Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2015 5:40:29 PM EDT
Okay, confess, which one of you was OCing your AR-15 today off Loudoun street today in demonstration
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Okay, confess, which one of you was OCing your AR-15 today off Loudoun street today in demonstration
View Quote

I didn't think we had any retards in the VAHTF.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I generally tend to think long gun OC is retarded. This guy is doing it right.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29573755/man-armed-guard-recruiting-office
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Cant say i have a problem with this.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, just awesome ones

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/17/after-chattanooga-military-members-noticed-man-outside-recruitment-center-they-paid-him-a-visit/
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Whore, Attention

If you're that concerned about the recruiters, stay in your car. Element of surprise and all that.

Looks just like an Operator......
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#6]
...and how many people did he flag with that horizontal muzzle.  Idiot needs to go home and play video games some more.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nope, just awesome ones

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/17/after-chattanooga-military-members-noticed-man-outside-recruitment-center-they-paid-him-a-visit/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, just awesome ones

Yep, awesome was just the word I was searching for.

He's an attention whore.  Could have accomplished more by OC'ing a pistol.  All he did was scare people and make everyone look stupid.  I OC and have NEVER been interviewed by the media or had the cops called.

But I'll never be able to change "your types" mind.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Im sure the dude sent out a press release before he went out.

What does open carry look like in a non attention-whoring way I wonder?  I keep hearing that he should be open carrying a pistol, or be hiding in his car...  Maybe he should just be staying home and banging his shield on some internet forums instead.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Not me and I don't know him but I've no issue with his protest.....It's telling when Joe Citizen can OC a AR but a on-duty serviceman a few yards away can't.

The "tard" and "whore" comments some of you people are slinging about in regards to the man's protest is what's really retarded.

Looks like the guy got the proper attention to the matter he was advocating for by my reading of the article.

He even had a sign out so only those looking to find fault could possibly have a issue with his actions.

My question to those that are throwing rocks.....What have you done in protest to call attention to the issue? Same as me most likely, not fucking much.

Some of you people that are name-calling should be ashamed.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#10]
It's legal, police did the courtesy check, recruiters are ok with it and most importantly the families came up and thanked them, it helped the families with some comfort.

If we had leadership, VA would be like many other states/Commonwealths and ordered NG to protect soft targets.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My question to those that are throwing rocks.....What have you done in protest to call attention to the issue? Same as me most likely, not fucking much.
View Quote

And what do you want me to do, exactly?

I joined the military to take the fight to them, not wait for them to come to us.  Do I get partial credit for that, maybe?  But, hey, whatever floats your boat.  I don't belittle those who didn't join, but it's might right to call you retarded.

None of the other stuff I do, have done, and will continue to do (with the VCDL, etc) are no one else's business.  I'm not going to come on here and pimp myself out looking for pats on the back.

This thread pops up constantly in GD, and it's always the same.  Half think these people are idiots, the other half scream "well, you're not doing 'nuffin!".  Nothing ever changes.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Give the guy a break?

I joined the military to take the fight to them, not wait for them to come to us.  Do I get partial credit for that, maybe?  But, hey, whatever floats your boat.  I don't belittle those who didn't join, but it's might right to call you retarded.

None of the other stuff I do, have done, and will continue to do (with the VCDL, etc) are no one else's business.  I'm not going to come on here and pimp myself out looking for pats on the back.

Thats great, i appreciate the sacrifice.  Nobody is withholding credit from you for that.  I dont recall this thread being started by the open carrier looking for pats on the back, though.  I could have missed something in GD, however.  Thanks for calling me retarded as well.

This thread pops up constantly in GD, and it's always the same.  Half think these people are idiots, the other half scream "well, you're not doing 'nuffin!".  Nothing ever changes.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give the guy a break?

Thats great, i appreciate the sacrifice.  Nobody is withholding credit from you for that.  I dont recall this thread being started by the open carrier looking for pats on the back, though.  I could have missed something in GD, however.  Thanks for calling me retarded as well.

This guy in Winchester isnt another snowboots IMO.  The knee-jerk reaction of other gun owners lableing him (and others like him) an attention whore is tiring.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 4:19:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well for starters how about showing some class and forbearance as it concerns the way others choose to support the .mil at this troubled time. It's not like he was out there with a "Fuck the .mil" sign you know. I think he showed the courage of his convictions and made his point quite well. No jimmies were rustled but that of the OC haters.

What you did in the past, well that was the past.  Your disparaging comments in the present are completely uncalled for and a poor reflection on you IMHO.

Link Posted: 7/19/2015 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I am not an open carry fan at all as I believe it brings problems and hype where it does not need to be.   People fatter than me walking around Starbucks for attention with their AR's is not helping our cause.  As for this guy with his AR47 in front of the recruitment center.............good for him.  He sent a huge message in a positive way.  The media attention was actually very good.  (Minus the AR47 descriptions)

In the end I agree with Lowcash as far as being discreet and protecting without open carry.  In this case however, what he did was needed to send a message.  The Anti's did not like this but there was not much they could do to combat it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's legal, police did the courtesy check, recruiters are ok with it and most importantly the families came up and thanked them, it helped the families with some comfort.

