Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2015 3:18:43 PM EDT
I'm going to be in va in a few weeks, metro area...yuck... and Shenandoah valley area.  My friend who lives down there wants to go shooting, but he only has access to 100 yards.  He has a 338 that he's never shot past 100 yards and I say blasphemy.  I'm also going to bring one of my rifles with me on the trip.

So are there 1k ranges in the area that are open to the public?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that the short answer is no to open to the public for 1000 yd ranges.   Quantico Shooting Club and Peacemaker are about an 1-1.5 hours from NoVA, but both aren't open to the public.  Peacemaker (Just over the border in WV) has Independence Range with a 300 yd steel area that is open to the public.

Patriot Range can go up to 1000yds, but its member only.  http://www.peacemakernational.com/rifleRange  Usually you need to qualify for the 1000 yr range, which is 1MOA at 100 yrd target witnessed by an RO, which can get expensive with 338lm.

Quantico Shooting Club is on the Quantico base, and has limited member hours.

At least take him to Peacemaker, so they can at least get further than 100 yds.

Quoted:
I'm going to be in va in a few weeks, metro area...yuck... and Shenandoah valley area.  My friend who lives down there wants to go shooting, but he only has access to 100 yards.  He has a 338 that he's never shot past 100 yards and I say blasphemy.  I'm also going to bring one of my rifles with me on the trip.

So are there 1k ranges in the area that are open to the public?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I couldn't even see that far, let alone hit anything!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top