Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2015 2:49:55 PM EDT

The “open minded” and “tolerant” antis in Arlington County have their collective panties in a wad over a gun store daring to open in their backyard.  You would swear it was a crackhouse being opened instead of a store selling a legal commodity.  A commodity that is as American as apple pie.

In order to stop the opening and get the lease revoked, the antis have a petition with around 1,900 signatures on it.

Well, there is a counter petition supporting the store and we need to drown out the antis.

Here is the link. http://tinyurl.com/ob3p8xn

Please sign this petition supporting the store (about 177 signatures on the six-day-old petition as I write this.  Let’s explode that number):

An article on the store and the mindless, shameless, and bigoted resistance to NOVA Firearms opening that store:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/25/gun-shop-proposal-from-marine-corps-veteran-riles-/

or

http://tinyurl.com/olsdeyp
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit

Perhaps you should cross-post to GD.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Done!!!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Hit it as soon as I got the email from the VCDL.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL...Same here.

Came here to post but OP had took care of it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

LOL...Same here.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL...Same here.

Me too.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#6]
hit as i know exactly where this location is and would love to see a gun shop in there
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Me too.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL...Same here.

Me too.  

Same here.

Almost didn't because "change.org"   but used guerillamail for the confirmation.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Ironically, there has been a "gun store" less than a half-mile from that location for decades.

The pawn shop down the same street has a prominent gun department.  You can even see guns on the racks from your car stopped at the stop light.

I even found 3 genuine Colt AR magazines there for $20 each; they are the 9mm mags (think they are 34 rnd ones).  However, many other prices seemed on the high side at the pawn place.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#9]
done , #1397
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#10]
hit it, #1489 to sign
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Almost didn't because "change.org"   but used guerillamail for the confirmation.
View Quote

Sigh, that was a bad idea. I've already deleted two EMs from them and had to unsubscribe .

Good thing it was not cross-posted to GD.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:34:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sigh, that was a bad idea. I've already deleted two EMs from them and had to unsubscribe .

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I deal with junk like this using an Inbox rule.  Anything I get from them (none so far) will go right into the Trash.  The Inbox rule will have to wait until I can review the source text of an inbound E-mail, to get the sender's address (or I could go with the whole E-mail domain).  I never open such messages ...

My response was somewhere 'north of' 1500, so the petition has more than 60% of the 2500 required responses.

ETA

The first message I received appears to contain 'only' a canned message to further publicize the petition: via Facebook and Twitter (I don't) or via E-mail (I won't).  There are lots of tracking artifacts in the message, interspersed with change.org self-aggrandizing.  The message will live on in "Junk" until I see the next message or two.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#13]
hit
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Done.  It's at 316 now.  Keep it coming.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Done.  It's at 316 now.  Keep it coming.
View Quote

Looks like 244 are still needed.

Doesn't the VCDL distro list have like 25k members?  If just a tiny percentage would attack things like this I think we'd all be better off.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hit it, but there were only 677? or so supporters. It's gained support, but I'm surprised it hasn't ticked up a lot higher.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Hit, still needs over 200 sigs to reach goal.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I just shot a free video for them with a buddy.

Will let you fellow patriots know when it is up.

Rock on.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just shot a free video for them with a buddy.

Will let you fellow patriots know when it is up.

Rock on.
View Quote

You, sir, are the man.

EDIT:  Not "The Man" we want to keep out of our lives, though.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 4:23:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ironically, there has been a "gun store" less than a half-mile from that location for decades.

The pawn shop down the same street has a prominent gun department.  You can even see guns on the racks from your car stopped at the stop light.

I even found 3 genuine Colt AR magazines there for $20 each; they are the 9mm mags (think they are 34 rnd ones).  However, many other prices seemed on the high side at the pawn place.
View Quote

That's what I thought - the one in Cherrydale, right?  I wasn't exactly sure on the location of the new place.  Dumb ass libs.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 7:22:18 AM EDT
[#21]
signed
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 7:52:48 AM EDT
[#22]
140 signatures left to hit 2500, has anyone posted this in GD yet?
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
140 signatures left to hit 2500, has anyone posted this in GD yet?
View Quote

I didn't post it there yet.

Go for it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Just spoke with the owners.

Everything is in-process with ATF and they were told to expect approval around the end of July.

It all comes down to the landlord.  If he breaks the contract (a lease is a contract) the owners are stuck - at least temporarily.

