Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2015 8:42:37 AM EDT
Were FULL! !! Surprised, even saw a few cases of .22 in the 333 packs. Stopped by the one on RT 1 next to the costco. On the plane at raegan now, F this traffic, haha.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a rough neighborhood even.

Actually NOT part of the City of Alexandria, even though it is often referred to as "Alexandria" due to the fact that the US Post Office designates that zip code (22306) as "Alexandria."

Its actually the "Gum Springs" neighborhood of Fairfax County.
http://www.virginia.org/Listings/CulturalHeritage/GumSpringsHistoricalSocietyandMuseum/

The amount of misspellings on the web reference is kind of sad.

Gum Springs is the oldest African American Community in Fairfax County, formaly established in 1833. West Ford, a former slave, founded the community after being freed by George Washington.

Located close to the Mount Vernon Estate,the community was a sanctuary for freedmen and runaways. Samuel Taylor, a runnaway slave established the first institution in Gum Springs, The Bethlehem Baptist church. Assisted by Quakers, the first school was established at Bethlehem. The Gum Springs Historical Society And Museum was established to preserve and disseminate the history of the Gum Springs Community. Many activites, including exhibits and lecturers at the Gum Springs Museum ccelebrate the triumph of this historic black community. Today, Gum Springs has more than 2,500 residents, up to 500 descended from the original families.
View Quote

There is no Walmart in the actual City of Alexandria.

In fact, I'm fairly sure there is no storefront business whatsoever remaining in the City of Alexandria, where one can walk in and buy ammunition, let alone any sort of firearm.

I miss this campy old place.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Full Metal Jacket still exists, it's just off Duke St. now, and The Trophy Room does transfers in a basement on Fairfax St.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Trophy Room does transfers in a basement on Fairfax St.

View Quote

Does The Trophy Room use the upstairs of the Fairfax St. property as a warehouse for the dildo store (Le Tache) on King Street?

Full Metal Jacket isn't selling any guns or ammo are they?
Their eBay store at http://www.ebay.com/sch/fullmetaljacketmilitaria/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1 is pretty representative of the WTF selection of useless and unwanted stuff they sell. I find it hard to believe that they can cover business expenses on that crap. Which does make you wonder.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Does The Trophy Room use the upstairs of the Fairfax St. property as a warehouse for the dildo store (Le Tache) on King Street?

Their eBay store at http://www.ebay.com/sch/fullmetaljacketmilitaria/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1 is pretty representative of the WTF selection of useless and unwanted stuff they sell. I find it hard to believe that they can cover business expenses on that crap. Which does make you wonder.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Trophy Room does transfers in a basement on Fairfax St.

The upstairs is office space.  He charges $50 per transfer, so I haven't been there in a while.  I'd rather spend 30 min and go to Quantico Tactical for cheaper transfers.  

Never been to FMJ since they moved.  I keep meaning to stop in and check it out.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]
most walmarts in the area have full ammo shelves.

yes the traffic sucks around here

those pics bring back some memories
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Sweet might have to make to trip down from Old Town.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:22:08 PM EDT
[#7]
No guns or ammo at FMJ.  At least not the last time I was there.  Plenty of ammo cans, had surplus AR mags.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Sterling was looking pretty empty, not any cheap 9mm and no 22 in the shelves.

Quoted:
most walmarts in the area have full ammo shelves.

yes the traffic sucks around here

those pics bring back some memories
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top