Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2015 9:20:29 PM EDT
My move to Yorktown is finally complete and my new job leaves me with more free time than I've ever had before. So, I have two questions:

1: Where is the closest class III dealer? I have my trust and want a suppressor.
2: Where is the closest outdoor range that will allow me to shoot my pistols and rifles?  I'd love to be able to move and shoot if possible.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Google Lafayette Gun Club. They are in York County, just off George Washington  Highway. They have an indoor range open 24 hours a day and a outdoor range open about 10 to 5 with a range master. Monthly High Power matches too. It takes a while to get in, but it's worth the wait.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been told there is an impressive wait list there but that it's a good place.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 8:21:11 AM EDT
[#3]
At Lafayette you have a very strict set of rules when you shoot.  There is not shooting and moving.  If you want to draw from the holster you need to take their class.  Don't get wrapped up in the politics.  Go there to shoot and move along.  While I really enjoy being a member, I found out the hard way of trying to get involved in the club.  There is a long waiting list, but you can always find someone who is a member to sponsor you to do some shooting.   The first Sunday of the month is a practical pistol shoot that is open to non-members (still need a sponsor though).  Might want to look into Middlesex sportsman and hunt club.  A little more relaxed, but limited days they are open.  IM if you want more information.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top