Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2015 12:57:31 PM EDT
Anyone been there?  What's the fixed price?  Never been to one, but the wife wants to take me and the kids out to a special meal.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.texasdebrazil.com/locations/virginia/fairfax/

I've been to the one in Richmond several times.  If you haven't ever been, you have to go at least once.  Don't eat anything heavy before you go.  You will be extremely full afterwards.

If you go on their website, you can sign up for their e-mail newsletter.  They send out 50% off or $25 off per person coupons every now and then.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
If you do not like salt and/or want your meat well done this place is not for you. Other than that a good time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a bigger fan of Chima in Tysons.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]
If I am going to one with the wife, we prefer Chima because their salad bar is off the hook and is $35, compared to the meat which is $50.

Texas de Brazil is good.

My favorite is Fogo de Chao in DC.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you do not like salt and/or want your meat well done this place is not for you. Other than that a good time.
View Quote

Who the hell wants good beef WELL DONE? That's worse than mixing good whiskey with Coca-Cola.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Who the hell wants good beef WELL DONE? That's worse than mixing good whiskey with Coca-Cola.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are people, so I offer the warning...
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Wife and I just hit the Richmond one on the 1st for 1/2 price.   The coupons rock.  If you want something other than Medium rare they will cook it for you just ask.   If you a well done kind of person then you should just go on down to Ryans.  You won't noitice the difference in meat.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 1:52:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone been there?  What's the fixed price?  Never been to one, but the wife wants to take me and the kids out to a special meal.
View Quote

These are known as Brazilian BBQ

You get sat at your table, there is a salad/sides/soup/ appetizer type of buffet, you are free to go get whatever you want from those.
They have these waiters that bring meat to your table, generally at least 12 different kinds.
Sirloin, filet, beef ribs, chicken, salmon, sausages, pork loin..etc , they cut the meat for you and you take it and put it on your plate.

They has a 2 color/sided token, that you flip, red or green.  If green is up they stop and ask you if you want what they have, flip it over to red, they don't bug ya.

It is truly an experience, and food is excellent.

Texas de Brazil , fair oaks- food is good, atmosphere is more relaxed, decor is pretty good. $47/pp
Chima , tysons - food is great, atmosphere seems more sophisticated, up scale, free valet parking. Decor is clean simple $54/pp
Fogo de Chao , dc - food is great, atmosphere tries to be sophisticated, very loud, but really laid back, $55/pp

I favor Chima myself, in tysons, easy to get in and out of there, does well for large parties.
Texas de Brazil, has a frequent diner program, you can get in for $35/pp by dining once a month.

Regardless, whichever you chose, you won't be disappointed, just call ahead for reservation.

edit kids are 1/2 price up to 12yo at these places

Edit again, there was also a place in fair lakes called Malibu grill, same type of resturant, was about $28/pp, not sure if it is still there, but has a very relaxed atmosphere, like it used to be a bar type of resturant that was converted. That's a good place to start and work your way up, so you can appreciate the others as well, it doesn't suck.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, well.......some people drink MD 20-20 and think they're being high class.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

They will do no salt/well done if your party is large enough. In OPs case, Im not sure they would for a few people.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 5:47:06 AM EDT
[#11]
There is a Brazilian steakhouse in McArthur mall in Norfolk now too. I havent been yet but will soon.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My favorite is Fogo de Chao in DC.
View Quote

Went to the one in Baltimore and it was glorious.

Towards the end of the night I was in the bathroom and thought, "If I make myself puke, in theory I could eat more meat".
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe it's just me but I like them all.  As long as the meat isn't well done, I usually like the place.  I've been to them all and don't really remember any difference.

Salad bar?    I don't eat food that my food eats.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 10:46:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

1. Don't fill up at the salad bar

2. The top sirloin is
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top