Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2015 11:41:45 AM EDT
Just saw a photo of Philip Van Cleave and you can clearly see a document about Tannerite.  Is this being discussed at this Legislative session or is he part of some group buy.  

Link in case the embedded photo isn't working.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/image/1_262015_virginia-legislature-2-28201jpg/

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#1]
HB 1426 Explosive materials; use near dwelling house prohibited, penalty.
Daniel W. Marshall, III (by request)
Summary as introduced:
Use of explosive material near dwelling house; penalty. Provides that any person who intentionally detonates an explosive material by means of a firearm within one mile of a dwelling house is guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor.

Full text:
12/23/14  House: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/14/15 15101985D  pdf | impact statement

12/23/14  House: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/14/15 15101985D
12/23/14  House: Referred to Committee for Courts of Justice
01/13/15  House: Assigned Courts sub: Criminal Law
01/19/15  House: Subcommittee recommends laying on the table by voice vote

VCDL Comments
This bill prohibits the use of exploding targets for firearms within one mile of a dwelling with a penalty of a Class 3 misdemeanor. This solution in search of a problem would pretty much eliminate the use of these otherwise perfectly legal and fun targets in the Commonwealth. Bill is being withdrawn by Delegate Danny Marshall.   Strongly opposed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#2]
The bill proposes to ban Tannerite use with one mile of any dwelling?

A mile?

Good Lord.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:13:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A mile?

Good Lord.
View Quote

I live in a small county and seriously do not believe I could get a mile from anyone.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the updates.   I assume 01/19/15  House: Subcommittee recommends laying on the table by voice vote means that it died or will die.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm surprised it was ever allowed.

With that said.. I hope this bill fails
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:21:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Im pretty sure its because of people like that guy somewhere around chester that was blowing large quantities of it last year.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Im pretty sure its because of people like that guy somewhere around chester that was blowing large quantities of it last year.
View Quote

Haha I was there, it was a blast! Although I'd never endorse it myself.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:17:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A mile?

Good Lord.
View Quote

That is basically a way to ban it, without banning it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top