Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:55:26 AM EDT
[#1]
lol

Good luck WCK3

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sorry, who are you (I don't keep track of online names)? If you want your serial numbers, PM me and I'll be happy to give you that information. I don't recall talking to you via email or phone, but I could be mistaken.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it too much to ask for a few lousy serial numbers for the cans that I sent you thousands of dollars for?  I spent months asking for serial numbers to verify and you wouldn't even provide that.  If you feel that is "hand holding," so be it.  Most of us expect basic customer service when we shell out hundreds or thousands of dollars, often times over the phone or through the mail.  I guess this thread is positive for you - you won't have to worry about all us needy customers who expect even a minimal level of customer service.  

I don't think anybody here is a fan of the ATF, but you can't keep blaming the ATF for your own failings.  Do some introspection and acknowledge your own self-failings instead of always blaming others.

I'm sorry, who are you (I don't keep track of online names)? If you want your serial numbers, PM me and I'll be happy to give you that information. I don't recall talking to you via email or phone, but I could be mistaken.
Too late.  I had to file a complaint with the Attorney General's office to get a refund.  I gave Mark a lot of benefit of the doubt over 11 months but he was either unwilling or incapable of providing me serial numbers.  THe only time Mark would even respond to me is when I threatened to post about my experience on this forum and other places.  I checked multiple times with the ATF only to be told there were no Form 4s filed under my trust name.  

So, what would you think if you'd sent Mark a couple thousand dollars for a couple cans and 11 months later you can't even get a lousy serial number to verify proof of life?  On top of that, when you do get a response (a very cryptic one at that), you call the ATF and they contradict what he's told you.  I don't expect to see a copy of the Form 4, but everyone knows that the serial number is the basis by which to verify status.  I actually would have believed his story about the ATF if he had provided me serial numbers.  But when he's evasive and unresponsive, provides false or incorrect information, and he won't even provide basic information about the products that I purchased, it's easy to form a conclusion (whether true or not) that I won't see my purchase or my money again.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:03:34 AM EDT
[#3]
So you were refunded? Problem solved.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

So you were refunded? Problem solved.
View Quote
Just had to quote this little Customer Service nugget.

The 'problem' wasnt the customer and getting a refund, it was the lack of communication after funds were exchanged.

But youre right, I dont know what Im talking about...

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:09:48 AM EDT
[#5]
So, you do know who I am and you didn't direct them to me? You proved my point...

How's that for a nugget? Looks like your integrity is the one in question.... If this process weeds out people like you, I'm okay with that.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

So, you do know who I am and you didn't direct them to me? You proved my point...

How's that for a nugget? Looks like your integrity is the one in question.... If this process weeds out people like you, I'm okay with that.
View Quote
I have no idea who that guy is...  BUT I READ HIS WHOLE POST! Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see what his problem was and why he was upset.

lmao...  Keep digging; its working out so well for you so far.    

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:17:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

But thanks for making my points for me.  Still seems as if that business is more interested in playing the blame game than it is in making their customers whole.  which really sucks for you WCK3 because you were hired to be a 'smith/shop guy, not a PR consultant.  

View Quote

This ^^ You proved my point.

Or, the alternative (playing devil's advocate), you don't know me or the issue(s) at all and are talking out of your backside.

Which is it?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Or, the alternative (playing devil's advocate), you don't know me or the issue(s) at all and are talking out of your backside.

Which is it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But thanks for making my points for me.  Still seems as if that business is more interested in playing the blame game than it is in making their customers whole.  which really sucks for you WCK3 because you were hired to be a 'smith/shop guy, not a PR consultant.  

Which is it?

Oh please, you have missed every single fucking point in this entire thread.

