Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2014 8:21:22 PM EDT
Looking to swap some night sights onto a glock 19 and don't wanna take a punch and hammer to new gun. Can meet up wherever and bring some beer
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:36:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not near Nova but I'm sure one of the other Glock armorers here would be happy to fix it. Going rate is usually about $25 to $35
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Where are you located in NoVA?  I am in Loudoun and have a glock press if you want me to push them off/on.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not near Nova but I'm sure one of the other Glock armorers here would be happy to fix it. Going rate is usually about $25 to $35
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks, I was not really looking to pay anyone, just looking for some help and happy to return the favor/pay it forward with some beers or work on cars or help with other projects.

Quoted:
Where are you located in NoVA?  I am in Loudoun and have a glock press if you want me to push them off/on.

Thanks, I'm in Arlington. Probably a little far for me but I appreciate it and will keep you in mind.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#4]
The armorer at Virginia Arms (Robb) routinely does it for free, even if the gun/sights aren't from them. I asked him about ordering me some sights for my H&K, and he told me to find a better deal online, then he would install them for me.

-shooter
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The armorer at Virginia Arms (Robb) routinely does it for free, even if the gun/sights aren't from them. I asked him about ordering me some sights for my H&K, and he told me to find a better deal online, then he would install them for me.

-shooter
View Quote

Wow. I will call them and ask about that. I would actually buy the gun there if that is the case.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#6]
FWIW, I taped the sides and top of my slide, clamped it down to my bench and used a rubber mallet and it worked like a charm.

I've heard that other pistols, like M&P's are much more involved and require tools, but the Glocks are a little more forgiving.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
FWIW, I taped the sides and top of my slide, clamped it down to my bench and used a rubber mallet and it worked like a charm.

I've heard that other pistols, like M&P's are much more involved and require tools, but the Glocks are a little more forgiving.
View Quote

I would be a little more adventurous but I live in a 1 BR apt and don't have a vice/work space and don't want to butcher a brand new gun
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:58:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Where are you located at? I have a sight pusher that might work
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#9]
If you haven't bought yet, go to VA Arms. We are fortunate to have a growing stack of good dealers in the area, but they are still a favorite of mine. Another excellent option(with an armorer I believe) is nova armament on herndon. They are a smaller shop with a great selection.

-shooter
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:16:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm in Arlington, where are you?

Quoted:
If you haven't bought yet, go to VA Arms. We are fortunate to have a growing stack of good dealers in the area, but they are still a favorite of mine. Another excellent option(with an armorer I believe) is nova armament on herndon. They are a smaller shop with a great selection.

-shooter

I haven't. I was going to buy from PSA since they have a good deal on the gun but I'll call the local places as well.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Im in Stafford/Quantico. I need to go up to quantico tactical in wood bridge on sat. Arlington may be a little far for you
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I would be a little more adventurous but I live in a 1 BR apt and don't have a vice/work space and don't want to butcher a brand new gun
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've changed Glock sights half a dozen times with nothing more than a block of wood,  brass punch and a small hammer on s kitchen table.  No damage, slight brass mark in the finish that is easily removed with some copper solvent bore cleaner.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've changed Glock sights half a dozen times with nothing more than a block of wood,  brass punch and a small hammer on s kitchen table.  No damage, slight brass mark in the finish that is easily removed with some copper solvent bore cleaner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Have a P500 buried in my basement that has made it's rounds to a couple HTF fellas already.   PM sent.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I have used several universal removers and some specifically designed for certain models.   Hammer and punch usually works better in all applications.

I at one time saw a dove tailed punch and I can't seem to find that again.  If anyone knows where I can pick one up, please reply.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#16]
well, got the gun from Nova armament and now waiting for the sights to be shipped from PSA. I went with the truglo TFOs which were on sale for 50 bucks. Also ordered 2 pmags from PSA which were on sale as well.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't really care since I'm going to replace the sights anyway, but check out how far of center the rear sight is.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another tip to add to this is put some painters tape over your brass punch tip so you don't have to clean the marks off.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top