Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2015 1:34:56 AM EDT
All,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good divorce attorney in the NOVA area?  I lived in NOVA before I was sent to China, and it's my home of record. I'm looking for an attorney that has experience or at least wont balk at communicating over the internet, as when I do fly back, I'd like to end this as painlessly as possible.  As of now, both parties are playing nice, and just want out. (Been divorced before, that can change).
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:13:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Curran moher in fairfax. Not cheap, but they win for their clients.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:15:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I would not cheap out on this.  When I got divorced my Ex wanted a straight split.  My ex went crazy against me after her lawyer said she could get her alimony and we had agreed 6 months and we were done.  It took two years and two lawyers from me to make sure I did not have to give alimony to her.  I paid a pretty penny over $17K probably over $20K but it was worth not having to give her 20-30% of my pay even though I was the grieving party, (she cheated on me while I was in Iraq).  

My lady is not in the area and if you can be amicable about it then you might not need all that.  Other than that G-shooter has a good one that I should have went with the first time instead of going to my one lawyer practice first that looked like a college professor.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Curran moher in fairfax. Not cheap, but they win for their clients.
View Quote

Either Gerald Curran (as posted above) or James Cottrell.

Both are very good in this area, not cheap and - if it matters to you - they're both very pro-gun.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:10:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks all.  This is going to turn out to be a hell of a ride.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:22:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:00:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Gerry Curran.  He's a Goddamned barracuda.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gerry Curran.  He's a Goddamned barracuda.
View Quote

He's a shooter too. Maybe you can pay him in guns!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Another suggestion to consider is Nan Joseph (Leesburg). I had her for my divorce and was very pleased.

I recommended her to a co-worker. When his soon-to-be ex's attorneys found out that he had retained Ms. Joseph,
they dropped their hard-line stance against him. They were able to achieve a fair settlement without having to litigate in court.

Saved him a bunch of dough.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#9]
You generally want one in the county where you will get divorced.  You don't have to do that, but it will typically make things less expensive (proximity to court house) and your outcome may be better.

Many years ago I used Heather Cooper, who is located in Fairfax. She was very good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top