Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2015 7:55:29 AM EDT
Have any members here in VA had any dealings with Carlotz, when selling or purchasing a vehicle?

I'm looking at selling  a vehicle and was wondering about their reputation.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a car from them last year. They're a consignment dealer, so all they do is handle the paperwork and such. No real "sales" like a regular dealer. It was a very painless process. I looked at the car as much as I wanted, took it out for a drive, and made an offer (well under asking price). They called the seller with my offer and I got a call back on my way home, offer accepted. A few days later I came back, signed some papers and got the car.

All in all, the easiest "dealer" experience I've ever had. No haggling, no BS, no unnecessary calls.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Consignment sales, interesting concept.
Wish there was one in NoVa.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]
OP, I have a very good friend who works for them, I would be happy to get you guys in touch.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I used them to sell a vehicle. Very painless process. They charge a flat fee to sell the vehicle for you. It was around $900 if I remember correctly. I had it listed with Craigslist and Auto Trader for a month or so prior and had a few low ball offers and a couple of crazies. Once I put it with Carlotz it took a couple of weeks and it was gone. I would use them again.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input. I have my FJ already listed online, but I'm in no rush to move it right now.

I did speak with an individual at Carlotz, and I told them I would give them a shot if nothing develops in a month or so.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm neighbors with the guy who started it and have used the service to sell a car.  Great guy, great business model, and rally easy to use.  Well worth it.  

I have sold a pathfinder by meeting strangers in parking lots, etc. and I've sold a suburban by using CarLotz.  Not having to deal with strangers is awesome.   CarLotz fits the bill.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top