Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2015 9:43:46 PM EDT
Here's a link ... the price ($9.99 per can) was indeed valid "today" (Saturday, the day before yesterday) only ... which meant until midnight in the Midwest, i.e., 2400 Central Daylight Time, 22. August 2015.  Now the price is back to around $16 per can delivered:

$10 per can, $12+ for UPS Ground shipping (NoVa)

Rural King has proven to be a good supplier in the past, and the reviews of the cans seem spot on ... so I ordered five.  Total price :: $62.10.

<Updated 31. August with brief review and pictures.>
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks to be changed, $35 shipped for 2 to tidewater

ETA: looks like today was last night, and not today.. should have looked at the time
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Damnit.

You cost me money.

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#3]
would have been a good price, none the less thanks op
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Jury's still out on this one ... but the signs are good.  Ordered 'em Saturday night, 24. August.  The cans were packed, ready for shipment, and I got the tracking info on Sunday.  Now it's Monday night, the tracking info is 'live,' and it predicts delivery on Wednesday:

While I'm sure the price was decent (although not like the 'good ole dayz'), I suspect there are cheaper ammo cans to be had.  But this easy?  There is a certain value to buying 30 lbs. worth of ammo cans late on a Saturday night, sloppily dressed while at home, and having them show up on the doorstep several days later.  No fuss.  No muss.

If the quality lives up to the stories on the website (I'll update after they arrive), this could turn out to have been a winner.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:10:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope to know about it the next time they are on sale... I could use a few more.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, here's the review.

They are indeed as advertised.  Mil-Spec Ammo Cans with no markings. Brand spanking new.

Here's what the box looked like:

While the padding on the top of the ammo boxes was sufficient, there was open space in the box ... as shown in the bottom portion of the picture.  No visible damage, so I can't necessarily find fault:

Here's one of the ammo cans pulled from the rest.  There was little wiggle-room between the cans.

Here's what it looked like with the bubble-wrap removed:

Another aspect of the same ammo-can; the gasket appears to be new:

And here's a close-up of a front corner:

I'm satisfied with this purchase.  No fuss, no muss ... and it matched (or exceeded) my expectations.  As a previous purchaser, I'm on their mail-list.  It seems like I get at least one message per day, most of which go right into the trash.  

The ad for these was definitely 'wheat in the chaff' ... leastwise for me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmm, any codes for that site?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:19:57 PM EDT
[#8]
If you are in the Fredericksburg /Stafford area. Fredericksburg craigslist has ammo cans for $9-10 each (2 different ads).I believe the guys pick them up at the Quantico range & sell them.You can find MREs there also $55.00 but they will deal if you buy a few cases.AND no it's not me or my buddies selling them. FYI .
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:50:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you are in the Fredericksburg /Stafford area. Fredericksburg craigslist has ammo cans for $9-10 each (2 different ads).I believe the guys pick them up at the Quantico range & sell them.You can find MREs there also $55.00 but they will deal if you buy a few cases.AND no it's not me or my buddies selling them. FYI .
View Quote
Have you ever been on quanticoyardsales.com? Before they did away with firearms, I picked up a few nice pistols and rifles for CHEAP when deployments came around. They usually have ammo cans and surplus/uniform items for cheap.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#10]

I ordered six.  They got to me quick and look/work great jet like in the pictures above.

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Good find! Selling for $13 as of today...still a good price considering they are new (I usually see them for $20 or so in stores).

Don't forget about surplus US made cans as well - you can get them for around the same price as local gun shows, surplus stores and online (if you look in the right places). I buy them by the pallet load for my cigar humidors. Can't beat a support products made in the USA and giving surplus cans a new lease on life.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I still can't believe how expensive these things have gotten. I used to balk if they were over $3 at the gunshows.
View Quote

Yep, people used to practically give them away!

I have to buy surplus cans pretty often for our humidors and it's nuts to see how the prices of them fluctuate almost daily. It's like trading or stock or some freakin precious metal! I have a dollar or more variations every time I buy based on who got what, from what auction, in what condition, etc. It's almost comical how the supply and demand is for them for the past few years.

Of course now we have these Chinese made "new" ones being introduced into the market so that's a whole new twist.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I still can't believe how expensive these things have gotten. I used to balk if they were over $3 at the gunshows.
View Quote
Yeah, I know what you mean, today's pricing makes it hard to want to buy any. A few years ago, I got in on a group buy on "a few" for right around $3.00/each and haven't bought any since:

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#16]
on sale again this week for $9.99
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top