Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 11:14:04 AM EDT
Imagine a decent, stand-up citizen (or a hundred) with concealed permits.  That bullshit would have ended quickly on my watch.

For the official record, I will never, ever, ever step foot in that ghetto state again.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I lived on 28th and Calvert for 6 years.

The whole fucking place can burn for all I care.

I hate that shit hole.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#2]
"The crowd of protesters then stopped a blue station wagon carrying a white family as they tried to drive past Pickles, Bullpen and Sliders along a narrow one-way stretch between the bars and the main road. As a horde of them smashed their open and closed fists on the hood of the car—while impeding them by standing in front of them—the driver backed up on the one way pass in a desperate attempt to get out of dodge. Then, stopped on the other side with nowhere to go, protesters ripped open the passenger door of the car and began reaching around inside the vehicle. As hundreds of people looked on, including several police officers who didn’t engage the violent protesters, the white woman in the front seat—middle-aged and a little heavyset with dark hair—was visibly terrified. The group of black men who ripped open the car door suddenly realized they were separated from the larger group of protesters and abandoned their quest to seemingly either carjack the station wagon or rob the people inside in front of hundreds, driving out of the one-way street back onto the main road and presumably out of dodge."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/25/war-zone-baltimore-erupts-into-violence-chaos-as-blacklivesmatter-riots-rage/

Yep, looks like a good 'ole wholesome protest to me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I would have gone to slide lock. Full stop.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#4]
If anything good comes out of this it is this - I use to think people who carried extra magazines were a little "tin foil hat" and were unnecessarily planning for a shootout or something.  I'll admit I was wrong.  I'm now carrying a spare mag.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#5]
This situation needs more Thunder Run, ala Baghdad.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:51:42 AM EDT
[#6]

My wife brought this situation up and I said don't worry, notice how it doesn't happen in places where there is concealed carry?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I was thinking more Arc Light...
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:46:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Peddle is located on the right...
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#9]
The Washington Post published an embarrassing picture of the demonstrators on Friday.
They did NOT post it on their web site.
The mixed race crowd was giving the Fascist salute of Nazi fame.
In the bottom right of the frame was a black hand very clearly exteneded, and numerouse others visible in the crowd.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like its heating things up again - The Mondawmin Mall was closed by 3 p.m. on Monday.

Bricks and pepper spray flowing.  Thugs are hurling and hitting shields.

Streaming on Fox now
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks like its heating things up again - The Mondawmin Mall was closed by 3 p.m. on Monday.

Bricks and pepper spray flowing.  Thugs are hurling and hitting shields.

Streaming on Fox now
View Quote

Yeah!  My very own personal Ferguson only 50 miles away!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hopefully, their "Spaced to Destroy" only extends 49 miles!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Hopefully, their "Spaced to Destroy" only extends 49 miles!

Quoted:

Yeah!  My very own personal Ferguson only 50 miles away!

Well, thank God your store exists.  If they make it to Woodbridge, they won't be happy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#15]
You know the situation isn't good when CNN is asking "Where's the police and National Guard?"
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:23:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You know the situation isn't good when CNN is asking "Where's the police and National Guard?"
View Quote

That's nuts.

I'm watching the CBS Baltimore feed.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/show/cbs-baltimore-live-video/
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My favorite line from a reporter was " where is the mayor, she hasn't tweeted in over three hours!"

Good luck younger folks, you'll need it
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My favorite line from a reporter was " where is the mayor, she hasn't tweeted in over three hours!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen to that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#21]
National Guard called up and call for additional 5000 LEOs from surrounding States/Commonwealths.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
National Guard called up and call for additional 5000 LEOs from surrounding States/Commonwealths.
View Quote

I think a JDAM would be quicker and easier and cheaper and start the renovations
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#24]
A-10 Fairchild.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:45:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If anything good comes out of this it is this - I use to think people who carried extra magazines were a little "tin foil hat" and were unnecessarily planning for a shootout or something.  I'll admit I was wrong.  I'm now carrying a spare mag.
View Quote

These shitheads are cowards, you probably wouldn't need to fire a shot, and almost certainly only a few before they all scattered like cockroaches.  Almost certainly.  

But yeah, you don't want to be rude and not bring enough for everybody.  

