Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2015 7:01:40 PM EDT
Looking for someone along the I 81 corridor, between Harrisonburg and Roanoke.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know of anything local to the Shenandoah Valley, but I sent mine to Veritas Engraving

They were able to engrave my trust info on the bevel of the magazine well...

It took exactly one week door to door - and looks great. They can do it in other locations also - I just wanted it out of the way.

Good luck,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I came to post the same question. I'd love to find somewhere local to the NRV Roanoke area or close by. But Messer... that looks really awesome!
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Double tap...
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I would have liked to find a local shop that could do the engraving, but Richmond was the closest I could find.

Dealing with Veritas was easy. I shipped out the lower in a USPS Priority Mail box (the small one is perfect for a AR lower), dropped it of at the P.O. Thurs. afternoon, it went out Fri. morning, and was delivered on Mon.. They had a proof image e-mailed to me on Tues., and I told them to proceed. It was ready to ship back to me on Wed., and at my P.O. on Fri. morning. Total including shipping was $58.44 - it cost a little bit more since I also wanted the caliber engraved on the other side of the mag well...

For the ease of shipping & the quality of work, I'm very pleased.

Take care,
Bob S.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#5]
That's the best engraving I've seen.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks good

Link ?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks good

Link ?
View Quote

2nd post in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#8]
O.. Thought they were in Richmond VA...
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I spoke to someone at Veritas today. Looks like I'm definitely going that route.... I assumed you would have to pay a transfer fee.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I spoke to someone at Veritas today. Looks like I'm definitely going that route.... I assumed you would have to pay a transfer fee.
View Quote

Side note, there is  an engraving place in downtown Christiansburg. To my knowledge, they did or do Alexander Arms engraving.

New River Engraving I believe.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Side note, there is  an engraving place in downtown Christiansburg. To my knowledge, they did or do Alexander Arms engraving.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well.... I'll check them out then! Thanks bro
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 7:43:35 PM EDT
[#12]
http://www.newriverengraving.com/portfolio/

I see a AR there
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

No transfer fee - Veritas holds a FFL, so you are legally able to ship it to them, and they can ship it directly back to you. No other FFL is needed.

Take care,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're next to Macados in the old C'burg mall. I'm going to use them once I get my act together and start my NFA collection.

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Pretty sure that New River only does laser engraving and it has no real depth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top