User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2015 4:04:19 PM EDT
Who's making the trip for some jerky?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Me. You going?  I'll look for you.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:39:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes I will be going Friday and maybe Saturday as well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:41:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Drat, thought it was time for the swap meet.  

Heading to Spring Carlisle (car show) Friday so I'll probably attend the gun show Saturday.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there, at the International Police Supply table - late Friday, and almost all of Saturday and Sunday.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll probably stop by on Sunday.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I might have to work late tomorrow (past 2) because a guy just took tomorrow off.  If I go Friday I'll look for ya, otherwise I'll IM you and see if it's worth heading out Sat.

Quoted:
I'll be there, at the International Police Supply table - late Friday, and almost all of Saturday and Sunday.

I sure hope you're going to be working there.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:27:49 AM EDT
[#7]
And again, and again, and again. They may as well open the venue as a over-priced kiosk type place like those antique bazaars.  Nothing special about that show anymore.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Hi all,

I'll be there! I was wondering, if one is selling an AK (GP WASR 10/63 specifically) privately at the show, what one might need to know? The website for the show is remarkably unhelpful on that front.

I've been before, and seen plenty of people carrying around rifles for sale, but am unsure of the process. As you can all agree, it's definitely something I don't want to screw it up. I've looked for private sales information all over (bill of sale, DL, preferably CHP if possible), but haven't found anything specifically related to what Virginia calls "assault firearms."  Thanks for any and all assistance!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hi all,

I'll be there! I was wondering, if one is selling an AK (GP WASR 10/63 specifically) privately at the show, what one might need to know? The website for the show is remarkably unhelpful on that front.

I've been before, and seen plenty of people carrying around rifles for sale, but am unsure of the process. As you can all agree, it's definitely something I don't want to screw it up. I've looked for private sales information all over (bill of sale, DL, preferably CHP if possible), but haven't found anything specifically related to what Virginia calls "assault firearms."  Thanks for any and all assistance!
View Quote

Just so I understand what your asking... Let's say you see me walking around with a rifle on my shoulder with a "For Sale - $800", you want to know how you proceed with the sale while you're at the gun show?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I generally go just to wander around, but don't know if I will have time this weekend.

If anyone happens to see Ruger 22/45 Lite models today and can price them that would be helpful.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Hi all,

View Quote

Just negotiate the price and pay the man.  No ID or receipt is required, but dude selling might want some proof that you are a VA resident or may ask for a CHP to verify you are not prohibited from owning guns.  

Afaik you can make the transaction right on the show floor.  

ETA, Woops, sorry I misunderstood your question, duh.  Good luck w/ the sale.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:24:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just so I understand what your asking... Let's say you see me walking around with a rifle on my shoulder with a "For Sale - $800", you want to know how you proceed with the sale while you're at the gun show?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi all,

Sorry, I realized belatedly that I could have been more specific. I would be the fellow walking around with the rifle on his shoulder.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just negotiate the price and pay the man.  No ID or receipt is required, but dude selling might want some proof that you are a VA resident or may ask for a CHP to verify you are not prohibited from owning guns.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi all,

Sorry, I realized I may not have been entirely clear earlier. I would be the seller, not the buyer, and was inquiring as to what my responsibilities were, if any.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sorry, I realized I may not have been entirely clear earlier. I would be the seller, not the buyer, and was inquiring as to what my responsibilities were, if any.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi all,

Google 'Virginia firearm bill of sale' (example: http://www.virginialegaldefense.com/tempname/120908_PvtHandgunTransferBOS.pdf).  Print it and bring it with you and knock yourself out.  I use my phone take a photo of the completed document afterwards and text it or email it right on the spot to the other party, so they also have a copy for their records.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#15]
That is very smart. I was going to bring two copies, but this is much simpler. Thanks for the assist!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone recall the cost of 9mm ammo for 1000 rounds?  I'm debating on ordering on the internet or going out there tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Hopefully I'll have a few hours to kill there on Saturday.  I'm in the market for a Daniel Defense barrel (10.3).  Will I have many options?  Couple shows ago there was a big dealer on the left that had what looked like a large selection of barrels and handguards, hopefully they'll be there again at least.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/soon-dog-in-the-back-seat.jpg

Woot!  Always a great afternoon of spending money on stuff I really didn't need and hanging out with good people.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#20]
WORST. SHOW. EVER.

I don't even know where to begin.  First, the VCDL booth tells me they can't pass out "Guns save lives" stickers at the show anymore.  I asked why and he said "Sir, we aren't allowed to discuss it".  I sure hope Phillip addresses this via a VA-ALERT, because someone has some 'splainin to do.  Bulldog, do you know anything about this?

And they didn't even have beef jerky!!!

KSG's are still $100+ over MSRP.  Couldn't even find a POS shotgun to turn into an SBS - everything was priced like it had golden components.  Ammo was way, way higher than online.  Looked for a decent quality cheapo magnifier for my son's .22 and found a Firefield 5x for $109, which seemed a little high.  I looked it up on Amazon and it's $55 w/free shipping!  I should have just listened to 1srelluc, it's been going downhill since last spring.  But hey - at least they have jerky I kept telling myself.  So much for that.

DL/TR crowd:  WORST. SHOW. EVER.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Then glad I skipped it again...
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
WORST. SHOW. EVER.

I don't even know where to begin.  First, the VCDL booth tells me they can't pass out "Guns save lives" stickers at the show anymore.  I asked why and he said "Sir, we aren't allowed to discuss it".  I sure hope Phillip addresses this via a VA-ALERT, because someone has some 'splainin to do.  Bulldog, do you know anything about this?

