Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2015 12:46:48 AM EDT
I am looking for a restaurant with a private dining room or dining room area that would provide privacy for a private reunion. Looking primarily in the Richmond Short Pump area.

We would need seating for around 15 people.

The type of food isn't all that important, but nothing too expensive. We aren't set on the dates yet, at this point just trying to nail down the location.

The Short Pump Richmond area is sort of centrally located for this group of now scattered friends. This would be for a long lunch and not a evening/dinner party.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:02:09 AM EDT
[#1]
You could do maggiano's. Not too expensive and they have a separate upstairs dining room or private rooms. Tarrant's west has a pseudo private room and is really nice but a bit more spendy (15-25 a meal cheaper for burgers an sandwiches).
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could do maggiano's. Not too expensive and they have a separate upstairs dining room or private rooms. Tarrant's west has a pseudo private room and is really nice but a bit more spendy (15-25 a meal cheaper for burgers an sandwiches).
View Quote

Thank you, I will check out Maggiano's and Tarrant's,  both sound good.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't go there often because the wife would destroy a credit card while shopping, but Maggiano's is very nice.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I go to the Maggiano's in Tysons Corner often and the food is amazing.  It isn't very expensive, either.  If you've never been, I'd highly consider it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Another vote for Maggiano's.  We've been to the one in Short Pump a few times and it's always been good. Mom's Lasagna is very good and their fried calamari is better than most.  And if you order pasta entre they give you another pre-packaged full serving to go.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't think to mention it before, but the only thing that sucks about maggiano's is that it is at the mall. You don't really go into the mall though (also the mall is outdoor. If you are willing to go to Carytown, Cancan is awesome.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Another vote for Magianos...

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Didn't think to mention it before, but the only thing that sucks about maggiano's is that it is at the mall. You don't really go into the mall though (also the mall is outdoor. If you are willing to go to Carytown, Cancan is awesome.
View Quote

Can Can is awesome but I don't think they have private rooms or at least none that I've seen.

Maggiano's in Short Pump is a solid choice.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

That mall has one of those stupid " no guns " signs on the door, if that really matters to you.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Just east on West Broad a bit is Buz n Neds Bbq. Awesome bbq   They don't have a private room but there is enough space.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just east on West Broad a bit is Buz n Neds Bbq. Awesome bbq   They don't have a private room but there is enough space.
View Quote

Meh.  They are OK BBQ but nowhere near awesome.  A good BBQ place does one thing and one thing only.  Good BBQ.  They do more.

Go Maggiano's damn good food and I have had private parties the before with a family style menu.  Muy excellante!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#12]
When we go up for Grand Lodge, our Lodge goes to Magianos with 20 -30 people.  They have a family style menu and it is a lot of fun.  You need to get a reservation as soon as possible though.  I never saw the gun sign ..
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Bella's and Peter Changs are excellent also.....
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:02:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks to all for the replies and suggestions. I think we are going to go with Maggianos.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:48:53 PM EDT
[#15]
For private rooms, you could also check out Capital Ale House and Hondo's (prob out of budget).
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I live in Short Pump and offer another vote for Maggianos(going tomorrow night for my B-day) and you also have Firebirds that is nice as well. Had a company dinner there and the wife and I have gone their for other occasions. Keagan's also has a private room as well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Post deleted, directed at the wrong poster.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:55:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
When we go up for Grand Lodge, our Lodge goes to Magianos with 20 -30 people.  They have a family style menu and it is a lot of fun.  You need to get a reservation as soon as possible though.  I never saw the gun sign ..
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up on the reservation warning. We still aren't sure on the date, waiting for one of the attendee's to confirm their availability.

Hope all is well with you and the family. We need to get together sooner than later.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:58:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Halligan's in Short Pump has a private room also.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Can Can in the city has back rooms for private events.  I got back there once for brunch overflow and had no idea it was back there.

It can be reasonably priced depending on what is ordered.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Can Can in the city has back rooms for private events.  I got back there once for brunch overflow and had no idea it was back there.

It can be reasonably priced depending on what is ordered.
View Quote

+15 or so for Maggiano's, have used the backrooms for private functions in the past and all went well, they are very accommodating,

Can Can is very good, and I had no idea they had a backroom, however parking may be difficult , depending on the day, time, and how far folks would be willing to walk,

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#22]
FYI, we once reserved one of those rooms at Maggianos.  We had about 30, and they gave us a limited menu.  I don't know if we did something to make it cheap or not.

Bertucci's is right across the street, and it's pretty good, although I don't know about parties of 15.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 7:52:21 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
Shit i forgot about that too.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks to everyone, I am jealous of all the restaurant choices.  It's pretty spartan down here in rural North Carolina. There are some good places, but mostly you have to go to the Tidewater Virginia area or to the Outer Banks.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:13:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Owner is a hell of a good guy too.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:28:19 AM EDT
[#26]
The Savory Grain on West Broad has a small back room.  I'm not sure how private it would be but it is semi isolated from the rest of the restaurant
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
FYI, we once reserved one of those rooms at Maggianos.  We had about 30, and they gave us a limited menu.  I don't know if we did something to make it cheap or not.

Bertucci's is right across the street, and it's pretty good, although I don't know about parties of 15.
View Quote

Restaurants will often limit the menu for parties like a 30 top, believe me it is for your benefit and speeds up service. It is mostly to direct the guests in ordering the same amount of courses as everyone else in the party.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Can Can is awesome but I don't think they have private rooms or at least none that I've seen.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can Can does have a private room all the way in the back, but it's in the city, not Short Pump.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:28:36 AM EDT
[#29]
If you're looking at inexpensive but decent food, the Hibachi Buffet down next to Harbor freight has private dining areas, and we have had a number of open carry dinners there.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If you're looking at inexpensive but decent food, the Hibachi Buffet down next to Harbor freight has private dining areas, and we have had a number of open carry dinners there.
View Quote

Did OP say short pump or southside?

Nothing like some good Dogtown buffet

Texas de Brazil can easily Carry your party....in short pump mall....no one will leave hungry for meat
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Just seen the thread so I might be late posting.  My company has used Texas de Brazil and Hondo's for Christmas parties.  I was very impressed with Hondo's.  They had a seafood bisque that was so good that I now compare all others I try to theirs.  I enjoy Texas de Brazil, but the draw back is that I always feel like crap when I leave.  The meat is so good, I have trouble saying no.  Also, since they season heavily with salt, I end up feeling hangovers much worse the next day.  They will bring around different steaks, chicken, brazilian sausage, and lamb.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top