Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2015 9:31:25 AM EDT
I had my SBR lower done yesterday at Photon engraving in Manassas. They did a great job. Looks great and did it really quick. Great price. Disassembled the lower and assembled it too. He even made the engraved area black after he did the engraving. I would HIGHLY recommend them and I will definitely do business in the future for another SBR.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#1]
How much did they charge?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Cost?  Is it appointment only?  How long does it take?

PICS?

Quoted:
I had my SBR lower done yesterday at Photon engraving in Manassas. They did a great job. Looks great and did it really quick. Great price. Disassembled the lower and assembled it too. He even made the engraved area black after he did the engraving. I would HIGHLY recommend them and I will definitely do business in the future for another SBR.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I am sure he would prefer appointments. You would have to call him. $95.00 is the charge and it took an hour. Good guy. Give him a buzz. I will post pictures later.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Great..  thanks for the info.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am sure he would prefer appointments. You would have to call him. $95.00 is the charge and it took an hour. Good guy. Give him a buzz. I will post pictures later.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used him twice and will never use him again. Did some pretty shitty work for me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I used Veritas Machine. They use laser engraving and cut it to NFA specs of .003 deep. Turn around time from when I dropped it off at USPS to getting it back at home was 6 days. Total charge was $45.00  plus my $5.50 to send it to them. Turned out very well and I would use them again.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have used him twice and will never use him again. Did some pretty shitty work for me.
View Quote

We like to see pictures of shitty work too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#8]
That looks really nice, good price too

Quoted:
I used Veritas Machine. They use laser engraving and cut it to NFA specs of .003 deep. Turn around time from when I dropped it off at USPS to getting it back at home was 6 days. Total charge was $45.00  plus my $5.50 to send it to them. Turned out very well and I would use them again.

http://<a href=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Kimbershooter/Engraved%20lower_name%20blacked_zps5ej5savl.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I used him once and had a great turnout.  I needed a place that 1) took appointments, and 2) could do it quickly while I waited.  My lower was stripped.  Here is a pic - the gun is a little dirty, so there is some crud in the lettering.  It's not the engraving.

What did you have done and how bad was it?  I have another lower I was going to get done this week!

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#10]
On an AR lower half of the engraving isn't to depth and it's very hard to read.

On an AK he started to engrave the info upside down and crooked. Luckily it's in front of the magwell and not super visible but WTF. Upside down and ran off the end of the receiver. Never use him again. Jeff May of US tactical gets all my work now and his work looks factory, can't even tell it wasn't bought that way. He has a much better machine, does it while you wait, and has way more engraving options. And he's cheaper!!!!! F Photon engraving.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

On an AK he started to engrave the info upside down and crooked. Luckily it's in front of the magwell and not super visible but WTF. Upside down and ran off the end of the receiver. Never use him again. Jeff May of US tactical gets all my work now and his work looks factory, can't even tell it wasn't bought that way. He has a much better machine, does it while you wait, and has way more engraving options. And he's cheaper!!!!! F Photon engraving.
View Quote

Damn, sorry to hear that Nick. Guess I will reconsider using him again.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

double post. Apologies.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:59:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine wasnt that bad; however it is definately crooked. Plus $90 is very expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top