Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2015 12:22:29 AM EDT
Anyone know anything about Clevengers Corner being built in Jeffersonton or what the impact will be to the area like property values and traffic etc?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:07:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know any details but my neighbors have mentioned it.  We just moved into the area a couple of months ago though.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I know the masses on Facebook are pretty pissed.  Reading through the comments makes my head hurt.

Fauquier Now
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, that's the first I've heard of it.  That's a really nice, pretty area, hate to see 762 new houses built there.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, this will be interesting with regards to traffic.  Hate to see a nice area changed like this.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#5]
This is just one matter in an out of control local  government (the same ones that haven't given up regulating sound after 6PM).  In addition to traffic that has not been thought out, the County's Comprehensive Plan only supports 142 residential units at this site due to existing densities of surrounding properties and available water resources. Additionally, The developer has not made a serious proffer proposal that would cover the cost of this development.  Lastly, Culpeper has a foreclosure rate around 5X higher then the state avg....with a crooked local gov that is hell bent on screwing your property values for many years, why would you even consider this place?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is just one matter in an out of control local  government (the same ones that haven't given up regulating sound after 6PM).  In addition to traffic that has not been thought out, the County's Comprehensive Plan only supports 142 residential units at this site due to existing densities of surrounding properties and available water resources. Additionally, The developer has not made a serious proffer proposal that would cover the cost of this development.  Lastly, Culpeper has a foreclosure rate around 5X higher then the state avg....with a crooked local gov that is hell bent on screwing your property values for many years, why would you even consider this place?
View Quote

The developer put in a water treatment plant, FYI.  However, the traffic will be a bitch and I imagine that for both 17 and 29.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The developer put in a water treatment plant, FYI.  However, the traffic will be a bitch and I imagine that for both 17 and 29.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the update.  I quit following when I realized the BOS was going to push this regardless.  At least someone is now applying pressure.   I am curios what the design capacity is on the WTP vs the projected demand.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks for the update.  I quit following when I realized the BOS was going to push this regardless.  At least someone is now applying pressure.   I am curios what the design capacity is on the WTP vs the projected demand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a depressing situation.  I hunt just south of this place and it's awful to see the exburbs creep and creep.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't know any details but my neighbors have mentioned it.  We just moved into the area a couple of months ago though.
View Quote

Where do you shoot?  I'm not far away and need to knock some rust off on some carbine/pistol drills.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#10]
The developer wants to change the commercial lots to residential to build more houses. I dont expect Clevengers to be developed in the next 20 years.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Lots of issues from this development, but the ultimate is that there are a handful of winners at the expense of everyone else. "analyses continue to indicate that, regardless of a satisfactory Water & Wastewater Agreement and increased cash proffers, the project is destined to produce a negative revenue return for the County, resulting in a net drain on the taxpayer for at least the next 15 years, causing an unwelcome exponential increase in property taxes."

http://www.concernedculpeper.org/newsarchive.html

From my past experience with utilities I believe their water demand calculation is woefully inadequate.  Their standard 300gpd/per home is about 5-10X less then we were seeing for similar irrigated subdivisions in the region.  Get ready for jacked up water rates and restrictions and a long term plan sucking up more $ to run lines from a surface water supply.  

Culpeper already built large shitty McMansions cloned subdivisions that sell for less then 1/2 of what they debuted for, and yet they think Centex is quality products and service? What get's me though is as bad is a few of the BOS members are they usually go unchallenged in the elections......can't even vote out the crooks
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#12]
There's a new development going up on 17, right before before Bealeton as well.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:18:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What get's me though is as bad is a few of the BOS members are they usually go unchallenged in the elections......can't even vote out the crooks
View Quote
I'm with you, there's only one member on the board I trust.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude, you are totally sacking my moxie.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have more bad news.  North on 29, just north of the 17/29 intersection, that 160 acre parcel of forest just sold to a developer.  Sorry, man.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The developer wants to change the commercial lots to residential to build more houses. I dont expect Clevengers to be developed in the next 20 years.
View Quote

You are using good judgement in the interest of the community, the BOS has not.  I've dealt with national home builders up North that built infrastructure and only had maybe 25% occupancy for years and could not give receivership to the utilities due to the many uncorrected issues.  It became a huge inefficiency as well as public health matter.  At least in those projects the county made sure they weren't losing $ and numbers weren't under-calculated to overlook sustainability issues.  I seriously think it's time to bring pitch forks to the BOS meeting.   If only I could tell the audience about a few of these despicable public officials.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the feedback....  I've been doing some poking around since I'm planning to move to the area.  Seems like Pulte is trying to renege on the commercial part of the development they had originally submitted application for back in 2004/5.  Commercial areas cost more to build than residential and are less profitable. The BOS is going to have do some serious soul searching and do right by the citizens instead of making Pulte and whom ever more money at the expense of the tax payers.   I hope that since the original development plan is out the window that the BOS will take advantage of their 2nd chance to do the right thing and slow Pulte's roll.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Jumping on this one now.  In the Tidewater area, a huge outlet mall is going up close to my house.  VB/Norfolk made some bastard deal to split property lines and such so that both may benefit.  It's south of the airport and is going up on a nice golf course.  The only tangible benefit I see is a small strip of people at the fringe of the airport crash zone are finally going to get city water and sewer- if they can stomach the prices.  

I see more traffic, more congestion, more cars, more hyped advertising, more vehicles, more trucks, more minivans, more SUV's, more delivery trucks...  More damn things on two wheels and four clogging up my roads.  I firmly believe all those acres pavement and roof will affect my local microclimate for the worse as well.  Just got my new assessment and I see land values are up 13K.  It's also fishy land values are up when VB city council seems poised to fund some new mega-arena for a pie-in-the-sky  sports team yet unannounced.

I've seen this NW corner of VB overturned for every damn high-density housing project they can possibly fit in in the past decade or so.  Only the housing bubble crash slowed things down a bit; times seem to have improved by the look of things.

I feel your pain, brother- I really do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top