Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2015 8:23:12 PM EDT
From Philip Van Cleave - We're done - 100% sweep! No gun bills made it thru today..
HB 1604, Plum, "gun show loophole" - killed!
HB 1671, Simon, one handgun a month - killed!
HB 1548, Hope, takes away gun rights for delinquent child support payments - killed!
HB 1864, Rasoul, gun shows to provide list of all vendors to state police - killed!
HB 1923, Murphy, "universal background checks" - killed!
HB 2085, Murphy, misdemeanors take away gun rights - killed!
HB 1904, Lopez, 4-year-olds not to shoot BB guns even if parent supervising- killed!
HB 1909, Lopez, magazine ban >20 rounds- killed!
HB 1997, Morrissey, one handgun a month - killed!
HB 2232, Surovell, ammunition ban for mental health commitment - killed!
HB 1801, Spruill, gun show private seller cannot say "no background checks." - killed!

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Great job

+1 on joining VCDL
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great job

+1 on joining VCDL
View Quote

Agreed!

EDIT:  And we need our own logo next to the NRA eagle.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:23:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Great job VCDL! Your little brother here in West Virginny, WVCDL, is making great progress once again this year as well.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:10:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Agreed!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great job

+1 on joining VCDL

Agreed!

That's not a bad idea!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:17:00 AM EDT
[#7]
VCDL, the gold standard for gun rights advocates.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:18:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome job guys!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#9]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:53 PM

ACTION ITEM: We need to kill Senator Favola's misdemeanors take away gun-rights bill!
ACTION ITEM: We need to support some gun bills in the House 4.  Some pro-gun bills pass the Senate and head to the House

ACTION ITEM: We need to kill Senator Favola's misdemeanors take away gun-rights bill!

I have finally seen the new wording on Senator Favola's misdemeanors take away gun-rights bill, SB 943, and it is NOT good.  This is the bill that was brought back from the dead, highly modified, and passed out of committee.  It is going to the Finance Committee, where it could be killed based on funding.  If it survives the Finance Committee, it will then head to the Senate Floor for a vote.

Let's get cracking to stop this bad bill in its tracks!

Click here to send a message to your Senator to kill SB 943:

http://tinyurl.com/ppc7x6b

ACTION ITEM: We need to support some gun bills in the House

We need to tell our Delegates to support the remaining key pro-gun bills in the House.  Click here to do so:

http://tinyurl.com/lol5krw
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#10]
But but but, GD was telling me Va was all but lost and NY style gun control was coming to Va.

Good Job VCDL. Sad that McAwful won't sign anything good, but at least he won't be signing anything bad.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I just realized my membership expired a couple months ago. FIXED
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just realized my membership expired a couple months ago. FIXED
View Quote

Crap - I just looked, too.  I had totally forgot, but it looks like I'm good through 9/30/2015.  Card check, everyone!  
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank you all for renewing.

We need to swell our ranks though.

Talk to your fellow gun owners, tell them what VCDL is doing, and compel them to join us in this fight!

I have signed up 4 new people in the past 3 months.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
VCDL, the gold standard for gun rights advocates.
View Quote

Here Here!
May not make any functions, but I am a member/
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Got a canned response from Garret from one of my emails stating he supports the 2nd blah blah blah.

