Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2015 10:33:38 AM EDT

I guess Im not sure what is rumor and what is truth, but is it the truth that there is a place at the WMA that a shooter can check their zero, a range of some sort?

A couple buddies of mine said there was, but I looked on the website and didn't see anything.

If there is such a thing, how would you get there? Ive been up to Sky Meadows before, but Im not really sure if its all part of the same thing of if the WMA needs 4wd to get to.

Any illumination on the subject is welcome thanks!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a range at the CF Phelps WMA. http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wmas/detail.asp?pid=17
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I hunted there for several years and never saw a range setup.  I might have missed it but safest to just call the DGIF.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been to GRThompson WMA many times -- years ago we used to zero our rifles in next to the dam down by the lake - we're talking the 70's-  however... that was a long time ago and since we have been "talked " to by a ranger about it. Next time it would cost us some money.
So there is no place out there for just shooting - only time rifles are allowed are during hunting season.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:24:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Sadness!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top