Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2015 7:49:48 PM EDT
Hi Virginians!

I'm planning to bring the family to Colonial Wiliamsburg/Busch Gardens in the last week of June.  Can you recommend the best resort/hotel to stay.  2 adults, 3 children total.

I've looked at Great Wolf Lodge and Kingsmill Inn so far.  I'm not concerned about cost, I'd just like the best place with the most amenities for a family, and preferably a place that has shuttle service to CW and BG.

I'd appreciate some suggestions.  If Kingsmill or Great Wolf are the best, that's fine too.  

TYIA
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:17:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Great Wolf Lodge absolutely BLOWS.  Basing this on bad customer experience, will never go back.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback, I'm still checking out places.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great Wolf Lodge absolutely BLOWS.  Basing this on bad customer experience, will never go back.
View Quote

+1

And Great Wolf is way overpriced for what you get.  The restaurant stinks, but there are plenty of places right outside the property.  The kids do love the waterpark, but with Water Country USA nearby, there's even less reason to stay at GW.  And I understand why they do this, given that these indoor pools can be one giant Petri dish, but every time I walked into the pool area at GW, my eyes started watering. They put so much chlorine in the water that a lot seems to evaporate into the ambient air.

I've only stayed at GW and Kinsmill,, and Kingsmill is much nicer.  It is a sprawling property so you don't feel like you're jammed on top of other guests.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#5]
GWL is also very anti-2A
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:30:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hi Virginians!

I'm planning to bring the family to Colonial Wiliamsburg/Busch Gardens in the last week of June.  Can you recommend the best resort/hotel to stay.  2 adults, 3 children total.

I've looked at Great Wolf Lodge and Kingsmill Inn so far.  I'm not concerned about cost, I'd just like the best place with the most amenities for a family, and preferably a place that has shuttle service to CW and BG.

I'd appreciate some suggestions.  If Kingsmill or Great Wolf are the best, that's fine too.  

TYIA
View Quote

Since you say that cost is not a concern, then your best option is the Williamsburg Inn or the Williamsburg Lodge across the street. They are both in Colonial Williamsburg.

GWL = for FSA
Kingsmill? Very pretty, nice amenities, but worn out in many areas. Add paper thin walls and a seeming plurality of guests from NJ and NY and you have a pretty version of utter hell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top