Have a good day  

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I have no dog in this fight, but as a fellow Virginian and a business man, I have read this whole thread and see the same recurring issue as other posters. Besides the lack of communication, follow up and interactions noted by customers (an issue on its own), the comments and replies from the company representative do not seem to be in the best taste. To honestly say you are too "busy" to send a serial number or a copy of their forms (which in fact more time has probably been wasted posting on here by the company than actually handling the issue) and that this helps to "weed out" the customers you dont want, is an extremely unhealthy business practice, IMO. Especially in todays world of forums (like this one as well as VAGT), and social media, can destroy a businesses reputation fast. Reputation and customer service is everything for a small business, and I see a deficiency in both from this thread.  To state that you are too busy to service your customers. which is what you are in business TO DO, is ridiculous.  Our company services the largest wireless provider in the US, has 38 employees, and covers 5 states. I can not tell my customer that I am too "busy". This is what they pay us/me for. To not be able to respond to your customers, even a simple "I will find out and let you know", is unacceptable IMO. So what if they take a few minutes of your day, thats what youre there to do. Between 38 employees, schedules, fleet vehicles, HR, databases, financials, etc., I could easily tell any customer, or employee, that Im "too busy", but thats not how business works. To me, it seems to be an issue of: organization, lack of detail, customer service, direction or just simply zero fucks given. In such a small industry, and given the alway impending doom and gloom of the government, I would expect a business in this industry to be buttoned up and on their A game given the proverbial axe that could be dropped an any given time and change the whole dynamics and landscape of your industry and business.  

Again, this is just my opinion. What would I know with a small business that does over 7 mil a year, 38 employees and services 5 states
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

I left multiple voicemails and e-mails on the number and e-mail address listed on the Immortal Arms website and as I said before, the only time Mark responded was when I threatened to go public.  

It seems ridiculous that your expectation is that jmb_nova should somehow be resolving these communications issues for you.  My expectation is that if Mark is too busy to handle it that he delegate the matter to you by forwarding you my e-mails and voicemails.  As best as I can determine, that never happened.  I'm a pretty patient guy, but when I don't get a response to mulitple e-mails and phone calls over many weeks and months, I get frustrated.  And when I did get a response, it never included the information I asked for.  The most complete response I got was a simple "Yes they're filed."  But he would not or could not provide me serial numbers.  When I called the ATF several months later, they had no record of filings in my trust name.  I notified Mark of this and asked for the serial numbers to confirm that cans in my name even existed.  He never once was willing to provide this information.  If you were in my circumstances, what would you think?  

I can appreciate that you may want to do the right thing now, but you also need to appreciate that there are a lot of us who have had very negative experiences with your company.  Acting like the problem doesn't exist and attacking us for sharing our negative experiences only makes it worse.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:19:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Look, I can't make everyone happy and I'm not going to try.
View Quote

Who needs happy customers?

Not you guys, apparently.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I honestly think they was just running scams.  They would absolutely not give me serial numbers no matter what.  The only answer to that is they never had them and just took people's money.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have no dog in this fight, but as a fellow Virginian and a business man, I have read this whole thread and see the same recurring issue as other posters. Besides the lack of communication, follow up and interactions noted by customers (an issue on its own), the comments and replies from the company representative do not seem to be in the best taste. To honestly say you are too "busy" to send a serial number or a copy of their forms (which in fact more time has probably been wasted posting on here by the company than actually handling the issue) and that this helps to "weed out" the customers you dont want, is an extremely unhealthy business practice, IMO. Especially in todays world of forums (like this one as well as VAGT), and social media, can destroy a businesses reputation fast. Reputation and customer service is everything for a small business, and I see a deficiency in both from this thread.  To state that you are too busy to service your customers. which is what you are in business TO DO, is ridiculous.  Our company services the largest wireless provider in the US, has 38 employees, and covers 5 states. I can not tell my customer that I am too "busy". This is what they pay us/me for. To not be able to respond to your customers, even a simple "I will find out and let you know", is unacceptable IMO. So what if they take a few minutes of your day, thats what youre there to do. Between 38 employees, schedules, fleet vehicles, HR, databases, financials, etc., I could easily tell any customer, or employee, that Im "too busy", but thats not how business works. To me, it seems to be an issue of: organization, lack of detail, customer service, direction or just simply zero fucks given. In such a small industry, and given the alway impending doom and gloom of the government, I would expect a business in this industry to be buttoned up and on their A game given the proverbial axe that could be dropped an any given time and change the whole dynamics and landscape of your industry and business.  

Again, this is just my opinion. What would I know with a small business that does over 7 mil a year, 38 employees and services 5 states
View Quote

I see what you're saying, but sometimes I don't have the serial numbers and neither does Mark.... If a customer buys a can and we pay the distributor for the can, the distributor submits a Form 3 to transfer it to the dealer. Until that Form 3 is approved, I don't know what the serial number is, and even if I did, I can't file a Form 4 until the Form 3 is complete and it's "on inventory" according to the NFRTR. Some of the problems stem from Form 3 issues... No matter how many times I explain that to some of these former customers (and other people), that just doesn't seem to be understood. Furthermore, if I did have the serial number and I gave it to the customer (without an approved Form 3), it will return a "No Record" at the NFA Branch because it technically doesn't belong to that person, nor is it in the system as being processed for that person.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I left multiple voicemails and e-mails on the number and e-mail address listed on the Immortal Arms website and as I said before, the only time Mark responded was when I threatened to go public.  

