Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2014 6:11:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#1]
We will be doing free consignment sales of your firearms.

This is unheard of in your business.  I applaud you for doing this. Just wondering how long it will last, once it takes off...and it will.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have the space, I think it would be neat to showcase some custom knifemakers' knives.  I bet there would be a lot of interest for small guys who have a hard time finding venues to showcase their work.  You could probably charge them a small commission on each sale too in exchange for the access you give them to your many customers.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:10:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Millsup ammo by the crates like 7.62x54r etc...  
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Millsup ammo by the crates like 7.62x54r etc...  
View Quote

I'd definitely make a few more trips to the store if this happened.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Got nothing to say other than +1 on the Class III stuff.  After the recent shit Silencer Shop pulled, I'll be a Suppressor customer of your for life.

As an aside, here is a story about QT:

I was in the market for a case for an AR right after getting into the AR game - possibly a Pelican or something, but I'm not shelling out that kind of money for something I can't see in person.  So, I'm in QT back in early 2014 buying some stuff (5.11 boots, if I recall), and I casually mention this while looking at a sales sign on some of their cases.  The sales guy said "Just bring it in and see which case you like best".  I informed him I didn't own a case at all, and threw away the cardboard box my AR came in.  It would be me just carrying in a rifle.  His response?  To paraphrase - "Won't bother me any, just bring it in".

They had a sale that day.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Meanwhile those of us in Tidewater keep waiting for our own awesome QT to be announced.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#7]
You know, one of the big draws at Potomac Arms was their racks of used/surplus rifles and shotguns people could finger fuck.  It was like an amusement park for both big and little kids and a lot of folks ended up buying stuff there...I know I sure as hell did!

This was way before QT and VA Arms came into existence.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:00:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Christmas comes early!
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#9]
How about buy a Lower and LPK from QT and QT will install the LPK an no charge?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Reloading supplies!

Powder, Primer, Bullets..
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:43:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Reloading supplies!

View Quote
Second this.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Second this.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reloading supplies!

Second this.  

I've worked in a retail gunshop.  And I also remember back when another shop (VA Arms) used to carry reloading supplies (maybe others can weigh on on why they stopped).

Quantico:  here is a suggestion IF you decide to carry reloading supplies:

KEEP INVENTORY AS GENERAL AS POSSIBLE!!

What I mean is:  carry only powder and primers, since they are subject to Haz-Mat shipping fees if individuals order them.  

Further, carry only the very most popular powder and primer brands.  I remember when our store got stuck with a ton of Vihta Vouri powder because it had only been on the market for 20 years and no one had ever heard of it.  We also had some Norma brand powder and the response was typically "whut's thaat now?"

While MOST pistol powder out there is better than "Unique,"  it is the powder people know and it will always sell; carry that and for rifle, Varget and maybe H335 (what the military uses; its crap, but you can't tell reloaders anything).  Don't carry anything else; maybe - just maybe CFE, but you will have to convince buyers it is "mil spec" (or close to it).

The other products which DID NOT sell were reloading dies and bullets.  Let people mail order those if they want them.  If you insist on carrying bullets, LIMIT the calibers to the very most popular ones (.224, .308, and maybe .45).  

Above all, remeber this about reloaders:  WE ARE CHEAPSKATES.  One of the main points of reloading is to save money, so do not try to make the margin too high on reloading supplies- or they will not sell.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've worked in a retail gunshop.  And I also remember back when another shop (VA Arms) used to carry reloading supplies (maybe others can weigh on on why they stopped).

What I mean is:  carry only powder and primers, since they are subject to Haz-Mat shipping fees if individuals order them.  

Further, carry only the very most popular powder and primer brands.  I remember when our store got stuck with a ton of Vihta Vouri powder because it had only been on the market for 20 years and no one had ever heard of it.  We also had some Norma brand powder and the response was typically "whut's thaat now?"

While MOST pistol powder out there is better than "Unique,"  it is the powder people know and it will always sell; carry that and for rifle, Varget and maybe H335 (what the military uses; its crap, but you can't tell reloaders anything).  Don't carry anything else; maybe - just maybe CFE, but you will have to convince buyers it is "mil spec" (or close to it).

