sitting in traffic and trying to find a place to park.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#25]
I scored a complete SS DPMS 308 upper for $500.00 and grabbed some reloading components.

Overall a decent enough show I guess. I spent more today than I probably have in 20 years of going to shows.

This is definitely the closest I have come to purchasing an actual gun.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Went with a buddy and helped him spend his money on a few things he wanted. A gun, mags, and holsters. Got a few k primers and some powder at fair, not great, prices.

Went to QT first and probably could have called it a day then. They had everything my buddy needed.

Now there is jerky at both ends of the hall...

Guy selling pvc and wood target stands... ?? He did have ar500 hanging plates with a center "flipper" that were pretty neat.

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Things are getting crazy with the fire marshal and rules when it comes to gun powder.  The dealer to the right rear as you enter was forced to remove his powder because he had more than 20 pounds visible at one time.  Seems someone turned him in for having more than the allowed 20 pounds visible, he had a 8 pound can sitting out awaiting the return of person who wanted to buy it.  He got forced to take all his powder out of the building.  He also told me that most likely will be his last show there due to the problems.

About a year ago I spoke with a guy on the left wall who used to have powder and he told he the fire marshal had him remove his powder because there was no extinguisher close by.

Would be nice if the management of the place would get things worked out so more reloading suppliers were available and could sell their stuff.

My wife allowed me to buy her a early Christmas present.  She found a Walther P380 in pink, she is happy so of course that makes me happy.

Bill
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
May be looking for a deal on a 700 AAC-SD.  Remington with a nice $75 rebate right now.
View Quote

Just picked one up at Bullseye Guns in Leesburg for $700 with tax.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 9:49:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Looking for a new compact Glock, should swing by tomorrow I reckon
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Not this time.  Maybe next time.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Any QT show specials?  Lowers?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Sounds like I made the right decision to skip it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw that 50 West Armory has them for about the same price...still a bit higher than ordering online and paying a transfer locally.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Decent crowd.  I sold one of the three things I walked in the door with, so that's a moderately successful day in my book.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I saw that 50 West Armory has them for about the same price...still a bit higher than ordering online and paying a transfer locally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? I could only find them on gunbroker for like $680. Factor in $35 shipping and $25 transfer, and I made out. Anywhere else I looked was similar price or higher.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:56:05 AM EDT
[#37]
I went Sunday afternoon. I was a little shocked that parking was so bad and there were so many people still there at 2pm when I got there. I went about the same time last show and had no issues finding parking and the crowds were thinner. I checked out the new section first. It felt kind of strange in there, no idea why. I did see more gun dealers then I recall with several being ones I do not recall ever seeing before. There were also several more junk dealers. I thought it was proportional to what the ratio of gun stuff to junk had been before. I like QT but really did not see anything to get excited about at their tables. Maybe I missed it.

A couple other observations. The dealers I had not seen before seemed to have outrageous hand gun prices. I wonder how they sell anything with other dealers like Trader Jerrys there. The guy selling Gemtech ammo with the Gemtech sign, anybody know anything about him? That was all he was selling. When I first walked by I thought it was Gemtech at the show but then realized he did not appear to have any relationship to Gemtech even though it appeared he was trying to look like he was with Gemtech?  Saw three different dealers within a few minutes reporting to VSP people acting suspicious and trying to buy guns. First time I had seen this but I also have no idea what was "suspicious" about the people they were reporting.

I did pick up a new handgun that I had been looking for. So was happy by the time I left.

And for the dealers that want to add 3% credit card fees to sales without telling the buyer you are doing so .....you all can eat a big bowl of dicks. Luckily I realized the total was too high and asked before handing over my credit card. And to be clear, I have no issues with dealers that add the fee when they tell you from the get go they do so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top