Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2015 8:10:14 AM EDT
That time again.

I'll be there all three days.

It is going to be a rainy, windy weekend. What else are you going to do?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup I think it's going to be a crowded show with the crappy weather.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#3]
It's gonna be a show.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm done with those shows until someone can report back something other than fudge, beef jerky, stun guns, Nazi stuff, over-priced ammo, KSG's for $250 over MSRP, and people that haven't showered in 2 days.

What's it been?  Three, four years?  It's too far to drive to waste $13 to walk elbow to asshole with a bunch of (mostly) unfriendly people.  About half the vendors are good people, though.

Capitalism and all that...
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We are looking forward to a crowded weekend gonna be agreat show, stop by and check our booth out.
View Quote

Any deals that will motivate me to pay $13...and potentially push aside bed-wetting protesters?  
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 11:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be swinging through tomorrow.  Wondering how much lowers will be.  Might also look for some cheap .40
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Any deals that will motivate me to pay $13...and potentially push aside bed-wetting protesters?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We are looking forward to a crowded weekend gonna be agreat show, stop by and check our booth out.

That's a value in and of itself...

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm ready..

Haven't shaved and showered in a week in preparation.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:55:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll be there later today, probably Sat afternoon, and Sun afternoon, with IPS as usual.  I think it's going to be a VERY busy show.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm done with those shows until someone can report back something other than fudge, beef jerky, stun guns, Nazi stuff, over-priced ammo, KSG's for $250 over MSRP, and people that haven't showered in 2 days.

What's it been?  Three, four years?  It's too far to drive to waste $13 to walk elbow to asshole with a bunch of (mostly) unfriendly people.  About half the vendors are good people, though.

Capitalism and all that...
View Quote

I dont get that vibe at all when I go. Honestly, the shows this year havent been that crowded. I usually go fridays after work, since I work in the Dulles area. That may be why its not as crowded as say a saturday. I dont go with the expectation to buy cases of ammo (I have SGammo for that). Handguns, AR components and ammo cans can all be had for the same price as online retailiers. Im ok with paying the 13 bucks to get in, to get some instant gratification.

ETA- The guys at Quantico are great, the shows worth going to just for there booth.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:17:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be walking around Saturday trying to sell my Stag 3T-M with optics.

Say Hi! if you see me. . . .

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Been thinking about going for a pair of those custom molded ear plugs they usually do there. Anyone have any experience with them or know the name of the company doing them?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#13]
About every third or fourth show I forget all the of the recent years lessons on why not to go:

1. It is crowded, and I don't like people.
2. I don't like having guns pointed at me even when "it isn't loaded" - by stupid people.
3. It has been a long time since I found a deal good enough to offset the $13 price of admission - and I live about 3 miles away.
4. The parking situation has been nearly insufferable most of the time since the Wal-mart opened.
5. When I happen to get a pass out of the house, I would rather use it for actual shooting.

Every once in awhile Quantico or somebody will advertise a show promo that almost gets me to go. Once, a few years ago I needed a Garand part that I liked the odds of finding at the show, and I did. But when you factor in the admission it cost me almost double what it would have cost online somewhere.

If I had a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket then maybe I would go find a new toy, but I don't really shop that way anymore either.

-shooter
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#14]
If anyone that is going happens to notice a Mossberg MVP Scout .308, I'd appreciate a heads up by posting here or a PM.
I'm not even sure if they're actually available yet.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#15]
ugh.... all those guys crammed in all humid and wet...
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Been thinking about going for a pair of those custom molded ear plugs they usually do there. Anyone have any experience with them or know the name of the company doing them?
View Quote

I have two pairs. The cords keep coming out as it pulls on stuff around my neck. My next set I'll say no string.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I went. First time in probably 5 years.

Not too crowded. Got there about 330.

The two reloading booths were steady busy

Ammo prices were average. About the same as online plus s&h so ok I guess.

The 80% lower guy was there. Probably really pushing things with an AR and a solvent trap adapter with a monster filter attached.

Kydex holster guys were busy. $40 for one. $20 per thereafter.

The ear plug last was there. The fudge guy was there.

Didn't see many gun transactions but there was some dealing. Mostly accessories and crap. Cased ammo wasn't moving fast either.

Ammo cans $12

Saw two bakelite AK mags for $65 each. SCARs for $2450ish CZ scorpions and brens. Tons of .22lr clone guns.

Pretty much every make and model was there somewhere.

I bought a case of 7.62x39 for $233 and some AK mags for $13.

Some smelly, grungy, trampy mom's basement types. More women than I expected.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:50:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got a set years ago in Denver. Love 'em.

Clean your ears out first to be kind.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:53:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm looking for an HK VP9 and Sig P320 to get a feel for and possibly bring home. Any dealers have those at the show?  What are they selling for?  
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#22]
If I'm looking for a Nazi helmet and some beef jerky, will I be disappointed?

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

And while you enjoy your jerky, would you like to be serenaded with the soothing sound of taser snaps?  If so, you will not be disappointed.

Many of the same vendors.  Plenty of folks selling powder.  Fairly crowded.  

