Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2015 9:15:54 AM EDT
And no, I don't mean for President. Opportunities nearer at hand.

It's been very quite here in fairfax county. Almost no signs. No commercials. Odd considering the number of seats up.

For my part, Wolf for sheriff and will focus on board of supervisors and school board.

What is going on in your neck of the woods?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:30:52 PM EDT
[#1]
There's one down near Richmond as well. Make sure to vote!

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:25:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Alexandria City.

If there were ever such a thing as wasted votes... elections in the city of Alexandria would likely top the list.

(Yeah, yeah... CA, NY, MA... I get it.  But these wasted votes are mine!)
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL....There is a woman in my AO running for county supervisor named Dee Schools.

I have a mind to ask here how much money should go to dee schools man.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I can tell you Culpeper is the most corrupt local gov I've witnessed after living in nearly 20 communities.  Our BOS Chairman has only tabled a 6PM noise curfew of 65DB countywide until he researches another case to back his push.  This guy was also unseated as Chair of the Culpeper Republican Committee b/c he had a bunch of Dems skewing the primary.  Additionally he's Cantor's monkey, but hey he says he pro 2A , even though he's a firearms dipshit ( I took him shooting once).  I hope we wise up to politicians claiming to be pro gun, or perhaps are but still suck.

My greatest inspiration is our CA, Megan Frederick, a tough lil lady.  She has broken up an under the table luncheon plea deal system that her predecessor ran and made easy $ on, and has refused cases from a certain investigator that doesn't follow protocols, and has stood up to our corrupt Sheriff.  I hope we clean house this year.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can tell you Culpeper is the most corrupt local gov I've witnessed after living in nearly 20 communities.  Our BOS Chairman has only tabled a 6PM noise curfew of 65DB countywide until he researches another case to back his push.  This guy was also unseated as Chair of the Culpeper Republican Committee b/c he had a bunch of Dems skewing the primary.  Additionally he's Cantor's monkey, but hey he says he pro 2A , even though he's a firearms dipshit ( I took him shooting once).  I hope we wise up to politicians claiming to be pro gun, or perhaps are but still suck.

My greatest inspiration is our CA, Megan Frederick, a tough lil lady.  She has broken up an under the table luncheon plea deal system that her predecessor ran and made easy $ on, and has refused cases from a certain investigator that doesn't follow protocols, and has stood up to our corrupt Sheriff.  I hope we clean house this year.  

View Quote

I know of at least one Culpeper BoS member that is pro 2A.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's one that truly is......I think she bears your name
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't despair. We got a former republican running as an independent elected in Arlington. We're trying to get another one elected as well.

Tell all of your neighbors who to vote for. Come up with a few simple issues and keep pushing them.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Here in Fluvanna the ones you hear about are for sheriff and court clerk, both of which I believe shouldn't even be elected positions.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, I have a nice vacant townhouse you could use to establish residency in FFX county so that your better half can run against Sharon Bulova. We can barter FFL Xfers for rent.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 4:30:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Don't despair. We got a former republican running as an independent elected in Arlington. We're trying to get another one elected as well.
View Quote

Do tell ...

Any worthy of those listed below?  (A PM would be fine, as a public announcement might be damning ... Here in the People's Republik, wanna-be political commissars read and report on such matters to the respective Blockwart ... err ... neighborhood organizer.)

And my disgust at Ebbin's politics is such that I'm tempted to cast my vote for James R. Fisher, unencumbered by any knowledge about Fischer except that he might be a gay-activist.   Any opinions about/links to Fisher's 2A stance would be welcome.  (Ebbin is an implacable foe of lawful gun ownership, like many in Arlington.  It's a shame they worry so little about criminals.)

Link Posted: 10/21/2015 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not so cynical to think that a suppressor distributor (for the record you're a great company) and your namesake would conspire on an unconstitutional noise ordnance, just ironic.   How does such a pro gun and reputed person explain this mess?  

Rural County Noise

Link Posted: 10/21/2015 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm not so cynical to think that a suppressor distributor (for the record you're a great company) and your namesake would conspire on an unconstitutional noise ordnance, just ironic.   How does such a pro gun and reputed person explain this mess?  

Rural County Noise
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rural County Noise

The irony is not lost on me.  

