Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2014 8:54:46 PM EDT
Anyone know of anyone who does barrel threading in the Tidewater area?

I have a couple of cans inbound and want to get a couple of rifles threaded
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:17:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Anyone know of anyone who does barrel threading in the Tidewater area?

I have a couple of cans inbound and want to get a couple of rifles threaded
View Quote
I haven't had any barrels threaded, but my "go to" gunsmith is Revolver Armorer over in Driver.  If they can't do it, they'll point you to someone who can.

http://www.revolverarmorer.com/Welcome.html

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:45:08 AM EDT
[#2]
check out J & L Gunsmithing in Chesapeake , VA.

I met  the owner recently and was totally impressed with his skills. I was looking for someone to cerakote a handgun and ended up w a four hour tour of his skill craft, personal philosophy and time management. I don't know how he has time to sleep. He competes in 3-gun, makes custom rifles for national champions and does amazing work w cerakote. Don't let his basic website underwhelm you. he doesn't post his best work online because as he said, others tend to 'borrow" his ideas. He showed me at least twenty amazing rifles and handguns he created, all simply flawless. He also has his NFA-SOT license. I bought a suppressor as well. Good, low key people. IMHO.

(btw, I just noticed your quote... and for the record I like palm trees, I have many. )
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 8:01:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Where in Chesapeake? The website does not have an address.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#4]
You might try and contact Epic Manufacturing over in Virginia Beach.  Although they do production work and high end manufacturing, I imagine if they have production time, they are more than capable of your machine work.  They also can do laser engraving and other really precise work that is normally sent out of state to other Gunsmiths and "manufacturers."

Doesnt hurt to throw them an email or call them.  Jason is the owner, and he is SUPER competent and I have seen his thread and pin work on ARs and even converting 308 ARs to left side cocking - see their Facebook page for pics if they are still up.

2513 Performance Court # 104
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23453
United States
757 689-4373
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 for J&L
Jim is a good guy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone used Demon Tactical in Virginia Beach?
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]

It's not local, but Adco does an awesome job with everything and the turn around is usually really fast.

I've had them cut and thread barrels.  Zero issues.

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I think you would be pleased with Revolver Armorer in Suffolk.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Bob Yurina has done a few for me
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe Bob Yurina is working out of Bob's, Norfolk now.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Marks gun smithing in Norfolk...

http://fflgundealers.net/marks-gunsmithing-inc.html

Does very good work..to SPEC!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top