Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2015 9:52:19 AM EDT
Has anybody noticed if they have "no firearms" signs or policies?

-shooter
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Isn't the proper answer always "concealed is concealed?"    
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty much - but I don't like giving money to people who oppose the right to self defense.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#3]
There are too many businesses to keep track of anymore. I only go to the Alamo in Winchester, all other theaters suck compared to it imo. I also eat at Buffalo Wild Wings while carrying, never noticed a no guns sign even though they are supposedly anti carry.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't recall seeing one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:21:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't recall seeing one.
View Quote

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!!!

"I don't recall ..." can save's one bacon in today's world.  Video recordings (like internet ramblings ) can be used for all the wrong reasons ... such as to impugn one's veracity.  Outside of one's home (with the curtains drawn), anything else seems fair game to the paparazzo wanna-bes with their smartphones and GoPros, or 'normal' and ubiquitous surveillance cameras.

"Recall" is turning out to be one's only unassailable vestige of privacy, especially in interactions with the law enforcement or judicial systems.  Politicians have avoided accountability for their misdeeds, because of deficient/insufficient recall ... whether real or fabricated.  I presume the tack is taught in freshman Political "Science" classes, it's use is so widespread and ingrained.

If not already present, this phrase should join the other phrases one constantly practices ... such as for 'that' dreaded 911 call, which could result from EDC. *  Think of it as a yoga mantra.  I believe practicing such phrasing helps ensure one doesn't utter something regrettable ... i.e., because some Monday-morning-quarterback tries to twist your original intent:
  • I just shot someone who was trying to murder me ...

• I'm agitated now, and can't respond ...

• I said, I'm agitated right now, and will be happy to discuss specifics with you later when my counsel is present.

• I am agitated, and don't recall ...

• Tell the officers I am wearing ...

I am open for suggestions about these or other phrases ..

------------------------------------
* Remember, 911 dispatchers may or may not pass on comments to responding officers.  But your comments will always be part of "the record," and will likely be scrutinized to see if they can be used/abused to meet the goals of someone else ... should a scrote be shot by someone who protected their own life with lethal force.  Information that was solicited from George Zimmerman, and then subsequently abused to pillory him, should never have been provided by the obviously agitated Zimmerman.  It's not like an APB/BOLO needed to be transmitted for Trayvon Martin ... who was laying on the ground nearby.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't remember seeing any signs but it's the only theater I go to and I've never had an issue carrying there. Love the rules about no talking or cell phones. Their food is also really good but stay away from the adult milkshakes, yuck.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I go there frequently, particularly during the sumemr, and I can't recall ever having seen one.  During the summer, the LCP rides in my front pocket everywhere I go.  

I personally don't think too hard on those signs that tell me I can't carry my Beretta or my Glock.  I haven't seen a "No LCP" sign yet.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I remember looking for one and unless it's well hidden, there wasn't one as of a few months ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top