Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/9/2014 11:42:34 AM EDT
Back in the WTN HTF, we used to do these twice a year it seemed. With the holiday season and people picking up goodies + nasty weather making it nice to stay inside, is there anyone looking to assemble anything this season? I would be happy to host  a get together and put stuff together if there is enough interest.

I am waiting on a new model HG to arrive and a CMT receiver to come back in stock at AIM, so I am about ready to puzzle up two different uppers.

ETA: Looks like January 11th is the date we are going with (still could be the 10th, have enough time for more votes). I will message out the address when we get closer to the date.

Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I would be interested.  Have a couple sitting in boxes.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Have an AK receiver I partially built about 10 years ago....      Never finished because of the tools or knowledge to continue.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have an AK receiver I partially built about 10 years ago....      Never finished because of the tools or knowledge to continue.  
View Quote

Well I have a couple of clubs and a trash can. I suppose I can throw some sand and rocks on my floor to work on. Maybe someone local has some good knowledge on where to take it from the point you left off.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd be interested in just coming by and saying hi.  I've bought tons of tools over the last 6-8 months that I'm happy to bring.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'd be interested in just coming by and saying hi.  I've bought tons of tools over the last 6-8 months that I'm happy to bring.
View Quote

buy a CNC machine?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

buy a CNC machine?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

buy a CNC machine?

Would love to make my own muzzle brakes or something cool.  But they are about $100 more than a want to spend.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I would be up for this, sounds like a blast. I have an armorer's wrench
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I have some 1911 tools that I could bring, most noteworthy is a slide tightening jig.  If you want a tighter slide to frame fit this tool will accomplish the job.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have some 1911 tools that I could bring, most noteworthy is a slide tightening jig.  If you want a tighter slide to frame fit this tool will accomplish the job.
View Quote

Hmmm... I have a Thumb safety and MSH magwell I need to fit before sending out to be treated.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 12:53:32 AM EDT
[#10]
so a couple AR projects, some 1911 parts, and an AK receiver deal... we got something started
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 2:22:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Lets do this
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I do need to put my trigger together...
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe either December 20th/21st  or  January 10th/11th? The latter should give everyone enough time to get stuff in.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#14]
How far north in NoVA are we talkin?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:19:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a unfinished Polish Tantal i need to get put together.  Been putting it off for close to a decade now due to the cost of all the tools id need.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 5:37:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Lets do this
View Quote

I currently have 2 Form 1's pending...
one for the suppressor project and another for a SBR.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I got nothing to build, but would be interdasted in hanging out

Location?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How far north in NoVA are we talkin?
View Quote

Deep into the fight and well behind enemy lines, right inside the beltway
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have a unfinished Polish Tantal i need to get put together.  Been putting it off for close to a decade now due to the cost of all the tools id need.
View Quote

What sort of special tools do you need?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very interested. I've been pondering buying a kit.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

The various riveting tools necessary to pin everything to the receiver.  There is a trigger guard rivet jig, then there is a rear trunion rivet jig and then you can get by with a bolt cutter rivet tool for the rest.  It gets expensive fast when adding up a bunch of tools.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The various riveting tools necessary to pin everything to the receiver.  There is a trigger guard rivet jig, then there is a rear trunion rivet jig and then you can get by with a bolt cutter rivet tool for the rest.  It gets expensive fast when adding up a bunch of tools.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a modified bolt cutter... I don't have the trigger guard toy.
I built 2 Apex kits. A Yugo M64 and an AMD65

if you need, I will loan no problem.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#23]
This is how sh*t gets done!
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This is how sh*t gets done!
View Quote

purty much...lol
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a 12 ton hydraulic press, if it is needed.  

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a couple of uppers to  throw together, and have access to brats for the BBQ!!!

Any room for some 4-sale stuff?

Interested in location.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have a couple of uppers to  throw together, and have access to brats for the BBQ!!!

Any room for some 4-sale stuff?

Interested in location.
View Quote

Off Eisenhower Ave in Alexandria. When I pull the car out, there is enough room to set up a table or two (in from the cold). And yes, we will figure out a grilling situation.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Just updated with a poll for the dates. I made it so you can select more than one day in case a weekend works for you but you are indifferent about which day, you can still bump up your vote accordingly.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I accidentally clicked vote before selecting a choice.  

