Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2015 9:24:03 PM EDT
Who in Nova Can do this?  Ordering a new mount, barrel came with a surefire brake (no surefire suppressors) and I want to run my DD14.5 lightweight with a Can.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's a simple pin and weld you can carefully remove the old brake. I thought there was a sticky on removing welded brakes.

I got an upper when I was stationed in NJ and after I PCS'd, I used a dremmel to grind the weld off, then pulled out the pin and unscrewed the brake. I cleaned the threads with a brush then put on a new crush washer and flash hider.

Update Here's the old thread/link...look about three quarters of the way down the page
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/226782_.html

Also, there's some shops like Ranier where you can send the barrel in and they'll take care of you if you want to go that route.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#2]
IM SENT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top