View Quote

Let me check with the leadership on that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Official answer:

"The official answer is that at Dulles gun show.. The stickers not only have ended up being stuck on the floor and in the bathrooms.. They were stuck on the Expo Center managers car. Danny, the gun show coordinator for the vcdl decided to no longer offer stickers as the Expo manager had threatened to 'do something' if there was another sticker incident.. So he decided that it should not come to that point."
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I was there for a couple of hours this afternoon, looking for some 1911 parts (which I found) and also scoping out any pre-war Winchester 94s. Parking was a bitch, but the show itself seemed better than normal. Had a good time, and found some stuff to buy.

Can't ask for more than that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:38:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Official answer:

"The official answer is that at Dulles gun show.. The stickers not only have ended up being stuck on the floor and in the bathrooms.. They were stuck on the Expo Center managers car. Danny, the gun show coordinator for the vcdl decided to no longer offer stickers as the Expo manager had threatened to 'do something' if there was another sticker incident.. So he decided that it should not come to that point."
View Quote

Thanks for looking into it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:59:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I went this afternoon. The show seemed a little different this time. I usually go on Fridays and it has been a while since I have been on a Saturday or a Sunday. First thing I noticed is the parking lot was packed. The crowd inside was good size but not as full as what the parking lot seemed to make it look. I also noticed there seemed to be a lot more stands squeezed in around the front area then I ever remember seeing before. Or maybe the dealers that were in that area just had bigger displays set up.

I was not really looking for any thing but I had a few items I would have picked up if I had found them at a good price. Went home pretty much empty handed. Did not see a single thing I would have bought at a good price.  

I did see one dealer with the new Glock 43. It was OK but not really something I think I would buy. Maybe a used one someday. The crazy thing is the dealer had it listed at $600. Yes that is right....$600 and that was without night sights.

I also noticed there seemed to a lot more powder that I had not seen in the past year. I would say powder selection was the best I have ever seen since buying powder.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I usually drop in with low expectations.  Show met them.  

Seemed like mostly the same vendors and stuff more or less, but the aisles were more crowded, almost like some of them were narrower than in the past.

No complaints.  I pay the price just to fondle some things, but selection of anything not mainstream is poor and prices generally suck.  Whatever.  Still better than a day at work.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:41:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Some space at the back was taken up thanks a new wall at the back for show storage of some sort.  That might explain the tables being jammed in more than usual.  Strangely enough pistol stales seem to be dead but lower end ARs (in our case Bushmaster PD trade ins) have been selling really well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Went Friday afternoon and bought nothing.  Saw a Glock 43 for 460 and a MAK90 with thumbhole stock next to a Maadi with same stock, 1200 each.  I did see somebody wearing a Guns Save Lives sticker...must have been a pre-ban model.  Long lines at the two main reloading powder vendors.  Didn't see any especially good deals on ammo.  Trader Jerry had the largest display and far from the best prices, but business seemed good for them nonetheless. There were a lot of people from Maryland, but maybe there always are and I just happened to notice this time.  Unless I *need* something particular and know how much it would cost online, for comparison, I mainly go for the possibility of finding a screaming deal and to look at Lugers, P-38s, Garands, and other old guns that I know little about, but am interested in seeing.  Not the best show for me this time, but it is close and still a great way to spend an afternoon.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#30]
I went today just to get out of the house, didn't buy a thing. Just took in the clueless folk paying for overpriced magazines and Korean made Glock mags too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Then glad I skipped it again...
View Quote

Didn't even have a thought of going....
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for all the help earlier in the thread. I successfully sold my gently-used WASR, picked up a PPK/S in .22LR for a better price than I could find online, and left the show having made money. I'd say the show was a resounding success, at least from my perspective.

On the other hand, .22LR was still priced ridiculously, and Trader Jerry's took up way too many tables.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the help earlier in the thread. I successfully sold my gently-used WASR, picked up a PPK/S in .22LR for a better price than I could find online, and left the show having made money. I'd say the show was a resounding success, at least from my perspective.

On the other hand, .22LR was still priced ridiculously, and Trader Jerry's took up way too many tables.
View Quote

I bought the worlds most expensive fudge.  ($13 to get in, $6 for the fudge)
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:22:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
And again, and again, and again. They may as well open the venue as a over-priced kiosk type place like those antique bazaars.  Nothing special about that show anymore.
View Quote

I agree. I went but this show has lost its luster.

Also, I am seeing way too much cheap jewelry, fantasy blades and fudge for the price of admission. Especially because I KNOW there are people who want to sell guns who have been waiting for table space to open up.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:25:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anyone recall the cost of 9mm ammo for 1000 rounds?  I'm debating on ordering on the Internet or going out there tomorrow.
View Quote

Sorry for the late response but from the prices I saw at the show, you are still MUCH better off buying case quantities online.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:32:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sorry for the late response but from the prices I saw at the show, you are still MUCH better off buying case quantities online.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone recall the cost of 9mm ammo for 1000 rounds?  I'm debating on ordering on the Internet or going out there tomorrow.

You can lump in magazines too. I suggest making a list of stuff you want to buy, check best prices online and write them down and then go to the gun show to see if you can find a better deal. I did that last year and found a table that had great deals on a Beretta Nano, Glock 19 and PMAGS. I can't remember the vendor's name but I don't think I saw them at the last show.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top