Here's the scoop.  Several citizens contacted the BoS to resolve noise related issues.  Obviously, there is no easy way to address that.  The BoS acted in good faith, albeit misguided, to resolve a perceived problem and help their constituents.  Luckily, the legislative process worked and we don't have some silly noise ordinance.  If I'm not mistaken, firearm use was exempt from the proposed ordinance.  If the county attorney had done any kind of research, this wouldn't even be a question now.

The current code is indeed unenforceable but will likely remain on the books until challenged in court.  I honestly don't think anyone has actually been charged under the code section.

What is the Va Supreme Court case?  Would be good to have a cite to provide to the current county attorney.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Here's the scoop.  Several citizens contacted the BoS to resolve noise related issues.  Obviously, there is no easy way to address that.  The BoS acted in good faith, albeit misguided, to resolve a perceived problem and help their constituents.  Luckily, the legislative process worked and we don't have some silly noise ordinance.  If I'm not mistaken, firearm use was exempt from the proposed ordinance.  If the county attorney had done any kind of research, this wouldn't even be a question now.

The current code is indeed unenforceable but will likely remain on the books until challenged in court.  I honestly don't think anyone has actually been charged under the code section.

What is the Va Supreme Court case?  Would be good to have a cite to provide to the current county attorney.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rural County Noise

Tanner v. City of Virginia Beach, 277 Va. 432 (2009), looks like a good place to start. The Court held that the noise ordinance in question was unconstitutionally vague.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Edit after more research.

The Culpeper noise ordinance has been on the books since at least the early 90s.  What the BoS was looking to change:

- allowing residents to directly report to the magistrate
- increase the penalty from Class 4 to Class 2 misdemeanor with increased monetary fines
- change the enforcement times

Reviewing the current code (Chapter 10A, Article 2), I can see why the attorney didn't think it is unconstitutional.  In Tanner v. VA Beach, the code was found vague.  In the Culpeper code, it actually calls out maximum db levels at specific distances.  Just looking at the db levels, the sound would have to be very loud to be exceeded and I doubt the Sheriff's Radio Shack db meter would be accurate enough to capture at those levels.  

However, in Sec. 10A-23 Prohibitions generally, there are some a acts that are vague and subjective I think.

I'll have to break out my meter and take some random measurements this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Saw an ad from Everytown for Gun safety last night hitting the Republican in my district.  They didn't attack the local libertarian candidate who did return the VDCL survey if that says anything.  If you don't want Maryland or New York style laws being passed in the Senate then you had better be voting for Republicans.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Early voting is going on now.  I voted last night.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Saw an ad from Everytown for Gun safety last night hitting the Republican in my district.  They didn't attack the local libertarian candidate who did return the VDCL survey if that says anything.  If you don't want Maryland or New York style laws being passed in the Senate then you had better be voting for Republicans.
View Quote

Bloomturd just dumped $700K into a negative ad buy against Glen Sturtevant, who is the R running for Senate 10 (Chesterfield). That's almost as much money as Sturtevant has spent on his entire campaign.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 8:46:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Yep, if we Virginians lose gun rights, it will be to Liberal infection of the state and Bloomberg spending his billions here. That faggot hates Va with a passion.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 9:41:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rural County Noise

Thanks for the response.  My understanding is there is some realtor influence for this push, but who knows.  I know you are a stand up guy and we share a commonality here.....the Chairman that I blasted earlier is a relative ( and I hardly have any kin here) and he was also one of the BOS exempting firearms, which boggles my mind further.  This just further proves, whether it's blood or firearms...we need to look at the whole picture before casting votes.  I've seen too many good people get elected and overtime their priorities and rationale changes.....especially in Culpeper.

Link Posted: 10/22/2015 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yep, if we Virginians lose gun rights, it will be to Liberal infection of the state and Bloomberg spending his billions here. That faggot hates Va with a passion.
View Quote

This week was a real wake up how vulnerable the Commonwealth is.  Not much has been said but rural Amherst County is pushing shooting restrictions county-wide.  The BOS is squirming and decided to delay release  of a draft proposal at Tuesday's hearing b/c the VCDL and jam packed room of 2A folks opposed this push.  However, my follow up email responses suggest that the BOS despite some members siding with my concern are still going to push forward.  Stay tuned; if this can advance in Amherst, with as much opposition as we are giving them, then it can happen anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 6:46:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Alexandria City.

If there were ever such a thing as wasted votes... elections in the city of Alexandria would likely top the list.

(Yeah, yeah... CA, NY, MA... I get it.  But these wasted votes are mine!)
View Quote

I live in Portsmouth, you are telling Noah about the flood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top