I don't think he will screw us over, but irritating that he doesn't answer the VCDL questionnaire.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 3:13:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Friend of mine sent me this.  I think he wanted to raise my BP.  No idea what the source was, but much derp.
Sen. Janet Howell (D-Reston) says that the commonwealth is heading in the wrong direction when it comes to gun control measures in Virginia.
“Gun safety measures were defeated in close, almost party line, votes,” Howell said about last week in the current Virginia General Assembly in an email to constituents.
“Sadly, we continue to go backwards on reasonable gun safety measures. Closing the gun show loophole was defeated. My bill prohibiting the possession of firearms by those charged with family violence failed. Also defeated was reinstating the ‘one gun a month’ limit on gun purchases.”
“When in effect, that limitation had effectively stopped Virginia from being the gun running capital of the East Coast. A bill to allow guns on school property passed through committee. Another bill to let concealed weapons permit holders purchase lifetime permits also passed through committee. It is still possible that some of the reckless bills may be defeated during the legislative process. It is not possible that the reasonable gun safety bills (that are supported by almost 90 percent of voters) will pass.”
Howell was the chief patron on SB 909, which prohibits a person who is subject to a protective order from possessing a firearm. Under currently laws, such person is only prohibited from purchasing or transporting a firearm and such conduct is punishable as a Class 1 misdemeanor.
The bill was defeated 10-4 in the Courts of Justice Committee on Jan. 26.
Said Howell: “During the debate on the gun bills we consistently heard testimony from the NRA and Citizens Defense League on one side and, on the other side, State Police, local police, Commonwealth Attorneys, police benevolent societies, victims groups, Chiefs of Police, and — poignantly — family members of victims of gun violence. Needless to say, the NRA and CDL always prevailed.”
Efforts to repeal the medically unnecessary ultrasound procedure prior to an abortion failed. So did efforts to remove the 24 hour waiting period after the ultrasound procedure.
Another Howell bill, SJ213 proposed the repeal of the constitutional amendment, approved by referendum in 2006, that defines marriage as a union between one man and one woman and prohibits the Commonwealth from recognizing same-sex marriage.
That bill again failed on a party line vote. However, Howell says there is the “remote possibility that a bill prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation may pass the Senate.”
In her email, Howell also expressed disappointment over laws she supported once again not passing committees.
Among them:
Several bills aimed at allowing local school boards to determine their own calendar, which sailed again, meaning schools cannot open before Labor Day unless they get a weather related exemption.
“I support letting the local school boards set their own opening date,” says Howell. “However, the tourism industry always defeats the bills.”
Howell says she also supports bills, still in committee, that allow parents to purchase cannabis oil for their children with rare and severe forms of epilepsy. On the House side, Howell’s counterpart, Ken Plum (D-Reston) is the chief patron of a similar bill currently in the Courts of Justice committee.
“I strongly support the bill and really don’t understand the objections,” said Howell. “The children are having dozens, sometimes hundreds, of seizures a day and some seizures are causing brain damage. Because Virginia does not allow use of medical marijuana oils, some families are leaving the state at great personal and professional cost and others are probably breaking the law to help their children. Sometimes I feel we are losing compassion with our inflexible policies to fight drug use.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Did anything happen with the tannerite bill yet? I know the other thread stated it wasn't likely going to get anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:38:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks and good job guys.  This was a good reminder for me to renew my membership!
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Friend of mine sent me this.  I think he wanted to raise my BP.  No idea what the source was, but much derp.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sen. Janet Howell (D-Reston) says that the commonwealth is heading in the wrong direction when it comes to gun control measures in Virginia.
“Gun safety measures were defeated in close, almost party line, votes,” Howell said about last week in the current Virginia General Assembly in an email to constituents.
“Sadly, we continue to go backwards on reasonable gun safety measures. Closing the gun show loophole was defeated. My bill prohibiting the possession of firearms by those charged with family violence failed. Also defeated was reinstating the ‘one gun a month’ limit on gun purchases.”
“When in effect, that limitation had effectively stopped Virginia from being the gun running capital of the East Coast. A bill to allow guns on school property passed through committee. Another bill to let concealed weapons permit holders purchase lifetime permits also passed through committee. It is still possible that some of the reckless bills may be defeated during the legislative process. It is not possible that the reasonable gun safety bills (that are supported by almost 90 percent of voters) will pass.”
Howell was the chief patron on SB 909, which prohibits a person who is subject to a protective order from possessing a firearm. Under currently laws, such person is only prohibited from purchasing or transporting a firearm and such conduct is punishable as a Class 1 misdemeanor.
The bill was defeated 10-4 in the Courts of Justice Committee on Jan. 26.
Said Howell: “During the debate on the gun bills we consistently heard testimony from the NRA and Citizens Defense League on one side and, on the other side, State Police, local police, Commonwealth Attorneys, police benevolent societies, victims groups, Chiefs of Police, and — poignantly — family members of victims of gun violence. Needless to say, the NRA and CDL always prevailed.”
Efforts to repeal the medically unnecessary ultrasound procedure prior to an abortion failed. So did efforts to remove the 24 hour waiting period after the ultrasound procedure.
Another Howell bill, SJ213 proposed the repeal of the constitutional amendment, approved by referendum in 2006, that defines marriage as a union between one man and one woman and prohibits the Commonwealth from recognizing same-sex marriage.
That bill again failed on a party line vote. However, Howell says there is the “remote possibility that a bill prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation may pass the Senate.”
In her email, Howell also expressed disappointment over laws she supported once again not passing committees.
Among them:
Several bills aimed at allowing local school boards to determine their own calendar, which sailed again, meaning schools cannot open before Labor Day unless they get a weather related exemption.
“I support letting the local school boards set their own opening date,” says Howell. “However, the tourism industry always defeats the bills.”
Howell says she also supports bills, still in committee, that allow parents to purchase cannabis oil for their children with rare and severe forms of epilepsy. On the House side, Howell’s counterpart, Ken Plum (D-Reston) is the chief patron of a similar bill currently in the Courts of Justice committee.
“I strongly support the bill and really don’t understand the objections,” said Howell. “The children are having dozens, sometimes hundreds, of seizures a day and some seizures are causing brain damage. Because Virginia does not allow use of medical marijuana oils, some families are leaving the state at great personal and professional cost and others are probably breaking the law to help their children. Sometimes I feel we are losing compassion with our inflexible policies to fight drug use.”

What a stupid bitch.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sen. Janet Howell (D-Reston) ...Said Howell: “During the debate on the gun bills we consistently heard testimony from the NRA and Citizens Defense League on one side and, on the other side, State Police, local police, Commonwealth Attorneys, police benevolent societies, victims groups, Chiefs of Police, and — poignantly — family members of victims of gun violence. Needless to say, the NRA and CDL always prevailed.”

Hold the phone here.

If people are lobbying from a government position, isn't that illegal?

TR
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#21]
All these actions are defensive in nature (regarding gun rights). As long as the pro-gun side is on the defensive, the antigunners set the agenda.

How about introducing a bill to repeal the outdated, redundant, and senseless Virginia Uniform Machine Gun Act?

How about CLEO shall-sign legislation for ATF applications?

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
All these actions are defensive in nature (regarding gun rights). As long as the pro-gun side is on the defensive, the antigunners set the agenda.

How about introducing a bill to repeal the outdated, redundant, and senseless Virginia Uniform Machine Gun Act?

View Quote

Like This
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

There were progun legislation but they didn't make it far.  To be fair, we've had to take some defensive posturing with years of political and public opinion attacks this Administration has waged on the 2A and it's supporters.  Obama set an agenda to ID groups make them a strawman then drum up special attention for these so called clingers, rural folks, crazy vets, etc ...that crap has only recently worn off and unarmed people are starting to see the brutal violence brewing and volatility that can happen even here.  Right now we need to appeal to those that may know little of guns and aren't hardcore about wanting full autos.  We need to convey first and foremost we are everyday people and you should be able to own and use a gun without stigmas or unconstitutional legalities.  We will have better times to champion a lot more advanced progun stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top