Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2015 12:30:24 PM EDT

Good afternoon Va.

I just got a notice in my email for an online petition sponsored by Del. Patrick Hope.  He now soliciting help from Change.org in order to institute change in your state.  I am not familiar with Va voting, and how laws are passed in your state, but I am sure people with opinions from outside Va. are not really valid.

Maybe one you that live in his district should start a petition asking him to step down, since he is no more than a internet troll, and less of a politician.

https://www.change.org/p/terry-mcauliffe-virginia-state-house-institute-a-comprehensive-background-check-for-all-gun-purchases-in-virginia?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=379196&alert_id=euqHaVPZZj_16r39LCECSSdp%2BlDrJQdj48Tem9VAdUuKeMdRqOY3D4%3D

Like many, I was shocked and deeply saddened to see the recent
footage of the shooting of reporter Alison Parker and cameraman Adam
Ward in Moneta, Virginia. As a member of the Virginia House of
Delegates, I’ve seen gun control bills fail time and again in the state
legislature, blocked by the power of the gun lobby.

That ends now. We need to put our politics aside and finally
institute a comprehensive background check for all gun purchases in
Virginia, to stop the next tragedy before it happens.

Currently, Virginia has no law requiring a background check on the purchaser of a firearm when the seller is not a licensed dealer.
That means that thousands of guns can be bought and sold without
background checks by unlicensed dealers at gun shows and other events.
The "gun show loophole” is a clear ploy to avoid taking common-sense
precautions that can, and do, save lives.

Without universal background check for gun purchases, many people can
circumvent the law and easily access a gun -- giving them the
opportunity to take away a life in seconds. The great people of Virginia
have persevered through the Virginia Tech tragedy in 2007, but we as
elected officials haven’t done enough to do better for them since then.
We must get this right.

Recent polling shows that more than 92 percent of voters in
Virginia agree that background checks at gun shows are a good idea, but a
small, vocal minority keeps them from becoming law.
Governor
McAuliffe is once again calling for the passage of this law in the wake
of the tragedy. I know we can make a real, life-saving change if we work
together right now to make our voices heard -- here in Virginia and
across the country.

Please sign my petition calling on my colleagues in the
Virginia General Assembly to finally pass a background check law that
keeps guns out of the hands of potential criminals.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You have to ask yourself, if 90+% of any voting block wanted something done, why isn't it done?

It's because the poll is bullshit and a lie.  It's all in how you ask the questions and count your numbers.

(And fuck this guy and his poll.  As a Virginian, I'm sorry he troubled you.)
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#2]
He can hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first.

Va legislature is Red, narrowly in the Senate and a fairly large majority in the house. The governorship is a weak position. McDouchenozzle only won do to Bloomberg/Klanton money and retards fearing Cooch was going to ban the blow jobs.

Nobody other than complete retards likes that carpetbagging fuckstain.

To the best of my knowledge, Va does not have ballot initiatives, so unless Bloomberg buys off a shit ton of pro gun republicans, nothing will happen in Va for the time being. The NOVA cancer will eventually completely spread through our great state and we will lose her, but it's quite a ways off.

Plus the VCDL enjoys smacking anti gun politicians around and I enjoy watching it.

Thank you for the heads up though.

Edit:

Emailed the link to the VCDL, while I'm sure they are aware of it, you just never know.

Edit 2:

Looking at the comments, it is populated by a ton of non Va residents.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#3]
This will go nowhere.

And the asshole PASSED his background check.

Typical kneejerk bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This will go nowhere.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This will go nowhere.

dirtbag bought gun and passed bkground check

also Clinton puppet McAwful just sent this crap out:

Friend--

Tragedy stuck at home this week when two young journalists were shot and killed and a local business leader was injured on live television in Roanoke.

All Virginians are heartbroken and our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who had their loved ones ripped away from them in this senseless act.

Unfortunately, this terrifying moment was a stark and painful reminder of our nation's problem with gun violence.

Governor Terry McAuliffe is working to enact commonsense reforms to expand background checks and keep guns out of the hands of people who would use them to harm our loved ones.

But if we want these reforms to happen, we need to come together to tell all Virginia politicians that we won't wait any longer. We can't rest until we do all we can to prevent gun violence like the tragedy that struck down two young journalists.

Add your name today to tell Virginia politicians that we cannot wait any longer. It's time to enact commonsense reforms to curb gun violence.

Terry is a hunter and a gun owner, but that hasn't stopped him from facing criticism from far right extremists for speaking out on this issue.

Enacting policies to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people isn't a political issue. It's a commonsense issue.

But for it to happen, we have to come together and say "no more."

Please, add your name to our petition today to tell Virginia politicians that it's time to enact reforms to stop gun violence.

Every victim of gun violence deserves action. Thank you for helping make sure they get it.

Team Common Good

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:11:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, that's the joke.

So did the VT shooter. So did nearly all high profile shooters lately, other than Adam Lanza, though I think if pressed, all but the most ardent gun-grabbers would admit that you can't do much about someone who's willing to murder his own mother to steal her guns and go shoot children.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:38:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's the joke.

So did the VT shooter. So did nearly all high profile shooters lately, other than Adam Lanza, though I think if pressed, all but the most ardent gun-grabbers would admit that you can't do much about someone who's willing to murder his own mother to steal her guns and go shoot children.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that's the joke.

That's cuz when this doesn't work, "common sense registration" will be next so we know who has them followed by confiscation, or blanket diagnoses that gun owners have mental problems and are a danger to themselves and/or society. We all know disarmament is the end state, they just lack the sack to admit it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top