Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2015 10:10:38 PM EDT
I'm heading that way for a long weekend, I know the armory from a trip a few years back and was less than impressed.  Any places down that way that is worth a visit?  I tend to be a c&r guy, so any mil surp tickles my fancy.

I'm not a beach kinda guy, but it's a few days off work, and with family.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:17:58 AM EDT
[#1]
For C&R, your first stop should be:
Tidewater Military Traders
(Classic Firearms STORE ONLY)
1329 Harpers Road
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23454
(757) 425-2827

They will happily accept your C&R. Place has some great stuff. I don't get there very often anymore as my district changed, but it was a rare trip I left empty handed.

Armory is worth a stop usually, they can have some good ammo deals especially if you know their web prices which they will match in store. Usually not a really great gun selection though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:22:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Va Beach expo center will be hosting a gunshow sat and sun.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For C&R, your first stop should be:
Tidewater Military Traders
(Classic Firearms STORE ONLY)
1329 Harpers Road
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23454
(757) 425-2827

They will happily accept your C&R. Place has some great stuff. I don't get there very often anymore as my district changed, but it was a rare trip I left empty handed.

Armory is worth a stop usually, they can have some good ammo deals especially if you know their web prices which they will match in store. Usually not a really great gun selection though.
View Quote

Will google that and go check them out!
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out DOA... nice smaller shop but lots of AR stuff.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#5]
This joint just had a re-opening; pretty nice now.  If you can't find what you're looking for, just ask.  The old shop now is storage space.  TONS of morale patches and they'll trade 1 for 1 if you ask, but they usually won't turn loose of the cool ones behind the counter.  

http://doubletapsurplus.com/

Superior Pawn still kinda gets my vote for a weekly recon.  Lots of stuff there as well; ask if you need something specific.  Colonial Shooting Academy is getting into Guccci-Gear more and more, but you might find something useful.  Always lots of weapons to molest, and the counter help is always ready and willing to assist.  Oceana Pawn is a little on the slim side, but they WILL deal if you have cash in hand.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are going to shoot and take the spousal unit, check out Colonial Shooting Academy.  Very nice, professional facility.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This joint just had a re-opening; pretty nice now.  If you can't find what you're looking for, just ask.  The old shop now is storage space.  TONS of morale patches and they'll trade 1 for 1 if you ask, but they usually won't turn loose of the cool ones behind the counter.  

http://doubletapsurplus.com/

Superior Pawn still kinda gets my vote for a weekly recon.  Lots of stuff there as well; ask if you need something specific.  Colonial Shooting Academy is getting into Guccci-Gear more and more, but you might find something useful.  Always lots of weapons to molest, and the counter help is always ready and willing to assist.  Oceana Pawn is a little on the slim side, but they WILL deal if you have cash in hand.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Just come out of tidewater military.  Picked up a nice swede 96/38 mauser.  Im now $450 poorer  guess one of my m96s will have to go down the road now.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top