Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2014 11:58:47 AM EDT

So someone has been breaking into my car in Richmond. This is the second time. I'm going to bait them by leaving the door unlocked and leaving some change in the center console. The thief apparently only wants loose change. They didn't even take my check book or any other valuables except for a shitty electric weed wacker. Honestly, I think its a homeless person just looking for unlocked doors ( one of my locks is apparently malfunctioning)

It appears that they are breaking in sometime at night between 9PM and 7 AM.

Let me know if you have any ideas or a game camera I can set up. Once I set up their pattern I'm going to stay up and try to catch them. I'm also talking to the local police to see what they can do to help.

Many Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

So someone has been breaking into my car in Richmond. This is the second time. I'm going to bait them by leaving the door unlocked and leaving some change in the center console. The thief apparently only wants loose change. They didn't even take my check book or any other valuables except for a shitty electric weed wacker. Honestly, I think its a homeless person just looking for unlocked doors ( one of my locks is apparently malfunctioning)

It appears that they are breaking in sometime at night between 9PM and 7 AM.

Let me know if you have any ideas or a game camera I can set up. Once I set up their pattern I'm going to stay up and try to catch them. I'm also talking to the local police to see what they can do to help.

Many Thanks.
View Quote

I got a wireless camera from amazon to keep an eye on my dog walker. It works well and you can watch from your phone/record to an HD. Something like this http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DCS-930L-mydlink-Enabled-Wireless-N-Network/dp/B00452V66G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1417716468&sr=8-3&keywords=ip+camera
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Put a GoPro on your dash and check it in the morning.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#3]
One thing I've learned from my repo friends is that even the new vehicles are not all that hard to gain undamaged entry from determined person.  Alarms or surveilance is their main concern.  I can donate a super charged capacitor.....he'll be lights out waiting for you

What part of RVA?  I park off of downtown Main St a few days weekly and occassionally overnight.  I just put one these partly covered in the cab to simulate surveilance or rigged device.  Works good for home windows too.  Predator Eye
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One thing I've learned from my repo friends is that even the new vehicles are not all that hard to gain undamaged entry from determined person.  Alarms or surveilance is their main concern.  I can donate a super charged capacitor.....he'll be lights out waiting for you

What part of RVA?  I park off of downtown Main St a few days weekly and occassionally overnight.  I just put one these partly covered in the cab to simulate surveilance or rigged device.  Works good for home windows too.  Predator Eye
View Quote

I'm in Jackson ward.  My vehicle is old. Really old.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#5]
If it's unlocked...

it's not a Breaking and Entering
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I would just figure out how to get a car battery to send a charge to the door handle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top