Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2015 12:12:47 PM EDT

Hello VAHTF!

I'm hosting Dr. William Aprill of Aprill Risk Consulting for an iteration of "Unthinkable" 10-11 September.   William is a criminal psychologist that used to be a cop.  His lecture on how those bastards think is as chilling as it is fascinating.  

Anyway, this iteration of Unthinkable will be based on the "high threat" environment and those associated skills

The Psychology of Violent Criminals and How They Choose Their Victims    

Advanced Handgun Shooting Techniques.   We're going to do a lot of "hit at distance" work.   (Students will require 800 rounds of ammunition for this class.)

AK-47 Pick Up Drills (Rifles and ammunition provided.  Students are welcome to bring their own.)

Stop the Bleeding (Application of tourniquets, bandages and hemostatic agents)

Terrorist Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Multiple moving targets

Response to bombings

Multiple scenarios

Cost is $450.  Register at https://fpftraining.myshopify.com/products/unthinkable-09-10-2016-09-11-2016 or email [email protected] for details.

I'm also hosting Greg Elliftiz (AGAIN!) for his Extreme Close Quarter Gunfighting and Collapse Medicine class in October.  The first three hours or so of that class is dedicated to way to stop massive bleeding.  I think we can all see the utility in that.

See you on the range!

John

APRIL UPDATE

Regarding training opportunities, I'm hosting Spencer Keepers for a one day appendix inside the waist band holster class on 14 August.  He's both an excellent shoot AND the manufacturer of an excellent AIWB holster.  Here's the scoop:

AIWB: What it is. What it isn't. How to get the most out of it safely.

This will be an 8 hour live-fire and dry-fire class that will dive deep into how to get the most out of carrying AIWB.

Topics:
• Safety
• Holster and gun selection
• How to wear the holster
• Clothing concerns
• How to safely reholster (make sure the operator is safe)
• Efficient and fast draw stroke
• Retention draw stroke
• Dominant hand only draws
• Seated draw stroke
• Supine draw stroke
• Non Dominant hand only draws
• Dominant hand only reloads
• Non Dominant hand only reloads

Students will need:
Range gear, Ear and Eye protection
AIWB holster and OWB strong side holster ( IF you cannot demonstrate safe re-holstering you will be asked to use a OWB strong side holster)
Reliable semi auto handgun
350 rounds of ammo
3 spare mags and one mag pouch
Drinks
Chair, sun screen, etc.

More info and registration here:  AIWB Course Registration.

Here's a review of my "Concealed Carry: Street Encounter Skills" course.  This really is the most important and...different...class that I teach.  Street Encounter Skills Review

Finally, I'm hosting Greg Ellifritz of Active Response Training....again...in October.  Greg really is the most broad spectrum, high utility instructor working today.  29 October is his "Extreme Close Quarter Gunfighting" course, and Sunday he presents his signature "Tactical Casualty Care and Collapse Medicine" course.  (If you're only going to take one course this year, make it the med course, then spend a few bucks on a tourniquet and pressure dressings.)  Details here:  Greg Ellifritz

www.fpftraining.com

See you on the range!

John
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 8:49:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The first "real" training class I ever took (beyond NRA basic classes) was LFI-I, which is a 40 hour version of this that includes a range component. I'm glad I did that before I did any high speed ninja classes.

Despite the more recent emphasis on run-n-gun and Tier 1 operator courses with shoulder weapons, the kind of training that Ayoob offers is actually much more useful for most people, in the real world.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Definitely going to this.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#3]
As DB pointed out, this training is very relevant. Mas puts on a helluva show, too.

Be sure to bring a pillow to sit on, since you'll be in a chair for two days straight.  (Ask me how I know....)
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Definitely going to this.
View Quote

10-4
I'll be squeezing buffalo poop outta nickels to pay for it... but I'm in.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Trying to swap my shift with someone. Definitely on my list of classes to take.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#6]
On a drill weekend. Sonofabitch.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:56:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm hoping my schedule is open as I've been waiting to attend a class from Mas.  Thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
One month bump!

Class is now half full.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Update bump!

Oh, there's only eight seats left in the Ayoob course.

Thanks!

John

PS-(If you only take one class this year, make it Greg's 1st aid class.  Get a GOOD kit or three, and keep them handy.  The ability to stop massive bleeding is a skill that has applicability across our entire lives, not just the range.)
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Over a month bump!
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 10:59:53 PM EDT
[#12]
One month bump!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#13]
One month bump!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Also planning on hitting the RangeMaster instructor course.  Can't wait!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Also planning on hitting the RangeMaster instructor course.  Can't wait!
View Quote

Tom puts on a helluva show!
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Past one month bump!
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 3:20:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think recent events have shown that FPF's "Unthinkable" class is pretty damned relevant, folks.
View Quote

Yes. Except for that pesky gun-free zones thing. And sometimes you have to go into those - what a choice to have to make.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes. Except for that pesky gun-free zones thing. And sometimes you have to go into those - what a choice to have to make.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think recent events have shown that FPF's "Unthinkable" class is pretty damned relevant, folks.

I'll be adding a "Non-Permissive Environment" block to the course to cover just that contingency.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I really enjoy FPF Training classes and I've enjoyed training with 1911sforever for nearly 15 years now. Wish I could make this course.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top