It seems ridiculous that your expectation is that jmb_nova should somehow be resolving these communications issues for you.  My expectation is that if Mark is too busy to handle it that he delegate the matter to you by forwarding you my e-mails and voicemails.  As best as I can determine, that never happened.  I'm a pretty patient guy, but when I don't get a response to mulitple e-mails and phone calls over many weeks and months, I get frustrated.  And when I did get a response, it never included the information I asked for.  The most complete response I got was a simple "Yes they're filed."  But he would not or could not provide me serial numbers.  When I called the ATF several months later, they had no record of filings in my trust name.  I notified Mark of this and asked for the serial numbers to confirm that cans in my name even existed.  He never once was willing to provide this information.  If you were in my circumstances, what would you think?  

I can appreciate that you may want to do the right thing now, but you also need to appreciate that there are a lot of us who have had very negative experiences with your company.  Acting like the problem doesn't exist and attacking us for sharing our negative experiences only makes it worse.
View Quote

My point was that if JMB was indeed interested in seeing resolution for people, not pouring gas on the fire, he would have referred them to contact me (since he knew I was the POC). Instead, he didn't, which proves that he had no interest in seeing someone try to resolve the problem, but would rather see the problem turn into a s-storm. I never claimed problems didn't exist and I have not attacked any of you, simply made my point from my own perspective and correcting misinformation (there's plenty of it). If me correcting misinformation is seen as "attacking for sharing negative experiences", then we are having a communication problem and I don't know how to fix it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#15]
There's a Facebook group dedicated to NFA stuff, if you go on there, you will see other examples of other dealers around the country having problems with both the NFA branch and with distributors (which presumably is a problem with the NFA branch processing F3's).

I've said my piece. Look, if someone wants me to look into something, contact me on here and I'll try to track down your stuff and give you a status update. If Mark hasn't responded to your inquiries, I apologize. If he did respond and you didn't like the answer, I don't know what to say. If you'd like to know where you are in the process or if I called on your items (and when), I'll be happy to provide that.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought a can in a group buy in the beginning of 2014 and we use IA with no issues. There was a lag time from Gemtech to IA but we attributed this to SHOT show. I agree that handing over 800 dollars with nothing to prove/show for it can be a bit nerve racking, but anyone that wants to get a NFA item has to expect it to be a slow process.

I bugged the guy that headed the group buy for 6 weeks before I received my Form 4 and all the coordinating instructions from Mark. Once I had it all filled out(form 4 individual) I definitely made sure to make copies of the form 4 and I wrote down the serial number that was listed on the form 4 in the event that I lost my copies. I mailed the package back off with the tax and less than a week later, my check was cashed by the ATF while I was attending a local school on quantico. 7 months later I got my email to come get my can. Mark installed the mount for me for the quick disconnect(before my AR tinkering days) at no charge and I was off with my new can. So I can say I had a pretty smooth/painless buy from Mark.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I see what you're saying, but sometimes I don't have the serial numbers and neither does Mark.... If a customer buys a can and we pay the distributor for the can, the distributor submits a Form 3 to transfer it to the dealer. Until that Form 3 is approved, I don't know what the serial number is, and even if I did, I can't file a Form 4 until the Form 3 is complete and it's "on inventory" according to the NFRTR. Some of the problems stem from Form 3 issues... No matter how many times I explain that to some of these former customers (and other people), that just doesn't seem to be understood. Furthermore, if I did have the serial number and I gave it to the customer (without an approved Form 3), it will return a "No Record" at the NFA Branch because it technically doesn't belong to that person, nor is it in the system as being processed for that person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand that but nothing takes away from the lack of comms on IA's part and it's a common theme with IA, one that I experienced myself (because of said communication problems, I purchased two suppressors from elsewhere; two email threads with IA went suddenly dark).  You guys need to fix that.

Oh yeah, Marine here too.  That seems to matter in this thread but it shouldn't.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top