Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2015 8:59:09 PM EDT
I moved to Craig co. back in October off Route 621. I had heard of the shooting range that is on down 621 once it goes into Montgomery co., and stopped and checked it out last weekend when me and the ol lady drove to blacksburg. Anyone on here ever shoot there? I've always had access to private land to shoot on and have never been to any type of range, but me and a couple friends are going to ride up there Saturday sometime for my birthday to shoot. Is there any type of etiquette I need to keep in mind?  How does somebody go about setting up/changing your targets with other people there shooting? Sorry if this seems kind of Newbish, just don't want to go there and make an ass of myself or step on any toes.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I usually go there a couple times a month. It's a pretty nice place. There was a couple times when college kids were a little sketchy to be around. As for the rules it's posted on each post. The range is supposed to go cold on the hour and half hour for 5 minutes. Some days people follow that and some days you have people calling cold every 10 minutes. It's a paper target only range also.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Good Range, they just finished some upgrades with an addition added with more shooting positions. Va Tech students are always out there, but nice free place to shoot. Just watch the airplanes flying over on approach for landing, be safe and go cold when they fly over.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. Don't sound to bad. If its really crowded we will most likely go to my uncles house. If any of yall see a silver jeep there thats me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I would try for early in the morning if you want to miss the majority of the students.  I never had much of an issue on the rifle portion of the range, but the shotgun range would get derpy on the weekend if the weather was nice.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:53:32 PM EDT
[#5]
3 members shot there this afternoon actually. Tech is out (thank God) for the summer so there shouldnt be many college types there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top