If we had leadership, VA would be like many other states/Commonwealths and ordered NG to protect soft targets.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not an open carry guy, but I think I'm with this here ^, particular the leadership in VA part
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:48:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm not an open carry guy, but I think I'm with this here ^, particular the leadership in VA part
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm ok with this too
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:32:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am not an open carry fan at all as I believe it brings problems and hype where it does not need to be.   People fatter than me walking around Starbucks for attention with their AR's is not helping our cause.  As for this guy with his AR47 in front of the recruitment center.............good for him.  He sent a huge message in a positive way.  The media attention was actually very good.  (Minus the AR47 descriptions)

In the end I agree with Lowcash as far as being discreet and protecting without open carry.  In this case however, what he did was needed to send a message.  The Anti's did not like this but there was not much they could do to combat it.
View Quote

I think long gun OC'ers in general go about it in entirely the wrong way. "Oh, we'll carry our long guns into the mall and eventually everyone will be used to seeing long guns everywhere, like Switzerland!" Wrong. They fail to miss the fact that people in Switzerland are carrying long guns because they're going to or from a shooting range. They have a purpose. They are not out taking their guns for a walk. People who take their guns for a walk look pretty damned crazy to me, and I imagine they look the same to the non-gun folks out there.

But this is a good example of appropriate long gun OC: someone carrying a weapon for a discernible, legitimate purpose. Even if it isn't the most tactically sound way to go about his task it's good press for an OC'er, for once.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 7:04:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Even if it isn't the most tactically sound way to go about his task
View Quote

Every pic/vid I've seen of him shows him holding his rifle like he's taking point on a patrol in Fallujah.  I think he's accomplishing nothing positive, but your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 8:23:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Sigh.....  Would it have killed him to dress more presentably with an OWB pistol?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Every pic/vid I've seen of him shows him holding his rifle like he's taking point on a patrol in Fallujah.  I think he's accomplishing nothing positive, but your mileage may vary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if he's retired Military or LEO, does that change your view?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  I think he's sensationalizing a tragedy.

We can agree to disagree, though.  Nothing wrong with that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd expect better dress and carry.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree he is, but he's also legally doing it and bringing awareness to an issue.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:03:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Coincidence or Time Life books, you be the judge....
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:09:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I agree he is, but he's also legally doing it and bringing awareness to an issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he's really not doing either of those things.  He is bringing awareness to himself.  And while legally in posession of a firearm, the way he was pointing it in all directions in the many pictures and videos would get him arrested in any jurisdiction.  He is being given a lot of slack, not following the law.  Reckless, selfish, and not promoting anything positive.  There are no mass hordes that he needs to defend the office from.  If his purpose was to bring attention to protecting recruiting stations, there are countless other ways to send that message than standing around flagging people with a rifle.  He is a poor example, and will be a useful tool for the anti-gun crowd.

I won't comment in this thread further, but this kind of stunt is what makes us all look bad, and accomplished absolutely nothing positive.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:26:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

.....He is a poor example, and will be a useful tool for the anti-gun crowd.

I won't comment in this thread further, but this kind of stunt is what makes us all look bad, and accomplished absolutely nothing positive.
View Quote

Funny, other than here I've not heard anything but complements directed toward the guy in my area. I'm 20 miles from Winchester. I guess our sensibilities differ greatly from those in the greater NoVA area. We also don't judge folks by the clothes they wear as long as their motives are pure.

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Funny, other than here I've not heard anything but complements directed toward the guy in my area. I'm 20 miles from Winchester. I guess our sensibilities differ greatly from those in the greater NoVA area. We also don't judge folks by the clothes they wear as long as their motives are pure.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. I was at a friend's work function full of non-gun people-Obama voters, mostly-this weekend and this came up. Universal approval.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Dick Black - State Senator from the 13th district calling for "leadership" to arm the military - http://thebullelephant.com/senator-dick-black-calls-on-governor-mcauliffe-to-arm-the-military/
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 2:15:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Dick Black - State Senator from the 13th district calling for "leadership" to arm the military - http://thebullelephant.com/senator-dick-black-calls-on-governor-mcauliffe-to-arm-the-military/
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Local news showed a couple guys doing the same in Charlottesville too. Might take a ride out there Friday to talk to them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. Even the liberals on the NBC29 page were okay with it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Arming the military. What a novel idea.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:03:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've read or watched on tv several references of Posse Comitaus when discussing arming the military outside their bases.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I've read or watched on tv several references of Posse Comitaus when discussing arming the military outside their bases.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Posse Commitatus only restricts federal military personnel in acting in a domestic law enforcement role. It does nothing to limit their carrying firearms for self-protection.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 5:51:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#37]

I'm glad no one was hurt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top