Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 1:38:28 PM EDT
linky

RICHMOND, Va. — A bear spotted overnight in Church Hill was eventually cornered and tranquilized in Richmond’s Mosby Court neighborhood. The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries, along with Richmond Animal Control and Richmond Police, worked hours to track down and capture the black bear seen wandering around the city looking for food.
View Quote

bear is lucky he didn't catch a stray bullet from a fortay
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
linky

RICHMOND, Va. — A bear spotted overnight in Church Hill was eventually cornered and tranquilized in Richmond’s Mosby Court neighborhood. The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries, along with Richmond Animal Control and Richmond Police, worked hours to track down and capture the black bear seen wandering around the city looking for food.
View Quote

bear is lucky he didn't catch a stray bullet from a fortay
View Quote

You've got brass balls... and haven't done any research.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Care to elaborate?  Is 9mm the proper caliber there now?    In all fairness I do my best to stay clear of anything with a name that ends in "court" in the RVA metro area.  Only bears I ever saw in Richmond were coming out of Godfrey's.

As to Mosby Court, well it has a reputation for a reason like this

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Care to elaborate?  Is 9mm the proper caliber there now?    In all fairness I do my best to stay clear of anything with a name that ends in "court" in the RVA metro area.  Only bears I ever saw in Richmond were coming out of Godfrey's.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You'll find many stories online (actual legit news) of bears being killed with a .40 or something pistol related.  But you'll find some where a guy brought too little gun to a bear fight and it didn't go well.

Just pointing out it takes balls to stand in front of a charging bear with a .40.  Now, my EDC is a G22, so that's what I carry and obviously not against it, but I'm avoiding a fucking bear at all costs.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#4]
That was more of a joke about what is flying around the area the bear was tranquilized in vs. a what caliber for Ursus americanus comment.

Bear was in a very sketchy neighborhood with a high frequency of shootings/robberies and etc.  I would never advocate shooting an out of season bear when it is too hot to process all of the meat.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That was more of a joke about what is flying around the area the bear was tranquilized in vs. a what caliber for Ursus americanus comment.

Bear was in a very sketchy neighborhood with a high frequency of shootings/robberies and etc.  I would never advocate shooting an out of season bear when it is too hot to process all of the meat.

View Quote

LOL - I'm retarded.

I didn't think someone was going to hunt it, I thought you were just saying you'd shoot it if it was in your yard.  I was implying I'd recommend something a little bigger.

I'm still retarded, though.

EDIT:  Too bad the bear didn't score one for the good guys.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:48:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know about you guys but i am  thinking someone should be protesting a black anything leaving Mosby Court?  Can we get a call into Jesse or maybe Al?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I heard the bear was unarmed, was an apiring rapper and trying to turn his life around.  When does the protest against Amimal Control start, I need to get out my bongos...
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I heard the bear was unarmed, was an apiring rapper and trying to turn his life around.  When does the protest against Amimal Control start, I need to get out my bongos...
View Quote

#BEARLIVESMATTER    
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#9]
nbc ran the story and mentioned the bear was male, then showed footage of the Wardens loading Mr. tranquilized bear-thankfully the pic is on the small side online as the poor guy was swinging in the breeze on the 6 o'clock news.

so yes, no question it is a male, and he does have balls for heading to the hood!

I had to explain to the kids why Daddy suddenly burst out laughing at the sleepy bear.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:17:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Bears have to get their drugs somewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top