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Maybe the MD National Guard has one of these laying around?

http://www.deagel.com/library1/medium/2008/m02008031400001.jpg
View Quote

I am disappointed in you guys. You have a govt. contract and are thinking they might have one laying around , can't you just sell the National Guard one
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:45:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
"The crowd of protesters then stopped a blue station wagon carrying a white family as they tried to drive past Pickles, Bullpen and Sliders along a narrow one-way stretch between the bars and the main road. As a horde of them smashed their open and closed fists on the hood of the car—while impeding them by standing in front of them—the driver backed up on the one way pass in a desperate attempt to get out of dodge. Then, stopped on the other side with nowhere to go, protesters ripped open the passenger door of the car and began reaching around inside the vehicle. As hundreds of people looked on, including several police officers who didn’t engage the violent protesters, the white woman in the front seat—middle-aged and a little heavyset with dark hair—was visibly terrified. The group of black men who ripped open the car door suddenly realized they were separated from the larger group of protesters and abandoned their quest to seemingly either carjack the station wagon or rob the people inside in front of hundreds, driving out of the one-way street back onto the main road and presumably out of dodge."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/25/war-zone-baltimore-erupts-into-violence-chaos-as-blacklivesmatter-riots-rage/

Yep, looks like a good 'ole wholesome protest to me.
View Quote

I have always envisioned this as being what I would want if I were attacked by a mob while trying to escape out of a city by car.

30 rounds w/o a mag change, easy to wield inside of a vehicle, a bullet that will go through car glass, car doors and a badguy or two.
Install a forend strap plus a single-point sling and you have excellent retention.
The muzzle blast itself is an effective flash-bang. Honestly, I got to believe once you started firing this from inside the car, the mob is going to leave you alone.

(not my pic)
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:09:42 AM EDT
[#30]
I say let it burn.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#31]

300 years later, not much has changed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#32]
I like that all parts of Baltimore from the people to the cops to the government have confirmed everything I thought about all of them.

It's nice
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Black mayor, 10 of 15 council members are black, 62% of the city is black, police department consists of a majority of minorities, all relevant positions in police department are black, the chief judge of the criminal docket is black...

Yet every interview last night said is was racism that lead to this.  Everyone saw and heard that.  On the 9 o'clock hour on Fox a group of guys said this is a "wake up call to white suburbia" and they want ""justice" (aka - revenge).

What, EXACTLY, did whitey have to do with this?

I'm not stoking any racial fires, I really want to know what these people think whitey is doing to them.

EDIT: Let me add a few others in.

Secretary of Juvenile Services - black
Sheriff of Baltimore City - black
Police Commissioner - black
Clerk of the Court - black
Director, Dept. Public Safety & Corrections - black
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Sheriff's message about thug culture

This sheriff puts it pretty well.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sheriff's message about thug culture

This sheriff puts it pretty well.
View Quote

Yep, pretty much sums it up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:58:50 PM EDT
[#36]
The guy that died and started all this apparently has a nice long criminal record.  Its good that he is off the streets permanently.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The guy that died and started all this apparently has a nice long criminal record.  Its good that he is off the streets permanently.
View Quote

I'll shed no tears for "Freddy" but we really can't have police officers that think it is OK to abuse a person in custody until they severe his spinal chord.

The cops responsible for this need to be charged.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:57:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'll shed no tears for "Freddy" but we really can't have police officers that think it is OK to abuse a person in custody until they severe his spinal chord.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is exactly that sort of ignorant rush to judgment with little to no knowledge of the actual facts that has lead to these protests.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It is exactly that sort of ignorant rush to judgment with little to no knowledge of the actual facts that has lead to these protests.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once he was in their custody, his welfare was their responsibility. The protests are justified. The violence, looting and arson is not.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Once he was in their custody, his welfare was their responsibility. The protests are justified. The violence, looting and arson is not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still displaying a shocking amount of ignorance.  Just because something happened doesn't mean that it was criminal or that the officers are in any way responsible.  Any immediate rush to judgment on those two issues is incredibly shortsighted and displays a disappointing prejudice.  

The deceased apparently suffered from a severe preexisting spinal injury and recently underwent spinal fusion surgery.  It appears not just possible, but likely, that he struggled with police and caused his own death.

In the absence of evidence of wrongdoing, there should be no criminal charges and your rush to judgment is exactly the sort of behavior that has caused the civil unrest that we are experiencing in Baltimore and other cities.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top