Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2015 9:31:58 AM EDT
Is there a range in VA (preferably on the Eastern side, 95 corridor) where I can test fire suppressors before I commit to buying one?

I have just finished a .300BLK build, and the next logical step is to put a can on it, of course. However, the costs, as we all know are significant, and I am new to the can world. I would like to try a couple before I buy, but don't know of anywhere that has that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is there a range in VA (preferably on the Eastern side, 95 corridor) where I can test fire suppressors before I commit to buying one?

I have just finished a .300BLK build, and the next logical step is to put a can on it, of course. However, the costs, as we all know are significant, and I am new to the can world. I would like to try a couple before I buy, but don't know of anywhere that has that.
View Quote

You will probably have better luck reading reviews and watching YouTube videos than finding someone or company with a collection of cans you can just try on like a pair of jeans.  Yes, a few places have some demo cans, but that doesn't sound like what you are after.

Imagine - Guns a Ammo Warehouse allows me to test fire a Specwar 556.  I love it, but they are asking $850 and I can get it from Silencer Shop for $550.  Add the $550, plus the $200 tax, plus the $75 transfer fee, and I'm at $825 w/shipping, tax, AND THE STAMP.

Not a whole lot of incentive to allow customers to burn through their products, but you'll see some people (Hanson Bros?) that do have a few to test, if I recall correctly.  Yes, it's a Catch-22 - how do you know what you want until you use it?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to Sterling Arsenal. They let me try a few out and they have a range area in the back of the shop.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:55:10 PM EDT
[#3]
what cans are you looking to demo. you are better off asking to demo cans and chipping in a few bucks for gas/time/ammo for somebody to meet you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.

I am mostly interested in the AAC's or others with the 51T mount, since that is what is on my upper already. I will check out Sterling Arms next time I am up in the NOVA area.

If I can't find what I want there, I will see if I can find one in the area I can try.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Give sterling a call. Just be prepared to buy one from them and be a good customer.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:54:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd talk to Immortal Arms.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd talk to Immortal Arms.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Ask around someone has what you want to try and will let you try theirs.

Buy once. Cry once.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I have Thunder Beast and Dead Air demo models coming, hopefully in the next month.  I have several hosts to try as well; a couple of ARs/M16s in 5.56 and 300BLK and bolt guns in 300BLK and 260Rem.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:48:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Wait, Hansohn u do demos? In the backyard?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:51:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait, Hansohn u do demos? In the backyard?
View Quote

It's been known to happen.  For "official" demos, we use a local range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top