Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 4:10:46 PM EDT
[#1]
We don't even need Don Shipley for this dipship.  I hope assholes like this die in a fire.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
What an idiot.  I had a DoD CAC as a civilian contractor for years and would have never even considered using it this way.  I now have a similar government ID for a different nameless government organization and it stays in my briefcase until I need it for official business.

This jackass should lose his job and be permanently banned from holding any DoD clearance or special accesses.  He has demonstrated that he has absolute zero character/integrity and is willing to cheat when he thinks he can get away with it.  

He should have no problem getting a job on wall street.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#4]
What pisses me off is that I know contractors make way more money than any servicemen.  Well depending on their job.  Just to be cheap and unfair, I can't believe they would do that!  That is like stealing and taking credit that they do not deserve.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]
While he us a duechbag, the CAC card plainly says contractor in it.

Where I really question him is his stupidity in bragging about his fraud on Facebook.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes, but right underneath it says "Affiliation/Department" (or something, I'd have to go get mine) which says NAVY in big letters.  I can't fault someone working at a Busch Gardens for letting that slip through.

Quoted:
Where I really question him is his stupidity in bragging about his fraud on Facebook.

Social media, man... that shit attracts stupidity like moths to a flame.  Must be digital meth or something.  I take no part in social media.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:16:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes, but right underneath it says "Affiliation/Department" (or something, I'd have to go get mine) which says NAVY in big letters.  I can't fault someone working at a Busch Gardens for letting that slip through.

Social media, man... that shit attracts stupidity like moths to a flame.  Must be digital meth or something.  I take no part in social media.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine says

Affiliation
CONTRACTOR (in a much larger font and bold)

Agency/Department
DoD

And it has a picture of me in civilian clothes.

Not sure how you could take more than a casual glance at it and think I was active duty.  Of course I also am 50 years old with a full graying beard.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#8]
You are not supposed to take the CAC picture in uniform even if you are active duty .
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:11:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You are not supposed to take the CAC picture in uniform even if you are active duty .
View Quote

What?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't all contractor CACs have a green stripe?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:58:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

On what planet?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

On what planet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On what planet?

Fort Knox, KY 2009, CAC office
Schofield Barracks, HI 2010, CAC office

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On what planet?

... those are weird planets then because that's not an actual thing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On what planet?

Nope.

I've had one since they were invented, always been in uniform in my picture.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't all contractor CACs have a green stripe?
View Quote

Yes and no.  Mine has a green stripe, however my affiliation is "FFRDC", it does not have the typical "Contractor" name listed for a reason.  FFRDC's are Uncle Sam's special little children that are neither government employees nor contractors.  FFRDC's do things the .gov doesn't want to do (let's call it plausible deniability) or things they can't do (not enough Ph.D. resources for a 6 month study, for example).

Let's just say we aren't contractors, but we're aren't "officially" government employees, either.

So, seeing my badge with FFRDC/NAVY instead of CONTRACTOR/NAVY could certainly confuse the 99% who don't have any clue what an FFRDC is.  I can't tell you how many times people have asked me at the Pentagon what it is, and their badge office issued it.  

But going back to the problem here - the guy pulled a dick move which was unethical and dishonorable.  We should blame the minimum wage earning ticket taker for confusing his status.
Edit: WE SHOULD NOT* blame^. Sorry.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:04:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't understand getting worked up over this.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:33:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL, wut? You'd better alert the Pentagon because apparently, at least two of the badging offices there do it wrong according to your rules.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I see it like stolen valor.  You have someone who is not active duty military using their government issued ID to claim a monetary benefit they don't deserve.  That person is a contractor on a military base, quite likely with a security clearance, stealing money from an amusement park, and then bragging about it on social media.  If he steals amusement park tickets what else will he steal?

I think the guy should lose his CAC card and his job.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nope.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On what planet?

Nope.

It wouldn't be unknown for various CAC offices to make up their own unofficial and sometimes nonsensical rules, sometimes differing from day to day. I'd bet there's an SOP or instruction out there for it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Yep, this guy gets it.  You one of those cop bashers, too?

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not sure what you're getting at.  I'm a veteran and support cops generally.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

I got in EuroDisney by flashing my Diplomatic Passport. Paris Air Show too. OMG.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:37:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This.

I got in EuroDisney by flashing my Diplomatic Passport. Paris Air Show too. OMG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

If Euro Disney and the Paris Air Show give free entry to Diplomats then there is nothing wrong with that.  But what if someone impersonated a diplomat to gain free entry?

Busch Gardens is giving free entry to Active Duty Military. or Actively Drilling reserves only.  If BG gave free entry to retirees, non-drilling reservists, government employees, and contractors then I would have no problem with the individuals actions, in fact I would use my CAC card as identification of my contractor status if I ever visited.

I'm not a lawyer, but the way I read VA law the contractor has committed a Class 5 Felony (if he got free entry for himself and more than 2 family members making the transaction over $200) by defrauding an amusement park through misrepresentation of his status as a active duty member of the military thereby gaining entry without paying.

The idiot then goes on Facebook and brags about committing a felony.

There is an update on the original article.  One of the two people bragging about it has deleted his facebook account. The other one is claiming that the Busch Gardens ticket seller saw his CAC card and told him he got one free entry with his ID.  The section of the VA code I was referring to requires the intent to defraud.  If the BG ticket seller offered the free entry then there probably was no intent to defraud on the part of the contractor.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If Euro Disney and the Paris Air Show give free entry to Diplomats then there is nothing wrong with that.  But what if someone impersonated a diplomat to gain free entry?

Busch Gardens is giving free entry to Active Duty Military. or Actively Drilling reserves only.  If BG gave free entry to retirees, non-drilling reservists, government employees, and contractors then I would have no problem with the individuals actions, in fact I would use my CAC card as identification of my contractor status if I ever visited.

I'm not a lawyer, but the way I read VA law the contractor has committed a Class 5 Felony (if he got free entry for himself and more than 2 family members making the transaction over $200) by defrauding an amusement park through misrepresentation of his status as a active duty member of the military thereby gaining entry without paying.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Are you !OUTRAGED! over it?
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just updated my post above while you were typing this.

Am I outraged, no that's not the word I would use.  But, as a veteran, it does upset me when people misrepresent their military service for financial gain.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Am I outraged, no that's not the word I would use.  But, as a veteran, it does upset me when people misrepresent their military service for financial gain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a veteran, I just don't care about this.  I hope his life isn't ruined over a dumbass mistake.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The idiot then goes on Facebook and brags about committing a felony..
View Quote

There is no evidence he impersonated Active Duty. He saw they gave entry to AD, then showed his CAC card to see if they would extend free entry to him. They did.

I have done similar requests many times. I see sign saying 10% discount to LEO, I ask how about 10% to CHL and show my CHL.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

There is no evidence he impersonated Active Duty. He saw they gave entry to AD, then showed his CAC card to see if they would extend free entry to him. They did.

I have done similar requests many times. I see sign saying 10% discount to LEO, I ask how about 10% to CHL and show my CHL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The idiot then goes on Facebook and brags about committing a felony..

IF he explained he was a contractor that is fine.  From his post on facebook in the article that is linked he was bragging because the people at the gate didn't know the difference between a contractor and active duty CAC card.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top