Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2015 5:48:11 PM EDT
Trying to get some info.  Anyone been?  I want to go to a concert (unfortunately solo) so I want some info about the place and surrounding area before I go.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:49:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorrounding area is... 'diverse'.... we went there for an Aoki show.... tons of fun and was solicited by a gaggle of 40YO women for weed

park here at A and walk to Echostage. http://binged.it/1PvCHd7

Parking was $10 or $15 and littered with coughsyrup, redbull and various alcohol bottles... srs... the walk in was quiet and uneventfull...

The show was a fucking trip... lots of fun.... my bro and I were sexually assaulted and solicited for Molly in the club... she was thrown out mid show.... funny story, the bouncer asks people in our area if there is a problem.... everyone starts pointing to her to the beat of the music.... toplol...

Be prepared for a good pat down, no toys, no dranks.

Be prepared to touch/be touched the place gets fucking PACKED. If you're upclose be prepeared to fight for your spot...push or be pushed... but nicely though

Aoki let out around 2 or 3AM... and the party had already started outside... lots of shouting at girls, goofing around etc etc...

If you're a white boy for suburbia you will feel way out of place outside the club, keep calm and have fun. Most of the EDM crowd inside the club are good people.

Its even better if you bring a PYT... me on the right, bro on the left... wifey in the middle.... bro and I teamed up with some other guys in our area to make a wall and give our wiminz some room

ETA oh and they give out free water... ice cold... its great
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:46:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Which concert are you going to? I might head there this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome info!  I really appreciate it.  I'm going to see Kid Cudi in December.  He draws a strange crowd - I have no idea how I'll fit in (a scruffy bearded, tattoo covered, middle aged white guy).

I asked my wife to go and she gave me that face with a "ummm, no.... .... oh wait, seriously?!?  Yeah, no." kind of attitude.  I've dragged her to Poison, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Def Leopard, Van Halen, Jimmy Buffet, Linkin Park... and I can't even begin to remember them all.  But as you can see, she wouldn't be up for a Kid Cudi concert.

I went solo to see Tech N9ne recently as well.  That was an unreal show, and it was a good demographic since for some reason he attracted a crowd of 28-38 yr old women.  

As an aside, if you aren't familiar with him, I'd highly recommend listening to Fragile, Riot Maker, Night and Day, and Burn it Down to get an idea.

(And you have a very cute wife )

EDIT: jkm0405 - Kid Cudi.  Just missed your post.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#4]
yeahhhhhh Cudi should be interdasting... prepare for a contact high... lol there was some at AOKI

and thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:25:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yeahhhhhh Cudi should be interdasting... prepare for a contact high... lol there was some at AOKI

and thanks
View Quote

Yeah, I'll need to keep just out of range to keep my clearance.  LOL
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and thanks

first thing I did when I got back at work...

Me: I had fun... smelled pot... didnt get hight though

PerSec:

Me: I know... I just gotta be able to sleep at night
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

PerSec:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkcnxfd0ng1qdlkgg.gif

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and thanks

PerSec:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkcnxfd0ng1qdlkgg.gif

Haha - yeah, I hear ya.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I was there back in the early summer for a Morrissey concert,
had to park, (used parking panda to get a spot, bought at the same time I bought the tickets) a few blocks away, but it was a  no hassle walk,  

nice club, bigger than 930,

long line to get in, moved quickly tho,
pat down,  and saw them checking purses etc,

good beer selection inside, and good staff at the bars,

enjoy
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:58:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Just got an email yesterday about the Cudi concert, seriously thinking about going.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just got an email yesterday about the Cudi concert, seriously thinking about going.
View Quote

Give me a shout if you go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top