Wasn't really looking for anything in particular, so I was not disappointed.   Moved through pretty fast since I was with someone who had to be somewhere.  The only money I dropped besides the entry fee was what I put in the VCDL donation jar.

Quoted:
Gun show report?

As I said, I was moving quickly, but did I see the QT show special correctly - 5 PMAGs for $55?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:52:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Don't know, I am in NC...That is why I asked for the gunshow report.  I miss going to the Chantilly show.  

As for the 5 for $55 Special, I think they are out of MAG571s, so they are probably running the special on Windowed mags.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I said, I was moving quickly, but did I see the QT show special correctly - 5 PMAGs for $55?

Don't know, I am in NC...That is why I asked for the gunshow report.  I miss going to the Chantilly show.  

As for the 5 for $55 Special, I think they are out of MAG571s, so they are probably running the special on Windowed mags.

Correct. It was 5 for 55$ windowed pmags. Only had FDE though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:50:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, that explains it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:15:49 AM EDT
[#27]
B3 Armament was selling a VP9 LE model for $725. Pmags (Gen 2) were 10 for $100.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Decent prices on 223, 9mm & 45acp. 22lr was all overpriced.  

Lots of 50cal ammo cans for sale @12

For most part guns were over priced.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Was it me or was there even more junk dealers than the last show?

Seemed like the number of hand guns available was down. Did see a SIG P6 that seemed to be in decent shape. Price was very reasonable but no interest in this model. Did find a P227 carry SAS for a decent price. Almost got it but could not justify to myself yet the $150 higher price for the SAS than what I can get the regular model 227 carry model for. Asked the dealer if his list price was the lowest he could go, he said it was, so I walked away from it.

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Did you hear the advertisement that by the next show there will be a new building for more vendors.  Going to be interesting to see what kind of vendors are brought in to fill up the new building.  I believe they said there will be 1,500 table available between the buildings.  

Bill
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Did you hear the advertisement that by the next show there will be a new building for more vendors.  Going to be interesting to see what kind of vendors are brought in to fill up the new building.  I believe they said there will be 1,500 table available between the buildings.  

Bill

View Quote

What new building?  The only other one was where the Walmart is now located.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#32]
There was a voice announcement during the show about expanding.  I asked one of the vendors and they said next door where there used to be a dirt parking lot is where a new building/expansion was going up.

Bill
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#33]
I hope they add a parking garage.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#34]
It is already done. At least the building is. They just expanded the one side of the building out and redid the main entrance. I did not think it was that big of an expansion over all but I am sure it boosted the square footage nicely.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Isn't that where most of the vendors park their trailers and trucks?  Without that space, parking will become even worse.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:36:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Isn't that where most of the vendors park their trailers and trucks?  Without that space, parking will become even worse.  
View Quote

Already has been the past three shows at least. The venders have been parking on the side between the wal-mart. I love the guys that park large trucks taking up four parking spaces. Even better the ones with the RVs that park side ways taking up like 6 to 8 spaces.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
B3 Armament was selling a VP9 LE model for $725. Pmags (Gen 2) were 10 for $100.
View Quote

Bernie is super guy to deal with if you ever need anything NFA. He also cheerfully does transfers of title 1.and title 2 firearms for very reasonable fees.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#38]
The extension is supposed to add either 200 or 250 more tables - I heard both numbers used there.  While I'm happy for more tables, it's going to make the parking situation an absolute disaster.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Seemed like the number of hand guns available was down. Did see a SIG P6 that seemed to be in decent shape. Price was very reasonable but no interest in this model. Did find a P227 carry SAS for a decent price. Almost got it but could not justify to myself yet the $150 higher price for the SAS than what I can get the regular model 227 carry model for. Asked the dealer if his list price was the lowest he could go, he said it was, so I walked away from it.

View Quote

IMHO - The loss of Dark Sun (and at least one other biggish dealer) as a show draw and price stabilizer has hurt the NGS. That and the slump in new gun sales which has caused dealers to push old inventory, used guns and consignment pieces rather than buying large quantities of new guns and hoping they sell.

The 300 table expansion may be a show killer if the promoters can't fill those tables with serious dealers selling desireable guns at at least a half-way decent pricing.

If the show takes on a flea-market atmosphere, it is doomed.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:17:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

IMHO - The loss of Dark Sun (and at least one other biggish dealer) as a show draw and price stabilizer has hurt the NGS. That and the slump in new gun sales which has caused dealers to push old inventory, used guns and consignment pieces rather than buying large quantities of new guns and hoping they sell.

The 300 table expansion may be a show killer if the promoters can't fill those tables with serious dealers selling desireable guns at at least a half-way decent pricing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if they plan to raise the entry price? They may use the "larger show" as an excuse to justify a price increase? If this happens then I think the show will be doomed as well. Only reason I still go to almost every show is because I live so close and I find it entertaining at times. Raise the price any higher and I think I am done going.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:19:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I wonder if they plan to raise the entry price? They may use the "larger show" as an excuse to justify a price increase? If this happens then I think the show will be doomed as well. Only reason I still go to almost every show is because I live so close and I find it entertaining at times. Raise the price any higher and I think I am done going.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto.  $13 is already ridiculous.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top