I'm good for whenever.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I voted for any date, but January is probably better to give me some time to buy something new to put together. Awesome idea here.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#31]
I have a flat bending jig for AKs.  I also have a trigger guard jig.  My riveting jig is out on the west coast on loan but if it comes back before the party I can make it available.  I am not sure if I can make any of the dates due to work but if someone is in Loudoun County then I can meet them to drop the stuff off.  I have a 20 ton press as well if no one has it but you will need a truck to move it all.  It might fit in a car but YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Those presses would be real handy with my baffle forming tool... but I ain't "making" anything until I get stamps back.

I have a pile of armorer's tools and experience to help guide efforts.. And if things work out will be more than happy to attend. Gotta be a Saturday or a Sunday though.
I work a 24/7 public service gig...calling in well isn't an option.

I'm booked this weekend...putting an old Camaro together and splitting firewood.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#33]
this is why we can do this sort of thing twice a year or so
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#34]
I've got a bunch of AK tooling, including a spot welder for rails. I think I have a trigger guard rivet jig, but we usually did them with an air gun on a bucking bar.

I also have a bunch of flats that work with the old style benders (which I no longer have), and might be persuaded to part with some parts kits... I know I have more AMD65 kits left and maybe a Romy G or two. And another 1919. Also have sine FAL kits, one with a new Century receiver.

Also have most of the standard AR kit as well, of course.

My availability depends on the final choice of dates. I know I'm on call at least one Sunday in Jan.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:03:55 PM EDT
[#35]
I got the spot welder with the modified tongs.

A rivet forming tool.

And a modified tweezer thingy that helps you find the place to drill the front trunion rivets in the receiver.

I used to have a shot ton more tools, but sold that shit off once I got done building.

But, hey, if it is a cookout too I can bring some Bulldog Burgers™.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:27:18 PM EDT
[#36]
I have all the AK tools as well including a barrel populating jig, map torch for heat treating etc. don't really need to build anything but I would love to hang out andlet people use my tools

anytime works for me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I have an extra AK receiver flat somebody can have if they want it.
View Quote
LOL, claimed by Dorang.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Have any of you AK guys done a saiga conversion?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes, other than threading, they are fairly fast and easy.  Just need a mig to weld up the old holes.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#40]
nvm
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#41]
I can do the 20/21st of Dec 10/11th I have drill that weekend.  

If its Sunday night I can race back from Blackstone Va, and maybe meet ya'll.  I do have to get a lower put together for my LWRCi upper.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:41:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Hard to say whether I'll be back in town by the 10th or 11th.. I'm flying to our Denver office for the 5th-9th. If I am back in town I'll stop by with a armorer's wrench and a 6-pack. I still can't buy any lowers, but I can drink beer and spectate.

48 more days to go... It's getting close!  
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:05:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Hard to say whether I'll be back in town by the 10th or 11th.. I'm flying to our Denver office for the 5th-9th. If I am back in town I'll stop by with a armorer's wrench and a 6-pack. I still can't buy any lowers, but I can drink beer and spectate.

48 more days to go... It's getting close!  
View Quote

you can still enjoy some good food (if I can get Paul to come)
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:29:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Damn, I'd love to come up but I don't think I'll have anything to build by then.  

Gotta sell some shit before I can finance my Diet CWAR
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#45]
I voted January 11.. That is a Sunday and perfect for my schedule.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:45:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Looks like I'm going to be out working on the road again for this one now. Maybe next time...

I'm only going to be back about 5 days at the end of January to get moved over to VA, then I get sent back out on the road. We just picked up a bunch of new contracts that I've got to attend to until further notice. Came with a raise and promotion, at least.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Looks like I'm going to be out working on the road again for this one now. Maybe next time...

I'm only going to be back about 5 days at the end of January to get moved over to VA, then I get sent back out on the road. We just picked up a bunch of new contracts that I've got to attend to until further notice. Came with a raise and promotion, at least.
View Quote

I would mark that as a win. We will make sure you can come to the next one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#48]
still waiting for wmounts to check in. Maybe enemy can make it up too
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Well Tag
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Im flexible.
I have most AR tools. torque wrench, reactor rod, upper vice blocks, taper pins, roll pin tool, armorers wrench etc.

While AKs don't trip my trigger, I admit building one would be interesting, depending on cost.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top