The other products which DID NOT sell were reloading dies and bullets.  Let people mail order those if they want them.  If you insist on carrying bullets, LIMIT the calibers to the very most popular ones (.224, .308, and maybe .45).  

Above all, remeber this about reloaders:  WE ARE CHEAPSKATES.  One of the main points of reloading is to save money, so do not try to make the margin too high on reloading supplies- or they will not sell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reloading supplies!

Second this.  

I agree. I would definitely like to see common powders and primers for .223, 9mm, 45 etc. And common cheap plinking bullets.

Surplus long guns would also be a draw.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Meanwhile those of us in Tidewater keep waiting for our own awesome QT to be announced.
View Quote

Indeed! That and the consignment benefit, that is awesome. Even though I'm cheap, I would spend that savings right in the store.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Awesome! Love the store guys. You're my go to location
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Indeed! That and the consignment benefit, that is awesome. Even though I'm cheap, I would spend that savings right in the store.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another vote for a HR store!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Awesome! Love the store guys. You're my go to location
View Quote
Me too!

A cerakote hookup with decent prices.

Become a Seekins Precision Distributor.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:54:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Are transfers still $15 for Team Members? There is no mention of this in your webstore or page btw
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Are transfers still $15 for Team Members? There is no mention of this in your webstore or page btw
View Quote

$15 + $2 state fee for first gun.  It's maybe $5 for each additional gun?  Can't remember, but yes, $15 for the first.

Oh, my friend had never been there before doing a transfer and didn't mention ARFCOM nor was a Team Quantico Tactical member, and he paid that price as well.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I just came in to say I am surprised the Custard place lasted as long as it did.

Can yall work out some discounts to Firehouse Subs?
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reloading supplies!

Second this.  

Thanks QT - since you are taking notes, I meant to add:  avoid stocking any sort of reloading EQUIPMENT at all.  It is far too subject to individual preference.  

For example, if you tried to stock 5.56mm NATO die sets, there are 5 or 6 manufacturers of dies.  Among them, there are 2 die sets, 3 die sets, and 4 die.  There are "neck size only," full length, and small base sizing dies.  There is even a 5.56 NATO carbide die set!    No matter what reloading equipment you try to stock, some cheap-skate reloader (like me) is going to want a different die set variation, and want you to sell it cheaper than it can be mail-ordered.  You just can't win selling reloading equipment.  Supplies - maybe.  Equipment - no.  Offer to order it for them.  Contact Dillon dealer Brian Enos to see if he will offer your store a discount (he is close to the Dillon family).

If you want to make lots of $$$, offer CCW classes.  Taylor them.  Offer "women only" classes, and hire a female instuctor (I'm a guy, but I understand that this stuff really matters to women.  Your class will always be sold out). Hire a CCW instuctor who is Sikh.  Advertize to the Sikh community - they seem to understand the concept of justifiable self defense over "call 911 and pray for the best."

I personally believe that responsible CCW requires lots of constant practice.  So I do NOT believe in VA CCW permit classes that have a "live fire" aspect -  it gives regular people a false sense of competence.  15 minutes of range time on ONE OCCASSION does not make one competent - but that is how people think after taking some CCW classes offered around here.  Just do the classroom component and hope that the newly-minted permit holders are personally responsible enough to get the additional training they need.

Create a QT USPSA team.  For the cost of a few TechWear shirts (i.e. - Advertizing shirts) you can have a "team" - just send a few employees to weekend USPSA shoots (there is even on on Quantico's base every month).  Give them a discount on ammo and make sure you send the best ambassadors for your store.  Those employees can also tell you what shooters are shooting, what they are talking about, what they want, etc.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Do you guys have a factory certified armorer for Some of the manufacturers you carry or a trained armorer who can work on most any mil spec AR?

Maybe it would be useful for some who don't want to invest in tools or don't have the space or what ever. Offer the service on a first come first served basis priced at a half hour rate for small things or by the job for whole gun kit assembly etc. Lower assembly, standard muzzle device install or swap, barrel / upper install or swap and head space, safety and function inspection for people that buy used guns, etc etc.

Pretty much anything that can be done with hand tools on the most popular pistols and the standard AR platform.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#24]
I wished you guys were a HK dealer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top