Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2014 12:33:35 AM EDT
Who's going to the Salem Slum Show this weekend? I'll be there early Saturday morning. This will be my first  gun show in over a year. I'm looking for .38 SPL Target Ammo and grips for my new 638.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I was there from about 9:45 until a little after 12:00. Crowded as usual. Most of the usual suspects: Dark Sun, Trader Jerry's, Commonwealth Arms, ES Ramey, and The Jerky guy. I was hoping to see Georgia Arms there but didn't. No grips for my new 638, but I did for the first time ever see a 638 at a show, there were actually 4 of them.  Commonwealth had one for $399, Dark Sun had one for $389, Trader Jerry's had one for $389, and some guy on the far side of the hall had one for $699. I also saw a lot more AR-15 Pistols than usual and AR-15 Prices were back to where they were Pre-Obama. I ended up getting a box of ammo from Sportsman's Warehouse.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:29:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Georgia arms was at the Fredericksburg show that's why you didn't see them ......
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Gun shows are the equivalent of throwing $9 into the ditch and taking 2 hours off your life.  I won't go to another one anytime in the near future.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gun shows are the equivalent of throwing $9 into the ditch and taking 2 hours off your life.  I won't go to another one anytime in the near future.
View Quote

It used to be a great place to go if you needed ammo.  And you allllwayyyyys need ammo.

But I haven't been since the panic buying has started.  Can't afford it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#5]
The Obama quagmire ruined gunshows for the foreseeable future. They used to be bastions of cheap milsurp, ammo, guns, and gear. The last 2 shows I attended had more Chinese crap, books, Redneck novelties, home goods, and jerky than guns. It's sad when a hippy lady almost talks you into buying a microwaveable bag of sand for its healing abilities when you came to buy tools of destruction.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Obama quagmire ruined gunshows for the foreseeable future. They used to be bastions of cheap milsurp, ammo, guns, and gear. The last 2 shows I attended had more Chinese crap, books, Redneck novelties, home goods, and jerky than guns. It's sad when a hippy lady almost talks you into buying a microwaveable bag of sand for its healing abilities when you came to buy tools of destruction.  
View Quote

She's nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top