Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I keep a color copy with the item just to be safe.

Theoretically, you've committed a felony by doing so. You cannot make a color reproduction of a revenue stamp

Well, to split hairs, their website recommends that you "make a photocopy".  Merriam-Webster online dictionary doesn't say anything about a photocopy being only black and white.  Where did you get the color/felony link?

http://www.secretservice.gov/money_illustrations.shtml

Down at the bottom...

Yeah, so, you can have any size black and white copy, and eforms is already black and white. I also highly doubt secret service is running a sting at your local gun range with someone documenting legal nfa ownership.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yeah, so, you can have any size black and white copy, and eforms is already black and white. I also highly doubt secret service is running a sting at your local gun range with someone documenting legal nfa ownership.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I keep a color copy with the item just to be safe.

Theoretically, you've committed a felony by doing so. You cannot make a color reproduction of a revenue stamp

Well, to split hairs, their website recommends that you "make a photocopy".  Merriam-Webster online dictionary doesn't say anything about a photocopy being only black and white.  Where did you get the color/felony link?

http://www.secretservice.gov/money_illustrations.shtml

Down at the bottom...

That website is referring to postal stamps, I do believe.  It also says cancelled stamps can be in color and of any size.  So, not sure.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll still stand by the statement hairs are getting split over a non-issue.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll still stand by the statement hairs are getting split over a non-issue.
View Quote

I completely agree.  It's a non-issue.  I was sort of pointing out that all kinds of stuff you would think would be OK to do, actually is a crime.  And for no good reason.  I could see making fraudulent copies being a problem, but a copy of your own form?  

Here is the actual law on it:

§ 402.1 Reproductions authorized.
Authority is hereby given to make,
hold, and dispose of black and white reproductions
of canceled U.S. internal
revenue stamps:
Provided, That such reproductions
are made, held and disposed
of as part of and in connection
with the making, holding, and disposition,
for lawful purposes, of the reproductions
of the documents to which
such stamps are attached
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top