Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2015 8:11:38 AM EDT
Was at the Farmers Market in Old Town with the family on Saturday and spotted the Moms Demand Action booth in a back corner. Observed the booth with son while wife shopped and saw only a few people stop by to see who they were, mostly due to their new "wear orange" campaign but most left when they were "informed" about what they do. Considering what weekend this was and seeing a lot of vets out with their families and Rolling Thunder participants in town, i kind of laughed whenever the bikers walked up to talk to them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Wonder if they understand?
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+15.2-915
§ 15.2-915. Control of firearms; applicability to authorities and local governmental agencies.

A. No locality shall adopt or enforce any ordinance, resolution or motion, as permitted by § 15.2-1425, and no agent of such locality shall take any administrative action, governing the purchase, possession, transfer, ownership, carrying, storage or transporting of firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof other than those expressly authorized by statute. For purposes of this section, a statute that does not refer to firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof, shall not be construed to provide express authorization.

Nothing in this section shall prohibit a locality from adopting workplace rules relating to terms and conditions of employment of the workforce. However, no locality shall adopt any workplace rule, other than for the purposes of a community services board or behavioral health authority as defined in § 37.2-100, that prevents an employee of that locality from storing at that locality's workplace a lawfully possessed firearm and ammunition in a locked private motor vehicle. Nothing in this section shall prohibit a law-enforcement officer, as defined in § 9.1-101, from acting within the scope of his duties.

The provisions of this section applicable to a locality shall also apply to any authority or to a local governmental entity, including a department or agency, but not including any local or regional jail, juvenile detention facility, or state-governed entity, department, or agency.

B. Any local ordinance, resolution or motion adopted prior to the effective date of this act governing the purchase, possession, transfer, ownership, carrying or transporting of firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof, other than those expressly authorized by statute, is invalid.

C. In addition to any other relief provided, the court may award reasonable attorney fees, expenses, and court costs to any person, group, or entity that prevails in an action challenging (i) an ordinance, resolution, or motion as being in conflict with this section or (ii) an administrative action taken in bad faith as being in conflict with this section.

D. For purposes of this section, "workplace" means "workplace of the locality."

(1987, c. 629, § 15.1-29.15; 1988, c. 392; 1997, cc. 550, 587; 2002, c. 484; 2003, c. 943; 2004, cc. 837, 923; 2009, cc. 735, 772; 2012, c. 757.)
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I know one of the state leaders in NC - they don't care about laws, the Constitution, or facts. They think guns are scary and need to go away. One of their biggest targets is Kroger for allowing open carry.  If I lived near Kroger I would shop their exclusively.

-shooter
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Was at the Farmers Market in Old Town with the family on Saturday and spotted the Moms Demand Action booth in a back corner. Observed the booth with son while wife shopped and saw only a few people stop by to see who they were, mostly due to their new "wear orange" campaign but most left when they were "informed" about what they do. Considering what weekend this was and seeing a lot of vets out with their families and Rolling Thunder participants in town, i kind of laughed whenever the bikers walked up to talk to them.
View Quote

Ryoushin you in Old Town Alexandria as well? My wife and I are there every Saturday.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:16:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Just south of Alexandria at Belle View off the GW Parkway. Just look for the short guy with a red stroller and a bored toddler sampling fresh fruit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know one of the state leaders in NC - they don't care about laws, the Constitution, or facts. They think guns are scary and need to go away. One of their biggest targets is Kroger for allowing open carry.  If I lived near Kroger I would shop their exclusively.

-shooter
View Quote

Not to get completely off topic but Kroger has a huge wine a beer selection.  I was unaware of their refusal to infringe on our freedom.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:38:20 AM EDT
[#6]
They had a table set up at the FFX county government center last fall for the annual fall festival.

I would have loved to see a VCDL table there too.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not to get completely off topic but Kroger has a huge wine a beer selection. I was unaware of their refusal to infringe on our freedom.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-shooter

Not to get completely off topic but Kroger has a huge wine a beer selection. I was unaware of their refusal to infringe on our freedom.

Yeah, Kroger has told them to take a hike, and said something like they aren't in the law making and law enforcing business.  If it's legal, customers are welcome to do it.  Good for them.

EDIT:  This month's America's 1st Freedom (which just arrived) has a several paragraph article on this.  Apparently MDA has just moved their Kroger protest to "Official" and Kroger responded with something like "we still defer to local and state laws, otherwise no comment".  LOL

Double good for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top