Personally, (my opinion here only) I would imagine there is cause for a suit if the landlord breaks the contract (though it would take a careful reading of the document, plus local knowledge of the court of jurisdiction to make an accurate prediction).  But small business owners don't exactly have the budget for such actions.

Apparently, the landlord was "rattled" or upset that certain members of the greater NOVA area were opposed to him leasing the space to a firearms retailer.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Everything is in-process with ATF and they were told to expect approval around the end of July.

It all comes down to the landlord.  If he breaks the contract (a lease is a contract) the owners are stuck - at least temporarily.

Personally, (my opinion here only) I would imagine there is cause for a suit if the landlord breaks the contract (though it would take a careful reading of the document, plus local knowledge of the court of jurisdiction to make an accurate prediction).  But small business owners don't exactly have the budget for such actions.

Apparently, the landlord was "rattled" or upset that certain members of the greater NOVA area were opposed to him leasing the space to a firearms retailer.
View Quote

I bet we could start a Go Fund Me site if that happened and hand that landlord his ass if he breaches an otherwise perfectly legal contract just because he changed his mind.  There are many 2A lawyers in the area that would take that case for free or at a reduced cost, I'm sure.

He just needs to do what's right - legally, ethically, and morally.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are those "certain members" current tenants of other spaces he owns who will not renew their leases if the gun shop opens?  If not, why should he give a rats hairy ass what they think?
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Here is the latest article I could find on the web:

http://www.arlnow.com/2015/06/03/cherrydale-gun-store-still-moving-forward-while-petition-battle-rages/
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Geez. You'd think it was a whorehouse or something with the way the antis are talking about it. Such mental illness.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Why don't we just repeal the the 19th Amendment?  I mean, women don't need to vote, right?

These idiots love going down slippery slopes when it doesn't suit their needs.  Don't like the Second Amendment?  Tough shit, it's my right to like it and exercise it.  Just don't buy a gun if you're scared of it, you'll endanger us all.

I'm really starting to despise these people as human beings.  I saw a movie once where only the government had guns.  I think it was called Schindler's List.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Geez. You'd think it was a whorehouse or something with the way the antis are talking about it. Such mental illness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It is not referred to as the 'People's Democratic Republic of Arlingtoon' for nothing.

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It is not referred to as the 'People's Democratic Republic of Arlingtoon' for nothing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I call it "South Bethesda"
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Hit,

it wold be nice to have an FFL closer to home.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 3:35:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Not in you guys neck of the woods but I hit it for ya.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Not in you guys neck of the woods but I hit it for ya.
View Quote

'preach brother.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 3:54:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"DC Adjacent"
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

"DC Adjacent"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"DC Adjacent"

"DC Adjacent" implies there is some percentage of a minority saying "whitey owes me."

Arlington is entirely motivated by a combination of white guilt and holier-than-thou nanny statism.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Hit and bump
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#39]
hit
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Isn't the expected approval date of their new FFL fast approaching?

Any update?

Are the local Arlington folks still opposing this?

I have not seen anything happeneing at the new location (drove by the week before last).
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#41]
According to Arlington Now, the deal was canceled.

https://www.arlnow.com/2015/07/23/morning-notes-1229/

"Gun Store Owner Blames Bloomberg — James Gates, the Marine Corps veteran who tried to open a gun store in Cherrydale, said that the cancellation of its lease after a neighborhood outcry was the fault of the former mayor of New York City. “When news of our planned location in Arlington became public, there were some local critics; however they enjoyed outsized influence when anti-civil rights campaigns backed by billionaire Michael Bloomberg picked up their cause,” Gates said in a statement. [Washington Times]"
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Sorry to see that happen, hope that potential owners didn't lose too much money as well as time.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#43]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ... Ditto!

I wish North Arlington gets a store more in accord with their preferences.  Like this one:

Although the above storefront might be a little too 'hetero' for N. Arlington.  (Not that there's anything wrong with anyone's lifestyle choices.)
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:55:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ... Ditto!

I wish North Arlington gets a store more in accord with their preferences.  Like this one:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7121/7519774152_e13e2d4425_z.jpg

Although the above storefront might be a little too 'hetero' for N. Arlington.  (Not that there's anything wrong with anyone's lifestyle choices.)
View Quote

Arcade?  Are we talking naked Pac Man?  Hmmm...
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Remember what replaced the gun shop (Trophy Room) in Old Town? The building owner got sick of getting bullied by the local authorities...it is now a sex toys and lingerie shop.

-shooter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top