Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2014 9:51:08 AM EDT
For those who may be heading into DC this morning (and apparently future mornings), the Fergadishu protestors have taken to shutting down I-395 and 14th Street.

WaPo Link, made hot.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
For those who may be heading into DC this morning (and apparently future mornings), the Fergadishu protestors have taken to shutting down I-395 and 14th Street.

WaPo Link, made hot.
View Quote

What if (completely hypothetical) someone who was stopped close to them, such as one or two back, went up and hit a few with Mace Triple Action?  (BTW, it contains one of the most potent pepper spray, CS gas, and UV dye combo's sold)  And yes, it's legal.  I drive near that road and would be tempted.  But I'm home sick as a dog.  

They would disperse like a son of a bitch, of course, and there would be chaos.  I can't imagine any other driver getting pissed and stopping the people who were stopping the protesters.  Protesting = OK.  Violating my rights = Not OK.

Lets here from LEO's, if we've got any, since that would be interesting as I'm not sure there have been offensive uses of pepper spray from civilian to civilian in a protest.

I'd watch it happen, applaud the guy/girl, and proceed to work.  Probably classified as a misdemeanor battery in VA, but I'm not certain.  I'd bet a paycheck you could plead to disorderly conduct and get probation for a first time offender.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Needs more cattle catcher and accelerator.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Just need some leaflet dispensers - have chaff-dispenser like action, except load them with job applications.

Pull up to the blockade, hit the power, leaflets fly, they scatter like roaches.

On your way to work!
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd a Maced every fucker I could.

9 hours late.... "Knock, knock, knock".  "Why no officer, I was not there.  I was with my bi-sexual, black, Muslim/Jew, amputee mistress at the minority-only soup kitchen in DC.  There was no way I'd consider such a foul, repressive, GOP/Right-wing tactic such as that".
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

WaPo Link, made hot.
View Quote

How about insted of abandoning your kids for three days to be happily arrested...
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#7]
It could be worse, we could have people dumb enough to burn there own house mistaking it for a 7-11.

Protester burns own house, claims he thought it was a 7-11
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It could be worse, we could have people dumb enough to burn there own house mistaking it for a 7-11.

View Quote

I also read the onion when I want factual news without a political bias
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#10]
cut me some slack, I did not know at the time that it was a satirical site. I can see someone being that dumb and doing that.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
cut me some slack, I did not know at the time that it was a satirical site. I can see someone being that dumb and doing that.
View Quote

We're laughing with you, not at you.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well, since you put it that way
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I guess it's time to put the snow plows on the trucks a bit early this year.

If they want to protest, they can stay on the damn sidewalk. In the street, you're meat.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Just because they live off of trust funds and welfare doest mean there are others who dont need to get to work. Fucking assholes.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#16]
They're at it again for tonight's rush.  And at Christmas Tree lighting at WH.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Will they have to trade shifts with each other to cover the protests and the MayorforLife's funeral tomorrow?  Decisions, decisions...
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Will they have to trade shifts with each other to cover the protests and the MayorforLife's funeral tomorrow?  Decisions, decisions...
View Quote

I've been waiting for the two to cross paths... I'm betting Friday night in DC will be interesting.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I've been waiting for the two to cross paths... I'm betting Friday night in DC will be interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I work in NW and left Friday night about 7:30, and thank God it was uneventful on my route out. There were a shitload of sirens, though (way more than the usual)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top